WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    The Government has just announced advice that the over 70s and those in poor health should not go on cruises.
    :D:D:D
    Hoping for a phone call and maybe a good offer.

Allie - Get some advice. Sounds like a lot of money. :*

Katla - glad you are feeling more like your old self. Bad DH. Naughty boy. I was watching a programme yesterday and the diabetic guy said he has breakfast just before he goes to bed.

My difficult friend is not going to the restaurant we had booked. ;)

The COBRA meeting was very helpful to us. Awaiting results from Saga. I watched the announcement live. With bated breath.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    JanetO: If world health worries resolve in time, fall in the Pacific NW can be gorgeous and is often a better choice than spring. This year fall and winter have been warmer and dryer than usual here in the Pacific NW. I hope that carries to the time you are able to come to WA State and feel safe about it. I am not planning to fly any where until this world health crisis is over. :noway:

This March will be 50th wedding anniversary. We hope to have our children and grandchildren come and visit the site where we were married. The actual wedding occurred in March, but our current plan is to have the celebration this summer and celebrate family birthdays at the same time. We will have to work around the world health crisis. I don’t want any of my kids exposed to the virus. We can schedule the celebration when air travel is safe, even if our 50th anniversary celebration turns into a 51st celebration.

Katla
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'm having a bit a bit of panic..so I spoke to the tax preparer and was in for a bit of a shock.. I pay quarterly to the state and IRS because I get alimony.. I am working part time and somehow when my boss took over they messed up the w4 and didnt withdraw enough. So on top of the quarterly payments I owe 2300.00 that's rediculous...ugh no my stomach is churning

That happened with my subbing too. They changed the withholding amounts this year so your part time work might have been under the theshold for withholding and/ or the government reduced the amount to withhold. I think they did this on purpose hoping we would go out and spend more.

We are more than likely going to owe taxes too this year. I agree contact IRS and set up a payment schedule.

It does sound like there might will be breathing room this year in that they will delay filing. Have your tax preparer go over what you think you will need to pay next year. I know they expect timely payments. One year we had a windfall late in the year. I tried to pay more taxes to cover it. The still charged us a penalty because we paid the extra late in the year. We missed the cyrstal ball that year. We were also late with one of payments this year and will more than likely have a penalty for that.

In future check your pay stubs. It will say on the stubs how much they take out for taxes. If none or not enough is taken out adust your quarterly payments. You could also adjust how much is taken out with a W4 form.

Sorry this happened to you.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Allie – so sorry you owe that money. I bet you can get a payment schedule

Katla – very congratulations. Not many couples make it to 50 today, so you and your hubby are to be commended

Michele NC
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Karen in Va-just checking in on you.My hubby and son say they’re shutting a lot of places down in Richmond.
    My sources have let me know that sams,Costco Walmart food lion and almost all local dollar stores are out of toilet paper,bleach,alcohol,witch hazel,hand sanitizer,and most peroxide.🤦‍♀️If it comes,it comes.Commomn sense is most key.
    Debby in Va
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Hubby worried now his job cannot be done from home (Construction). Weight of the world on his shoulders so Didnt say anything when he turned the nice healthy meal down for cake instead.

JR chose to wear underwear 🩲 after 2 accidents wanted the diaper. (2 diapers saved today!) so far saved (7 diapers total). Found cloth diaper inserts for his underwear 🩲 with built in rubber liners inside. Even if the Coronovirus subsides this spring I still need to potty 🚽 train either way. If it doesn’t will be glad to have these. Hoping they arrive ! Not a time for a lost package 📦 or a seller who wants the money but not to send anything. Will be watching the mail for them!
    JR uses 7 diapers a day a box lasts 12days sz6. So 7 diapers is a days worth saved!

Amber Tx

Played outside in backyard, bone broth soup 🥣 with steak sandwich 🥪 yummy.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options

Karen: Fabulous before and after pictures! Congratulations! <3

Tere in RVA

>>>

Tere in RVA

Those photos were of Mary, not me. :) I reposted them from her success thread.

Karen in Virginia
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Karen in Va-we’re good.We have heard there’s confirmed cases in Williamsburg as well as Yorktown. But I think we’ll be fine as I hope y’all will be too.
    Debby in Va
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Wash your tablets and cell phones often.

All schools closing in Ohio starting Monday until at least April 3. No large gatherings with a few exceptions. Suppose to go to banquets next two weekends. Guess we are wait and see. Craziness.......Feel badly for families with young kids.

Funeral to go to tomorrow night. It is a stop and go as we know the son but didn't know the deceased. Then will stop at store for a few things.

Tired tonight. SIL actually stayed at shop until 3 and helped me out. Husband actually did dishes for me tonight. I am heading to bed. Throat hurts bad today. Btw- it and my mouth have been sore since December.

Hugs!
    Love!
    Stay safe!
    😚
    Kylia in crazy Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options