What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Compliments don’t necessarily equal flirting. Just FYI.

Mel - Mel - Mel

Come let me tell you about the dudes of mfp. Unless your talking about dudes irl .. in which case let me tell you about all dudes 😂😂

School is in session. Teach me.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

IMO when WOMEN give compliments it’s not always flirting.

When men give compliments it depends. If it’s like, “lookin good bruh” it’s definitely flirting. If it’s more like “nice kittens” it’s flirting. Wait. What was I saying?

I pretty much assume nobody is almost ever flirting with me. I give tons of compliments. If someone compliments me I assume they are being super nice or bs’ing me. Even if they were to say “nice kitten” or even “nice kittens” or the even more blatant “nice kitten”🤣

Ima go out on a limb and say If a cis-gender hetero man is complimenting your CAT he’s probably flirting.
  • MelG7777
    Options

When men give compliments it depends. If it’s like, “lookin good bruh” it’s definitely flirting. If it’s more like “nice kittens” it’s flirting. Wait. What was I saying?

I pretty much assume nobody is almost ever flirting with me. I give tons of compliments. If someone compliments me I assume they are being super nice or bs’ing me. Even if they were to say “nice kitten” or even “nice kittens” or the even more blatant “nice kitten”🤣

Ima go out on a limb and say If a cis-gender hetero man is complimenting your CAT he’s probably flirting.

I was just messing around about that part. Lol. I’m just saying, I’m KIIIINDA surprised if the general consensus is:
    Compliments=Flirting
    Am I being naive? Maybe because it’s a fitness site when people compliment people’s bodies, workouts etc. I assume it’s just general encouragement.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

I was just messing around about that part. Lol. I’m just saying, I’m KIIIINDA surprised if the general consensus is:
    Compliments=Flirting
    Am I being naive? Maybe because it’s a fitness site when people compliment people’s bodies, workouts etc. I assume it’s just general encouragement.

in all seriousness I don’t know.

People here only flirt with me in a joking way and I’m not sure I’d know the difference anyway.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    But even if you are flirting vs giving a compliment...

What's the big deal, difference or not

I mean it's not serious either way, just having fun and making someone you may admire feel good at the same time 🤷🏽‍♂️...

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

This is why I'm afraid of complimenting a Male on here or elsewhere. Most don't know the difference. I also dont like to give empty compliments. I like to compliment when something really catches my eye and I have to say something. If I leave a winky after my compliment, I'm totally flirting with you ;)
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

I mean it's not serious either way, just having fun and making someone you may admire feel good at the same time 🤷🏽‍♂️...

Pretty much this
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    well golly - i got all the winky! ;)
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I think I’m flirting with myself. 🤔

7cxtbnr9rrbc.jpeg
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    well golly - i got all the winky! ;)

You get all my winkies 😜
  • MelG7777
    Options

Pretty much this

True. I’m probably overthinking it. But, crazily enough it still kinda surprises me if people always equate one with the other. My brain just works differently.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    Options

Pretty much this

True. I’m probably overthinking it. But, crazily enough it still kinda surprises me if people always equate one with the other. My brain just works differently.

Yeah, i mean there’s flirting and there’s flirting. And now I think about it i have had both here. I only knew which was which in hindsight though.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Mel - Mel - Mel

Come let me tell you about the dudes of mfp. Unless your talking about dudes irl .. in which case let me tell you about all dudes 😂😂

School is in session. Teach me.

I was being a bit facetious- some not all dudes will take a compliment as flirting - it depends on the context - some dudes will take a compliment as an excuse to try and get dem nudes tho Amirite- under the guise of - hey I thought you wanted this baby - you just told me how great my calves look 🤷‍♂️
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    I just had an idea of what to do with my summer. Olympics comings up. Slim, good-looking athlete women. I'm a bachelor. Tinder 🤔

Maybe cancelled bro??
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Well whatever happens, we'll always have mfp 😂
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should put a fence around my garden and figure out how to grow toilet paper. Right @tinak33 ?

You'd get rich, no doubt. They've got to be the busiest businesses on the planet right now.....😳😆