Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Kiwibowler
    Kiwibowler Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well we are the first country to implement 14 days quarantine for everyone entering.
    6 cases to date. Lots of encouragement of social distancing and govt likely to make it easier to get sick leave for people self isolating because of others in the household.
    Will be interesting to see if I'm working from home or if I'm seconded onto another team.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Tell us all about what exercise activities you've been doing lately!! :)

Saturday -- Bit of activity! Zwifting!

Distance: 18.39 km
    Elevation: 247 m 
    Moving Time: 58:19
    Elapsed Time: 58:19 

Speed: Avg: 18.9km/h | Max: 57.6km/h
    Heart Rate: Avg: 127bpm | Max: 145bpm
    Cadence: Avg: 75 | Max: 105
    Power: Avg: 89W | Max: 176W
    Calories: 296
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    fnk4csfwulu4.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Today has just started for me. 😂
    Exercise yesterday? HIIT for arms/core/cardio + 1hour walk with DH. 11425 steps on Fitbit
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday,
    Cold in Ohio today.
    Trying not to stress about our business and our health. No snow winter, state of economy, events cancelled, we are really much slower than we should be at this calendar time. BREATHE! I can't change the situation, but can change my view. My son in law told my grands that they needed to think of a couple of goals they wanted to accomplish while on extended spring break. Great idea! I need to try that for home and work.

Our banquets for the next two weekends have been postponed. We have friends that are still planning on coming into town to spend time with us this evening/weekend. They have a teen daughter, so my oldest granddaughter will be with us also. We will either do tacos at home or go get something to eat. Our church is also closed so viewing services on line. Our libraries are closed. Thankful to live in this age of internet access to just about anything we want/need.

No exercise yesterday. Work, viewing, dinner with friends after the viewing. Had wanted to stop at store, but was 9 pm when we got close to home. Husband said we would do today after work before friends. BREATHE!

We ARE strong and adaptable women. We have each other's backs. Need to get my day going.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio washing hands and doorknobs

• Kiwibowler
    Kiwibowler Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Discovered that lawn bowls has a disappointing number of steps @120 per end. So most games include 18-21 ends.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    30 seconds of uplifting music to start your day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9woiHalYqU
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    DH will be busy this morning- helping me by cutting out cake decorations and covering a box with paper for her art supplies. :D

Just got to do my weights and I'm done for the day. No bonus exercise today as we will be at the party.

My daily exercise?

Rowing , elliptical, recumbent bike - total 536 calories. Plus yoga type strength training, plus weights 64 calories.
    So my morning equals 600 calories every day.
    Then my bonus calories vary, but can be a 5k run - 350. Or bonus rowing and biking - 300 + . Or walking - 200. Or walking to dancing plus dancing - 300.
    So usually I manage 900 or so a day. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Have kept busy making a couple baby things and exercising. In about 1 1/2 hrs. I will doing my first 1k (walking) because of back issues. I figure it sure take me 15 min. Then it's birthday time for Norah. She won't be 6 until the 29th but this was the only opening for a swim party. I've no idea what to expect. I've not been told anything.
    Not going to be as warm as Thur. (75) but is better than the 20's.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Marianne\WV
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Karen in VA: I was just having a lie in. 😂 I’ve been out shopping and walking. And now I’m twinkling with Mozart! 💫✨🌟 I Will get into the garden after lunch if the rain holds off.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Terri ~ You are such a talented person. You have graced us with your poetry and now your beautiful water color. :)

Tracy ~ Love your granddaughter's hair.

Karen VA ~ Glad to hear that your grandson had such productive day and bet that really relieved your mind.

KJ ~ Sounds like you are having a wonderful visit with your grands.

Lovely warm weather here in Georgia. Just waiting for the sun to appear! <3

Welcome and Happy Saturday to All!

Carol in GA

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA love the picture.

I am feeling much calmer because here in Minnesota our government is acting quickly and I feel we are doing as hard as it is what needs to be done.

I did cancel all my subbing jobs. I think it is moot because school will be cancelled at some point. I did push for it to immediately because if it is done now it would not need to be closed for so long. I walked my talk and wrote the governor. I did get a let's not panic letter back. I responded in my own words that panic is what I am trying to prevent.

What people have to understand school are not run like hotels where someone comes and does a deep clean every night. They vacuum the floors and maybe wipe out the sinks.

Unless the students or teacher wipes down the hard surfaces like desks it is not done daily. It might get done monthly. In some cases every few months. Some Kindergarten classes because they have snack might do it daily only on the tables where they eat.

The classrooms are not big enough for students to stay 6 feet away from each other.

I have seen when a student get sick the desks around that student start to be empty in the coming days.

I was brining in my own wipes and wiping things down, but that was not enough for my peace of mind.

Allie I hope my sharing this helps you understand why it was so important for you granddaughter to stay home. Thank you for taking care of her. Those of you with grandchildren that are stepping up to fill this void another big thank you!

:heart: Margaret