What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    How much I really really hate small talk

Was just thinkin about this yesterday, how small talk is generally used as a way to ease into socially-normal conversation with someone in an attempt to avoid awkwardness.

I can play the game but it's exhausting, sometimes I just wanna walk up to somebody and be like "You ever have days where you legit can't remember what it was like to enjoy things that you used to like?" and have them respond with truth, no walls. One of those things tho, it just is what it is
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

Was just thinkin about this yesterday, how small talk is generally used as a way to ease into socially-normal conversation with someone in an attempt to avoid awkwardness.

I can play the game but it's exhausting, sometimes I just wanna walk up to somebody and be like "You ever have days where you legit can't remember what it was like to enjoy things that you used to like?" and have them respond with truth, no walls. One of those things tho, it just is what it is

Or they respond with "Um excuse me. That's my phone at my desk ringing. Sorry."

Then they tell everyone at work that you said that and they're smirking at you in the halls and side eyeing you in the lunchroom and when they do speak with you, their voices are noticably higher in pitch than before.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

Have you seen Big Talk?
    https://youtu.be/deScHJGoVc8
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

I know small talk is important in social aspects. My comment was more towards small talk on the phone. I hate the long awkward pauses. I'm pretty sure that's why texting was created lol
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    Options

Have you seen Big Talk?
    https://youtu.be/deScHJGoVc8

I love this!
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    If I knew I were going to die tomorrow, I’d probably crawl into bed and wait for it under the covers. I wish I were more noble, selfless, strong than that, but that’s my truth.

that’s what most people would do imo
    maybe vacillate between panic and anger and sadness

i hate those questions tbh

now I’m worried maybe I’ve been doing this, figuratively speaking, all along. just...waiting

Oh Mistress, I wanna give you a big squeeze. <3
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    Options
    If I knew I were going to die tomorrow, I’d probably crawl into bed and wait for it under the covers. I wish I were more noble, selfless, strong than that, but that’s my truth.

My dad had to go through a version of this, he had brain cancer and knew the end was coming pretty quick. The last time I got to see him, we had a lot of those conversations about death and everything--I was in this "leave nothing unsaid" kinda panic.

I asked him what it was like to be staring death in the face, and he just sorta shrugged and said "I can wait for it, or I can just live every day until I die. Some days are worse than others, but I might as well live while I can."

I know him; I know he was afraid (who doesn't fear the unknown?) and I'm pretty sure I would be, too. He faced it with some grace though, and his words were...practical. I've always wondered if I'd handle it as well or if I'd just fold, though.

It makes me wonder if they really make peace with it or if they try to be as strong as they can to not show fear to ease the family more pain.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    The desperate measures that some will go to...

If this is about the video box I sent you, I did warn you what was inside...
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    I hope they'll reopen the singles thread. I been lurking in that thread and it's all kumbaya and sooo vanilla in there. I kinda like it...... I think

If it's so vanilla, why'd it get closed?
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    I hope they'll reopen the singles thread. I been lurking in that thread and it's all kumbaya and sooo vanilla in there. I kinda like it...... I think

If it's so vanilla, why'd it get closed?

Lol @RomaineCalm I'm trying to see the positive side of things. Why you tryna ruin it mAh dood? 😂😂😂

I popped in there earlier to see if the puppet show was in there and I didn't see anything bad so I'm curious if I just missed it.
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    GAY3XDa.gif

Says the secret TSwift fan.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    GAY3XDa.gif

Says the secret TSwift fan.