Coronavirus prep

Replies

• RCPV
    RCPV Posts: 342 Member
    FYI: Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/who-china-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    puffbrat wrote: »
    The State of New Mexico just issued a statement prohibiting gatherings of more than 100 people.

Does that mean all the Walmart, Costco, sams, pizza huts, etc will have to close? Or limit customers?

Here is their definition: "Mass gathering" means any public or private gathering that brings together one hundred (100) or more individuals in a single room or connected space in close proximity to one another, such as an auditorium, stadium, arena, large conference room, meeting hall, theaters, or any other confined indoor or outdoor space, but does not include normal operations at airports, on other forms of transit, shopping malls, or other spaces where 100 or more individuals may be in transit. "Mass gathering" does not include family gatherings such as weddings or funerals, shelters, retail stores or grocery stores, typical office environments, businesses, courthouses, restaurants and bars, correctional and detention facilities, schools and educational institutions, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and other health care and congregate care facilities, and places of worship operating during "normal business hours."

So no, it's basically just targeting special events. But I wonder if that will change.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    I just had a play that I was supposed to go to get cancelled. The Chicago Symphony hasn't cancelled yet, but I suspect that will be next.
  • cosmiqrecovery
    cosmiqrecovery Posts: 171 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I just had a play that I was supposed to go to get cancelled. The Chicago Symphony hasn't cancelled yet, but I suspect that will be next.

i'm sitting here waiting for the ax to drop on the mcr reunion tour even if it's six months from now. sure as *kitten* hope this mess doesn't go on that long.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    So over the top.... nobody talks that the situation is under control in China? Numbers of cases stabilized .... 3 weeks ago.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

_111237623_coronavirus_chart_12mar-nc.png

Winter is phasing out. So much drama for so little, on a global perspective.

*Great time to buy stock or funds.*
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    The State of New Mexico just issued a statement prohibiting gatherings of more than 100 people.

Does that mean all the Walmart, Costco, sams, pizza huts, etc will have to close? Or limit customers?

Here is their definition: "Mass gathering" means any public or private gathering that brings together one hundred (100) or more individuals in a single room or connected space in close proximity to one another, such as an auditorium, stadium, arena, large conference room, meeting hall, theaters, or any other confined indoor or outdoor space, but does not include normal operations at airports, on other forms of transit, shopping malls, or other spaces where 100 or more individuals may be in transit. "Mass gathering" does not include family gatherings such as weddings or funerals, shelters, retail stores or grocery stores, typical office environments, businesses, courthouses, restaurants and bars, correctional and detention facilities, schools and educational institutions, hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, and other health care and congregate care facilities, and places of worship operating during "normal business hours."

So no, it's basically just targeting special events. But I wonder if that will change.

It will--logic.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »

That was interesting. Still didn't answer the question of why toilet paper. This is not a new thing as those of us who live in the frozen north know well.

I just figure it's one of those things that separates us from the animals. :D I think somebody else mentioned that early on in the thread... it's the mark of civilized society. ;)
    Where do bidets fall on the civilisation continuum? I'm thinking bidet > toilet paper > newspaper > corncobs (but really, isn't anything beyond poison oak/ivy/sumac greater than a corncob??)

I want the things they have at the hospital for after you give birth (water wands?)! Is that similar to how a bidet works?

Corncobs baffle me... who first looked at those and thought, "You know what that would be good for?" :D
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Our governor just announced that public events with more than 1,000 people, including all major sporting events, have been cancelled through May 1, and he also urged organizers to call off private and public gatherings of more than 250 people.

As noted above, this seemed to be happening already.