Options

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Stop & Shop has implemented early morning hours for people 60+:

Dear customers,

Now, more than ever, it's important we come together as a community to support each other during challenging times. Part of that is showing compassion and care for some of our neighbors who are most vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus. According to the CDC, that is members of the population who are age 60 and older.

To support this group, beginning Thursday, March 19th, all Stop & Shop stores will open earlier in order to service only customers who are age 60 and over from 6:00a.m.-7:30a.m. daily.

We're making the decision to offer this every day of the week to allow for community members in this age category to shop in a less crowded environment, which better enables social distancing. They’ll also be shopping prior to any other customers entering.

Beginning Thursday, people ages 60 and up can use a designated entrance, which will be marked at their local store, from 6:00a.m.-7:30a.m. Although we will not be requesting ID for entry, we ask that you please respect the purpose of the early opening – and do the right thing for your neighbors. Store associates do reserve the right to ask customers to leave if they are not a member of this age group.

As previously announced, most stores have adjusted their hours to 7:30a.m. to 8:00p.m. to enable our associates to spend more time unloading deliveries, stocking shelves – and to take some time for rest. Please note that our stores receive deliveries throughout the day, so our shelves will be replenished for shoppers at all hours. And, we have implemented added cleaning and sanitation efforts, which will continue throughout the day at all stores.

Our home delivery service will remain available to all customers as well. If you have a grandparent, parent, friend, or neighbor in this age group, remember you can place an order on their behalf with our new “Contact-Free” delivery option. With this service, we’ll notify you by text or email when the driver arrives, and they will simply leave the bags on the doorstep or building entry and return to their vehicle. We recognize there may be some delays with this service due to unprecedented demand, and we are continuing to work hard to meet your needs.

We hope you will join us in our efforts to care for the older members of our community at this time, and we are very grateful for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Gordon Reid

I grew up in Connecticut, my brother either at a Stop n Shop. I haven't seen one in ages.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Stop & Shop has implemented early morning hours for people 60+:

Dear customers,

Now, more than ever, it's important we come together as a community to support each other during challenging times. Part of that is showing compassion and care for some of our neighbors who are most vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus. According to the CDC, that is members of the population who are age 60 and older.

To support this group, beginning Thursday, March 19th, all Stop & Shop stores will open earlier in order to service only customers who are age 60 and over from 6:00a.m.-7:30a.m. daily.

We're making the decision to offer this every day of the week to allow for community members in this age category to shop in a less crowded environment, which better enables social distancing. They’ll also be shopping prior to any other customers entering.

Beginning Thursday, people ages 60 and up can use a designated entrance, which will be marked at their local store, from 6:00a.m.-7:30a.m. Although we will not be requesting ID for entry, we ask that you please respect the purpose of the early opening – and do the right thing for your neighbors. Store associates do reserve the right to ask customers to leave if they are not a member of this age group.

As previously announced, most stores have adjusted their hours to 7:30a.m. to 8:00p.m. to enable our associates to spend more time unloading deliveries, stocking shelves – and to take some time for rest. Please note that our stores receive deliveries throughout the day, so our shelves will be replenished for shoppers at all hours. And, we have implemented added cleaning and sanitation efforts, which will continue throughout the day at all stores.

Our home delivery service will remain available to all customers as well. If you have a grandparent, parent, friend, or neighbor in this age group, remember you can place an order on their behalf with our new “Contact-Free” delivery option. With this service, we’ll notify you by text or email when the driver arrives, and they will simply leave the bags on the doorstep or building entry and return to their vehicle. We recognize there may be some delays with this service due to unprecedented demand, and we are continuing to work hard to meet your needs.

We hope you will join us in our efforts to care for the older members of our community at this time, and we are very grateful for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Gordon Reid

Woolworths in Australia starting to implement this today. Time will tell how well it works. I do think there will be some seniors out there that abuse this system and do even more stockpiling than they already are but it will be of great assistance to those that have really been struggling in recent weeks.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I am not understanding all of those that're supposedly taken this seriously, yet plan to and/or already're doing outdoor activities. If we were to pass by each other upon a hiking trail, it's like passing by each other anywhere else needlessly. Actually it'd most likely be worse, due to our heavy breathing via exercise exertion. Than just casually walking via 1 room to another within a climate controlled environment, where our breathing intensity'd remain normal.

You need to keep a 4 ft--1 meter distance. Zigzag if you meet someone.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Walmart isn't delivering or allowing any advance choice, of future delivery dates & my local grocery store's time slots're sold out, through March 22nd.

@DecadeDuchess I placed an order today and there wasn't any information about this, it was Walmart.com not the grocery though. Is it the same with Walmart.com? I have some stuff like cat litter I'll really need next week so if it's true for walmart.com then I'll need to brave the stores.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Walmart isn't delivering or allowing any advance choice, of future delivery dates & my local grocery store's time slots're sold out, through March 22nd.

@DecadeDuchess I placed an order today and there wasn't any information about this, it was Walmart.com not the grocery though. Is it the same with Walmart.com? I have some stuff like cat litter I'll really need next week so if it's true for walmart.com then I'll need to brave the stores.

I ordered some quarantine(and regular day-to-day) chocolates on Amazon. Prime delivery should have been yesterday, but due to the intense overload of orders, the earliest I can get my order will be Thursday. I'm not worried, but it just shows how much of an overload the "system" is having due to grocery stores selling out of certain things, or people fearing going out.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »

I ordered some quarantine(and regular day-to-day) chocolates on Amazon. Prime delivery should have been yesterday, but due to the intense overload of orders, the earliest I can get my order will be Thursday. I'm not worried, but it just shows how much of an overload the "system" is having due to grocery stores selling out of certain things, or people fearing going out.

Shoot. I ordered cat food on Sunday from Amazon since there was none available here. It said at the time it was in stock and would be here Prime aka Tuesday, but now it says it hasn’t even shipped yet and will be here Thursday. It also says it’s sold out and will be available in one to two days if you go to buy it. I wonder if it exists or if I just won’t get it.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    It should have been fairly obvious that collection and delivery services for grocery stores would be in hot demand. Just one of the reasons why people in this thread have been saying for the past two weeks that ensuring you have at least two weeks' food supply is a sensible thing to do (if you are able to do that financially, etc). Because yeah, you're probably not going to get same or even next day delivery at this point.

It beggars belief that some people still seem to have been taken by surprise.

If you're running low on food and unable or unwilling to go to the supermarket, put an order in. Now.

I am all set for self-isolation except for not having fresh fruit and vegetables for a period of time will be hard, especially when I eat around 10 serves of the stuff a day.

Yup. I haven't solved how to get around that (other than food delivery) yet if the need arises. Though, in my little town, going to the supermarket at 9.30 in the evening pretty much guarantees you have the place to yourself. Use self checkout, contactless payment (though emails from both supermarkets today say they are putting more sanitiser wipes and gel around the stores). Done.