WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Lol yes the more they say don’t touch the more I think about it do it too!

Heard WHO has named this a pandemic is that true?
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    YES!
    Lol yes the more they say don’t touch the more I think about it do it too!

Heard WHO has named this a pandemic is that true?

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Oh Annie - 2 minutes ago they just posted that you have your 1st case. I was just reading it then read your post. Good news is he’s healthy enough age 50yrs to self hone quarantine . He 🧳 travelled to another state got it .Hoping it’s wrong https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/coronavirus/delaware-coronavirus-positive-test/2322213/

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited March 2020
    Options
    He went to Sam’s Club today he refuses to use preorder! I want him to ! Still working my magic on him .

Walmart.com still my main go to.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Don’t click on that guys link I accidentally did it messed up my fitness pal had to exit come back unsafe!!!

Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rori Excruciating 3 hours for you while Mars the Leash-Loving Cat was being pampered by your lovely neighbors. Having gone through it before, I have the utmost empathy. Sheer agony.

Katla Glad you are OK. We were a little worried about you.

Karen in Virginia
  • Kiwibowler
    Kiwibowler Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you know you shouldn't touch your face

Most painful chin zit (pimple) since teen years
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    That unknown thread has been reported!😠
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Happy March! t

Thank you Barbie for starting us in the new month.

Katla
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I had an unfortunate trip to Safeway and was involved in a fender bender in the parking lot. The driver of the other car backed into me. I have good photos of the damage to my car and the evident lack of visible damage to the other car. I have been notified that someone wants to sue me for their car damages. I went to my insurance company and they helped me fill out a traffic report for the DMV. She faxed it in right away and they have it now.

The same night as the parking lot fender-bender, DH had a medical problem that needed help from the paramedics. They were brilliant at helping and he is doing fine thanks to their help.

Between the two events, I ended up more than a bit stressed and rattled. Now we wait for the next step for the car repair. I have quite a bit of damage where the other car dented mine that will have to be done in a body shop & we are waiting our turn for the work to be done. My car is still drivable while I wait for my turn for repair.

Katla in overcast NW Oregon

It might be worth going and having a chat to your GP ... just talk to her about how you feel when you're stressed.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    How many times a day do you touch your face?

The health advice includes washing hands with soap frequently throughout the day and avoiding touching your face.

When I hear that my first thought was, "That's OK, I hardly ever touch my face" ...

Then I started paying attention to it, and it's like my hands are glued to my face!! Rubbing my itchy, sore eyes. Checking my broken tooth. Scratching my itchy nose. Brushing my hair out of my face. Pushing my glasses up.

I'm trying to really focus on not touching! And I might need to start wearing my hair back.

Oh, speaking of hair, I've started washing it 6 days a week instead of just 5 and I might go to 7. I'm also debating about having about 6-8 inches lopped off the bottom. I can almost sit on it now. It's possible it might be healthier to have it slightly shorter.

M in Oz

Every time I go out in public now, I feel a need to touch my face! Maddening!

Beth near Buffalo

I know!

I also find I lean my chin on my hand when I'm working.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Kiwibowler – are you from Australia? What’s the significance behind your name?

Michele NC

If Kiwi refers to a country, it would be New Zealand, not Australia. :)

• Kiwibowler
    Kiwibowler Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    Kiwibowler – are you from Australia? What’s the significance behind your name?

Michele NC

If Kiwi refers to a country, it would be New Zealand, not Australia. :)

Hi both, yep a kiwi from Southern NZ. I'm also a lawn bowls player so in place of other inspiration that's my user name.

My goal with being here is to get back to 68kg (from 75kg) before August and my 50th birthday. Unfortunately my body REALLY wants to keep that extra 7kg after I lost 8 kg hard and fast when ill back in 2015.

Hence being here when I'm not usually a joiner :-)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    That person's post was wrong for so many reasons. I too clicked spam and it has been removed.