Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Sun is out for first time in week and I will go walking with neighbor - keeping our distance. Otherwise I am unmotivated to go.

Good info Lynn. With everyone home more people are out with their dogs and my dog gets huffy so I picked her up and we came home.

Maureen, can you get extra walking in around the house if it is too cold outside?

LV drive thru strip clubs? Wow that is pretty creative. Bizarre but creative.

Stay warm and try and keep sane.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 602 Member
    Dog park went well. About 1/2 way through, a downpour started. So they got washed pretty clean b/c we stuck to the road-like part and there was not a lot of mud. Before that was a complete nightmare of mud. So now I have two "wet dog smell" dogs drying out in my "indoor kennel run" which is the space down one stair to landing, then next flight down. Skye is not appreciating this part but I'm pretty inured to the pouting of dogs and children.

We got soaked and I got in 2.6 miles of jogging/walking, and feel better physically and emotionally. But I always do after exercise. My house is so out-of-control messy *and* dirty b/c the cleaning lady didn't come last week and decided to sit out the self-quarantine. All the extra stuff, my college son home, everyone here for all 3 meals everyday. I have cabin fever already.

Looking at it from a positive perspective, I have a lot of projects I can do. I was just able to volunteer to provide emergency childcare for HCWs who need it, too. I hope someone picks me; I really want to contribute.

All the best to you all today.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member

Peep.

I'll try to stop by again soon to read .....

Hugs,
    Lana

254.0 on the Las Vegas scale
  • mkculs13
    @LanaCabana537 Thinking of you and hoping it is going ok. Stay healthy.

• mkculs13
    @Tilliesmommy1 It's not too cold; it's just not enticing. And that's not really a reason to stay in, because it's "not enticing" a fair part of the year here. I'm chipping away at tasks every time I get up from my chair (and I get up a lot), and I'm going to create a schedule for myself, too. Beginning to look at some online resources to use. I'll get materials to make a nice binder after this is all over, if the online versions don't appeal to me.

Thank you for thinking of me. And I do have a lot of stairs, so I should make better use of them now that you mention indoor walking. My knees are a bit fragile, but I can still jog so I can probably do more stairs than I think. It will be a resource for some of those -40 F days we get occasionally. That IS too cold. Fortunately, it's also extremely rare--a few days every 4 years or so.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Hi y’all. Just as things were starting to clip along at a good pace. Ugh 😩 So much has radically changed for so many in just the last week or less.

Not doing too well on my journey to wellness, but at least I am not gaining weight.

The weather is very nice, here. Actually, it’s already in the classification of “too hot and humid” for me.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    Runa in Tulsa, OK
  • LanaCabana537
    qhmdrgnclvp3.png

dz2q4l3zbflz.png

Sara -
    Thank you for these photos!
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    another reminder of my sweet girl it is couple years old, but what a great picture, I was shocked they got that bow on her.....

Sara that is the sweetest photo of Miss Tillie! Absolutely adorable! I am glad that you posted it~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    I imagine we will ALL feel bad if someone we know suffers and we were near them. My sister is a nurse practitioner and also sees our 90 year old mom a lot. Someone gave Mom walking pneumonia a few weeks back. Mom is fine now, but we all know it could kill her. And it's never known who might have been the culprit. But my mom decides what risks she wants to take, and we abide by her decisions. We used to have to make sure it is what she wants to do, and not what she felt she "needs" to do or does b/c she thinks someone will be disappointed if she doesn't. She has gotten much better about only doing what she really wants to do, and we are ok with that. It wouldn't be fair to deny her the life she wants when we know she understands the risks. So, don't feel guilty ever if someone gets ill. You can never even be sure it was carried by you (or whomever) in the first place.

I hope all are doing well as this time passes.
    Cheers, Maureen

Maureen I want to applaud what you wrote above. Very wise words.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Lynn - I am so pleased that the wedding went perfectly! Now you can relax on that subject.
    Sorry to hear that work is stressful. I forgot what you do?

Las Vegas seems to be under tighter controls and have more closings than other parts of the country. I haven't listened to too much news because I just can't.
    If everything were completely normal, I think I will be here another week and a half. There is so much bookkeeping to do, and DH and I have never done this, so we will be stumbling a lot and fighting with the computers/spread sheets that he is making.
    So I'm here at least until April Fool's Day.

This is not a happy place for me, but I am surviving, without over-eating, so far.

Turns out DH does have a working digital scale. I brought my composition book journal to write my food every day, but I'm not counting calories (yet).

Lana

255.3 today
    254.0 yesterday
    258.8 highest

• Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good afternoon.

Spent the last 3 or more hours dealing with pharmacy for dogs meds, Supermarkets, bank, and getting lunch to go.

Did this so I dont have anything I must do over the weekend.

Bank teller had the nerve to tell me why I didnt use the ATM - I told her it ate my card last time. Duh!!

My favorite eatery is selling eggs, milk,bread, meat and TP - ask at yours to see if they are as well. Less crowds, might be a little more expensive but what is the price of stress and anxiety??

I will be home for most of day - junk food city here. No pictures, but just is.

Hang in there and I hope to stop by again before lights out.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Early but hard to go back to sleep. Miss T is snoring so I did not waken her.

Lana - I am glad you are not in NYC at the moment. Keep trucking through the paperwork.

Today is dog groomer - her nails are getting a bit long.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • mkculs13
    Happy March 21. Sun shining and we have 22F this morning. Supposed to be up to 35 by 3 pm, but I can't wait for that. Gotta get some exercise in early so I don't lose the incentive.

