How Has the Coronavirus Affected You?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    the governor of NYS has said that business closures and stay at home orders could last nine months but don’t worry pharmacies and grocery stores will stay open. Well *kitten*. How are we going to pay for anything at the pharmacy and grocery store? And when my mental health deteriorates because even introverts need social interaction not to mention *kitten* then what?
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/yorks-governor-just-warned-coronavirus-184000856.html

Hi !
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    the governor of NYS has said that business closures and stay at home orders could last nine months but don’t worry pharmacies and grocery stores will stay open. Well *kitten*. How are we going to pay for anything at the pharmacy and grocery store? And when my mental health deteriorates because even introverts need social interaction not to mention *kitten* then what?
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/yorks-governor-just-warned-coronavirus-184000856.html

Even China only did 2 months, that seems extremely long 😳
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Yet another species affected: Been looking at a horse for a couple weeks and we were able to still finalize the sale and pick her up yesterday. Old owner was relieved since her husband just got laid off and her hours were getting cut drastically. I don't want to look at the sale sights and see all the people being forced to sell their horse right now due to the financial impact. I really hope the horse community tries to come together and help each other out and we don't see a big spike in neglect cases, they aren't cheap animals to take care of.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Even China only did 2 months, that seems extremely long 😳

There's already a lot of speculation going on. CA governor left it open ended when he issued the "Stay at Home" order. And, the fact that a lot of schools in the US have basically cancelled the remainder of the 2019/2020 school year is causing a lot of problems for parents.

If one wants to, they can dig out their tinfoil hat and speculate as much as they want. But, the truth is no one really knows WTF it is they're doing and how to address this issue. I was in a meeting yesterday related to COVID-19 that was interesting to say the least. Good info, and nothing earth shattering. But, it really reinforced the idea that no one has a solid answer to anything. Even the 6ft/2m distance thing was asked about because it is scenario dependent when it comes to things such as travel speed (walking, running, bicycling) as well as wind.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Our province is now in state of emergency. Everything is closed except the liquor store, cannabis store,grocery stores and car repair garages?!! They said this social distancing will likely be a few months. My anxiety is making me sick while I'm at home waiting to get news from my doctors but all the offices are closed. I need surgery as I've just finished 6 months of chemo for stage 3 cancer. I wish everyone could just stay the *kitten* home and think of others so we can have our lives back.

Hope you find something out soon on it, T. People acting this way only adds to the stress. 😞

Hugs to you and your family. Hang in there. 💛
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Yet another species affected: Been looking at a horse for a couple weeks and we were able to still finalize the sale and pick her up yesterday. Old owner was relieved since her husband just got laid off and her hours were getting cut drastically. I don't want to look at the sale sights and see all the people being forced to sell their horse right now due to the financial impact. I really hope the horse community tries to come together and help each other out and we don't see a big spike in neglect cases, they aren't cheap animals to take care of.
    It’s difficult. A friend gives lessons and boards and she’s had to canceled all lessons and tell owners not to visit. And still find the funds to care for these animals she loves.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'm actually wondering if I had the virus last month...this German backpacker girl coughed on me. I was very congested...I was basically stuck in bed two days at one stage with a fever.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm actually wondering if I had the virus a couple months ago...this German backpacker girl coughed on me. I was very congested...I was basically stuck in bed two days at one stage with a fever.

I've been wondering if I had it back in January, I was admitted in the hospital with fever and i had all the symptoms now that I think of it.. I had this 'cold' for 9 weeks!
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    It’s difficult. A friend gives lessons and boards and she’s had to canceled all lessons and tell owners not to visit. And still find the funds to care for these animals she loves.

Out of curiosity, is she asking owners not to visit so people don't spread the virus to each other or can humans infect animals? Are there any animals with CV?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Out of curiosity, is she asking owners not to visit so people don't spread the virus to each other or can humans infect animals? Are there any animals with CV?

It’s about human to human spread and it’s mandated by the state.
    akuno9zw397k.jpeg
    Eta: there is some sketchy info about covid-19 in dogs. Very unclear
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    03/22/2020 - went in search of the ever elusive chicken yet again. Came home disappointed as nowhere in this city of hundreds of thousands of people has chicken on its shelf.

Apparently, the South runs on chicken and toilet paper. Who knew?
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    03/22/2020 - went in search of the ever elusive chicken yet again. Came home disappointed as nowhere in this city of hundreds of thousands of people has chicken on its shelf.

What is in your stores? Were all fresh meat products gone? Any produce?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

What is in your stores? Were all fresh meat products gone? Any produce?

No paper products, hardly any hygiene or cleaning products (except tampons), no chicken, no ground beef or cheaper meats, no catfish (boo), no bread, hardly ANY frozen foods, most of the dairy, eggs and sliced meats are gone. So are tortillas. Hot dogs and sausage are in short supply. Most of the boxed meals, pasta, sauces, canned veggies and soups and other basics to make meals are also gone or nearly gone, despite stores here trying to restock.

Fresh produce is still around (so I bought what I thought I would use for a week), but all the frozen and canned produce is GONE.

This has gotten ridiculous.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

It’s about human to human spread and it’s mandated by the state.
    akuno9zw397k.jpeg
    Eta: there is some sketchy info about covid-19 in dogs. Very unclear

The meeting I was in yesterday stated that at this point dogs, and other animals, don't appear to contract the virus. However, they may be carriers of it. Dogs have shown to have the virus in their noses, and if they sneeze, could spread it to humans. It was highly suggested that pet owners, dog owners in particular, do not allow their animals to wander or come in proximity to other people. The physical distance rules should apply to them as well.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    No meats ,fresh veggies,face masks,gloves, clothes (for some odd reason they bought Samsclub out of clothes), no canned foods to TV dinners,no milks or eggs.Bare shelves got to look for what they got in managed to stock up at all.

It’s searching grabbing that 1 item you see random not what you want but it’s good grab it even if covered in filth or box is open. Hubby found some cinnamon buns at a convenient store for the baby 👶 so he won big this outing! He managed to find a soy milk y egg substitute. I ordered spaghetti sauce online it finally made it. Anything else I ordered on back order.