April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I just got word that my May races were cancelled, and right now my husband and I are limited to running in our own neighborhood which means no speedwork (sidewalks are bad) and limited trails. So my goal for April is just to keep running and to treat every running day as a gift. Hoping to make 50 miles with stretch goal of 60.

I’m thinking we may run a virtual 5k sometime this month. Not sure where though, since we can’t really push our pace here. It may end up being a really slow race.

Yeah right now I am taking the stance that I will not look at any race before AUGUST. Good news is that is when my 50k is so there is a chance for it at least.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Leezy55 wrote: »
    I'm in for 60!

Yay!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Thanks @Elise4270 !
    I'm not going to put a number down. I've started a training plan for the 10k race I supposedly have on May 10th (though I expect it will be cancelled) on the Hal Higdon app, and I can't actually see further than a week or so ahead. With being locked indoors, just running 4 times a week is enough of a goal for me for now.

Argh! Isn't that frustrating? I usually like to have the whole training plan typed into my Google calender so I can plan and shift if I need to. And because I've been going faster then the scheduled pace, I've been marked down in my score. I'm currently being rated a "C", "so far, your overall discipline has been below average."

The app gives you a score? Ugh. That would annoy me. Bad enough I can run 15 miles two days in a row back to back and have Garmin tell me I am being "unproductive"
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I'm in. I will have to look and see what my plan is for April.

Go for 444 miles since it is the 4th month! :D
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    Hi first time joining in, will start with 50 miles

Welcome!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I'm in. I will have to look and see what my plan is for April.

Go for 444 miles since it is the 4th month! :D

🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I did fairly well this last month with 40 miles, so I think I'm gonna aim for 50 miles :) I am definitely joining another RunBet. Thank you to whoever mentioned it on the previous thread... you sparked my curiosity and I looked it up and it's kept me sooooo much more accountable.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Monthly question?

What’s the first thing you are going to do when all this over (assume it will be over eventually).
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Thanks @Elise4270 !
    I'm not going to put a number down. I've started a training plan for the 10k race I supposedly have on May 10th (though I expect it will be cancelled) on the Hal Higdon app, and I can't actually see further than a week or so ahead. With being locked indoors, just running 4 times a week is enough of a goal for me for now.

Argh! Isn't that frustrating? I usually like to have the whole training plan typed into my Google calender so I can plan and shift if I need to. And because I've been going faster then the scheduled pace, I've been marked down in my score. I'm currently being rated a "C", "so far, your overall discipline has been below average."

@dreamer12151 if it's the Run with Hal mobile app you're using, I just discovered (bored, fiddling with it) that if you press the pink down arrow underneath the days of the week near the top it opens up a calendar and you can see the distances on it!

So having said that, I added my numbers up and it came to 144km for April.

That's handy!
    I'm 149.5 so going to have to add 0.5k somewhere to make that an even 150.

And OMG ill be 1.2k shy of HM distance at the end of April lol. Have a long run of 20k! And that's just a training run!

Haurumph! Guess the app likes you, @eleanorhawkins and @Avidkeo! Mine has the days circled, but only the next week of workouts spelled out. I thought at one point I could see them, but nothing now. It says the workout will likely change and I can only see them once I'm 10 days away from the scheduled run?

And @PastorVincent Ya, it does give a "Compliance Grade" score, but I don't really put too much stock in it. Like you said, I get judged by my Garmin way too much already.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,982 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Monthly question?

What’s the first thing you are going to do when all this over (assume it will be over eventually).

For me it will probably be throwing a big family gathering to welcome my son home from Japan. We were supposed to be doing that today., but instead we are all staying home.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    And @PastorVincent Ya, it does give a "Compliance Grade" score, but I don't really put too much stock in it. Like you said, I get judged by my Garmin way too much already.

Garmin is VERY judgy. :neutral:
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Monthly question?

Go out for our 10 year wedding anniversary (3rd April) and Have a birthday party for my eldest who turns 6 on the 22nd April.

I'm still hopeful my marathon on the 5th July is still on...
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    My goal for April is 130 running miles.
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ummmm .... I’m going to try again for the 50 mile club. I’m also going to try and get lifting and ROMWOD accomplished more often than once a week. We will see how any of this goes.