I was about to tell someone I've been self-quarantined for a week, and then I realized I've been in 2 stores and twice went into Smoothie King to get smoothies. All on different days. I know my contact was limited in those times--kept 6 feet apart and didn't touch anything I can recall (and I was being careful at the time, too) other than taking my smoothies, but even that is exposure b/c the kids working have been taking money from strangers all day. Oops. Guess I either need to make my own smoothies or start wearing gloves (the leather kind, not the medical). On the other hand, I know exactly where I've been and compared to usual, I've greatly reduced my outings--going that final step and stopping completely (except for outdoor exercise) will be this week's challenge.

@Lana, thanks. Putting things in perspective really helps me. I hope you are finding ways to manage your time in LV without going nuts.

I'm now showing 3 lbs down in 3 weeks. The past week hasn't been great--naps are interfering with going to bed early to avoid late night snacking. So far, haven't gone above maintenance, but haven't had much in the way of deficits, either. I need more physical activity inside, too. There is so much that needs to be done in this damn house and yet I just ignore it. I keep saying I'll make a schedule and stick to it. But I haven't even made the schedule. I know I'm overwhelmed--but I also know that when overwhelmed, I should not worry about "where to start," and just jump in.

I'm still looking looking for help with self-motivation for getting my butt off social media. It's such a huge time waster and my back hurts. I'm getting too old and still too heavy to spend so much time sitting. Help!

Hoping to find some inspiration today, somewhere. And hoping you all have a good day yourselves.
    Cheers,
    Maureen.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 2020
    Good morning All~~

Sara - I cannot believe that the bank teller was so rude! That is terrible.
    I'm glad that you got your errands done and can have calm on your weekend.

Maureen - what state do you live in that it is so cold?
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I can feel your angst about making a list and sticking to it: I try that from time to time, and it just never works for me. I live alone, so there is no one right there on site to cheer me on to stick to my schedule.

Speaking of schedule, I really should be sitting down and meditating every morning. I'd better get to it.
    BBL

Waving to Dawn and Kathryn and Lynn and Holly and Tracy and Missy and Runa and Meghan and Saltine and Tracey and (who am I forgetting?) and anyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

252.0 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • mkculs13
    Lana, I'm in Wisconsin. 22 for a March morning didn't seem so bad. I was at the Dog Park at about 9; it was 27. No wind, so I warmed up with activity. Ran this afternoon--it was when I headed out and after the first mile, I had to take off my sweatshirt. I was wearing a long sleeved, loose-fitting under armour type shirt. Long sweatpants, mid-weight. It felt good the rest of the way.

I fell in love with Chapel Hill on April 1, 1977, when I visited for the first time as I was choosing a college. So gorgeous in the SE this time of year--not so much up here.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    2rpf4dchcdnl.png
  • mkculs13
    Sara, that made me laugh out loud. I'm just up, drinking my coffee. I want to get out the door a bit earlier today to see if the DP will be less crowded. It is pretty big so it doesn't matter that much, but I enjoy having solitude when wandering and if going earlier gives me more of it, then I can get up earlier.

How is everyone doing? I had a craving for a sandwich yesterday after my jog, so I made one and it was very satisfying. I tend to get sandwich cravings when eating healthier b/c I don't plan them into my calorie budget; bread tends to be high cal compared to other things. And I have learned I won't be satisfied with "light" bread or thin bread; I need the real deal. Now that I'm reminding myself of this fact, I'm thinking I should start planning them in on days I jog, when I have a few extra calories to work with. Duh.

Wishing all a good day.
    Cheers,
    Maureen
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dog let me sleep in a little. She is all taken care of.

I saw that meme in the coronavirus memes and could not resist.

Just had a back spasm, I can walk so I will walk back to bed and use heating pad.

Wishing all a great day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Update, had lunch took short walk, will watch Church on youtube.
    Will be careful with back. I can walk short walks and get some fresh air.
  • mkculs13
    Sara, is your back a chronic issue? I believe I have missed something. I hope you are well on the mend.

Lana, how goes the situation in LV?

I've been up since about 5:45. I was trying to go back to sleep when I heard the puppy bark--her sign she needs to go out. How did she know I was awake? I suspect she heard the cats moving around in my room. They notice when my breathing changes after I wake up and come a' callin'. I feel like I didn't sleep well, though. I have a Zoom meeting from 9-10:30 and plan to go back for a nap and start the day over after that. I am lucky I can do that.

How is everyone handling the shelter in place/stay home if you can conditions in your area? Anyone out there live somewhere none of this has yet taken affect?

So far, I've been at or under maintenance; mostly at or under goal. Not making any predictions about whether or not that will last. I feel good about my eating habits, although I've noticed my "snack" total cals are often at or over my meal total cals. I know that's because I am quite certain I'm going to over-eat in the evening, even if I've eaten well during the day, so I make meals less calorie dense. Yes, I know I could try to change that--but my history says it won't work, so for now, I'm just going to live with it. I'd probably do better if I got going a lot earlier in the morning and went to bed earlier. I keep thinking how much I would love to get back to being a real morning person--out to see the sunrise, getting exercise early. Right now I could do that but I am always worried that I won't be able to make it through my work day without getting exhausted. And even as I write that sentence, I'm thinking, "So what if I get exhausted by the end of the day? I can go to bed if I've already had good exercise and so have the dogs." Hmm. I guess I really need to give the early rising a go, especially while I can still nap to adapt.

Alrighty, enough about me. Hoping to hear others are doing well.
    Cheers,
    Maureen