What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else heard about this Momo Challenge? Police are getting involved because children are harming themselves... my son is absolutely terrified.
    Has anyone else heard about this Momo Challenge? Police are getting involved because children are harming themselves... my son is absolutely terrified.

I was speaking to my son about this today. He’s not allowed to watch YouTube but it seems that just the talk at school and seeing the image has been enough to freak him out. I don’t know what kind of sick *kitten* thinks this is funny but children have actually been hurt and when they get caught I wish them them the very worst.

I was speaking to my son about this today. He’s not allowed to watch YouTube but it seems that just the talk at school and seeing the image has been enough to freak him out. I don’t know what kind of sick *kitten* thinks this is funny but children have actually been hurt and when they get caught I wish them them the very worst.

I checked in with the boys and the step-boys, and they had all heard of it or seen it. Luckily, they are smart enough to know it’s fake nonsense, but it’s still extremely dangerous and potentially traumatizing to children not old enough to understand that..... yet one more reason to hate the humans.

I had to look this up myself, props to all you parents staying on top of stuff like this! Its a good thing I'm not a parent yet ( or that im aware of lol) because I had no idea something like this existed lol. Its scary!
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Failure, frustration

writer block?

Something along those lines. Now it's nearly 4am and I'm wide awake, can't sleep, so attacking it again because why not
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Yes, just had a talk with my 9 year old last night. She is not allowed to use YouTube any longer. She hasn't seen Momo on YouTube but her friends at school apparently have talked about it and shown her pictures of Momo. We also had a talk about telling an adult right away if a friend talks about hurting themselves.

It makes me nauseous to just think about and it's terrifying af.

It is really scary! For a second there I thought you were channeling momo in your profile pic... :D

:joy: It really helps keep the creepers at bay!
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Today is going to be a good day. The sun and the moon were out at the same time.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    Saw this on the Momo Challenge this morning.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47393510
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options

Yes, just had a talk with my 9 year old last night. She is not allowed to use YouTube any longer. She hasn't seen Momo on YouTube but her friends at school apparently have talked about it and shown her pictures of Momo. We also had a talk about telling an adult right away if a friend talks about hurting themselves.

It makes me nauseous to just think about and it's terrifying af.

It is really scary! For a second there I thought you were channeling momo in your profile pic... :D

:joy: It really helps keep the creepers at bay!

I wonder what that says about my profile pic... I don't get any creepers! :D;)
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Today I had some teenager hit me from behind. I am fine and there was minimal damage. I wrote down all his information but I think I’m going to let it go. Aside from the fact that I was using my using my older car, which is already pretty beat up to begin with, I would hate to ruin his insurance at such a young age for something so minuscule. Yet I’m always challenged as to what the right choice is in similar situations. Perhaps it’s because I’ve grown tremendously from the consequences of my choices in comparison to when I was given a free card.

Jenny, you are an amazing human. That would be so tremendously kind of you.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Today I had some teenager hit me from behind. I am fine and there was minimal damage. I wrote down all his information but I think I’m going to let it go. Aside from the fact that I was using my using my older car, which is already pretty beat up to begin with, I would hate to ruin his insurance at such a young age for something so minuscule. Yet I’m always challenged as to what the right choice is in similar situations. Perhaps it’s because I’ve grown tremendously from the consequences of my choices in comparison to when I was given a free card.

You are a better person than me.

You make a good point about getting a "free card" I still remember being lucky enough for people to have given me a pass for some things I've done, by accident or otherwise.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

@laprimaJenny

When ever anyone is hit from the rear I always suggest going to the hospital, even if the impact was at 5 mph (8.05 kph). If you can go today, I would strongly recommend it. I have known more than several people that felt fine after being rare ended, but the next day they were sore or more injured then they thought.

Some had injuries for life and insurance wouldn't pay for it because they waited to long to go to the hospital and the insurance said it could of been caused by anything. It sounds like you didn't even call the police so there would be no police report.

Please get a medical check up to make sure you are healthy. This is some of the best advice I've ever gotten about car accidents and I have seen the negative repercussions, too many times, when it wasn't followed.

If nothing else you want to make sure you are healthy or don't have any injuries that could be exacerbated later down the road and become a life long issue.

• RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    just a heads-up to everyone: I think there's a troll going around wooing posts which absolutely shouldn't be woo'd. :/

Yes they have been on and off doing that for a while. It amuses me.
    They were bothered enough to click a woo instead of scrolling on by? Fine with me. Their problem, not mine.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake 😋
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Lookey-loos of the "not benign" variety.