What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    just a heads-up: I think there's a troll going around wooing posts which absolutely shouldn't be woo'd. :/

could be the typical woo mix up.

woo=bad
    w=/= woohoo
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Can you have bats as pets? Like domesticated ones?

Please get a couple of baby bats and try to domesticate them, and document it!

This conjures a hilarious and adorable image! I picture them sitting on your shoulder and then getting spooked and getting caught in your hair trying to fly away.

Would they need little bat sunglasses if you tried to change their day/night cycle?

...wow, I'm taking this way too far
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

You can have my barn bats. They’re supposed to be great at getting rid of mosquitoes but they’re slacking

ETA: not now, in summer

Maybe you need more bats to keep up with the supply of mosquitoes.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

you *can* do anything i guess depending on how dedicated you are. like you could probably capture one if you really wanted.

but then it's not really ever your bat either. its really like, nature's bat, you know
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

you *can* do anything i guess depending on how dedicated you are. like you could probably capture one if you really wanted.

but then it's not really ever your bat either. its really like, nature's bat, you know

What if you sneak one out of the zoo?
  • iMago
    Options

i was actually curious and decided to google it. the first link says:

n21sd2ye4fp4.jpg
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

i was actually curious and decided to google it. the first link says:

n21sd2ye4fp4.jpg

Awe, this is sad. They need each other.

eta: I guess @JustReadTheInstructions is gonna have to build a huge bat cave first.
  • iMago
    Options

If I'm stealing from the zoo it'll be a penguin.

penguins are the worst though. they cheat on each other. we've been over this before don't make me post the homewrecking penguin video again.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    aw, i always wanted a fox bat. i feel like my lab mix and a fox bat are long lost cousins

but after reading the poor domestication rates :(
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Please get a couple of baby bats and try to domesticate them, and document it!

This conjures a hilarious and adorable image! I picture them sitting on your shoulder and then getting spooked and getting caught in your hair trying to fly away.

Would they need little bat sunglasses if you tried to change their day/night cycle?

...wow, I'm taking this way too far

I love the thought you've put into this. I'd definitely want to start with babies.

Would they have to hang on me upside down though? Maybe if I had a little branch on a necklace. Not sure about the day/night schedule yet.

Guess you'd have to wear a sweater or something for them to grip, while they hung...and be prepared for the looks...you know the random guy in town who walks around with the bird on his shoulder? That'll be you now, but slightly more eccentric!
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Someone just needs to invent domestic immortal cyborg bats