8/31 20 stairs / 20 tricep dips
    9/1 204 stairs / 20 tricep dips
    9/2
    9/3
    9/4

Totals:
    274 stairs
    90 tricep dips

Today I got on the stair machine at the gym. It's kind of awkward; but, I got through it. Looks like I'll just keep with my step. In OK, there aren't many building with stairs and I live in a ranch styled house. Oh well, I'm definitely getting in more stairs than I normally would and it's good to work some different muscles.
  • cdomoe
    cdomoe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hey team so i havent posted in a few days due to internet issues. here are my totals for the week thus far:

monday: 491 steps / 50 dips

tuesday: 760 steps / 20 dips
    (this is the day i add stairs when i did my regular run by just running up every flight i saw on base)

wednesday: 45 steps / 0 dips
    (so i switched from a night **** to a day shift in 24 hrs so my "wednesday" was just staying up an extra 12 hrs after i got off, i was to tired to get another workout in)

thursday: 276 steps / 20 dips

so far for friday: 1050 steps
    (i finally realized i couldnt get all the stairs without the stair master in the gym, when i couldnt sleep this morning went to the gym. more to come as its only 830 in the morning here.)

totals: 2622 stairs / 90 dips

as for my tool, im going to go with something i was told by a friend a while back when i first started really getting in shape. she said that this is a life style change not a quick fix. you dont need to cut out every bad food for a few months, learn to eat healthy. so if you are craving chocolate than have a piece of chocolate. it wont kill you. your body will learn to crave this things less and when its only once a week or so than just feeding the craving will keep you from bingeing on bad foods later. help me a lot and i realized that one heresy bar one or twice a month wont be the end of the world.
  • xcountryguy
    xcountryguy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted this week yet. Along with starting school I caught a cold so my workout schedule has gone out the window. Tell you what I have done, though

Monday: 50 stairs
    Tuesday: 350 stairs/20 dips
    Wednesday: 75 stairs
    Thursday: 50 stairs

Total so far: 525 stairs/20 dips

Sorry my percentages are so low. My chest is still really congested and I'm heading out for the weekend and there actually won't be many stairs around.

My weapon is optimism. Take a look at successes and hard work at face value. Only lose 1 pound instead of 2? Still a loss and it's more than you would have lost if you didn't try. Still watching calories and still working hard. That means you're sticking to the plan so keep going.

Also, I do have a large fake sword collection if anyone wanted a picture of that :p
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Progress:

Friday
    400 steps
    26 dips

Total thus far:
    Dips 138
    Steps 1676
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Progress so far:

Monday: 1152 stairs, 30 tricep dips
    Tuesday: 1008 stairs, 30 tricep dips
    Wednesday: 0 stairs, 30 tricep dips
    Thursday: 1056 stairs, 30 tricep dips
    Friday: 1600 stairs, 30 tricep dips

Totals: 4816 stairs, 150 tricep dips

My little guy finds it entertaining to watch me exercise. Today he did 10 of the tricep dips with me :)
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Sorry to have been so quiet team, lost power Sunday due to Irene and just got it back this afternoon. I've hit up the Stairmaster at the gym and got in an 1602 steps yesterday and 1200 today. No dips yet but I'll get 'em knocked out by Sunday. Keep it up!
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Messed up my achilles tendon today. Not sure I will be able to do anymore steps or dips. I am posting my week totals but if I can do more I will post Sunday along with my weight.

Steps 100
    Dips 100

What is the link for the challenge picture that is in the signature?
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're injured, hope it gets better soon! I've sent you a PM with the challenge pic link.

BTW all, I just thought of my personal weapon: CONSISTENCY. Showing up for the fight every day whether I feel like it or not. Some days will be better than others but by paying attention to my food intake, logging things here for better or worse and getting some sort of daily exercise I am winning this battle.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Monday: 100 Stairs / 0 Triceps Dips
    Tuesday: 700 Stairs / 0 Triceps Dips
    Wednesday: 672 Stairs / 20 Triceps Dips
    Thursday: 320 Stairs / 20 Triceps Dips
    Friday: 640 Stairs / 0 Triceps Dips
    Saturday: 0 Stairs / 0 Triceps Dips
    Sunday: 0 Stairs / 0 Triceps Dips

Totals: 2432 / 2500 Stairs & 40/ 60 Triceps Dips

Feeling decent about my numbers so far :)
  • babydull
    Options
    Progress:

Saturday
    30 dips
    500 stairs

Total thus far:
    Dips 168
    Steps 2176
  • athenawho
    Options
    Remember guys:

Message me your TOTALS and your WEIGH-IN tomorrow!!!!!!

If you are going to have a problem with either one of these send me a message ASAP so that MakinMoves and I can adjust your totals!

Hope everyone is doing well, we are working hard to keep this going.

We've had a few people drop, so right now we have fewer people that Ranged but since we go off of percentages now, we still have the chance to win this thing!!!!!

Lets try for 2 weeks in a row!
  • babydull
    Options
    Ok Captain, will do.
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    Aye Captain, heading out to the gym in a bit to knock out a few hundred more steps :)
  • BrentGetsFit
    Options
    1780 steps today and 20 dips!
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    1780 steps today and 20 dips!

Great job!!!
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    sorry I've been mia! I finished my steps and dips today wooooo! my neighbors kept looking at me like I was crazy because i would walk up one set of stairs, across the balcony, down the other set and then turn around and go up the set I just came down. :)
  • scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    800 more stairs for a total of 3300 stairs and 120 triceps dips. I have done well on this challenge. :)
  • Hthfamily
    Hthfamily Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    No extras done today or tomorrow either. Hoping I heal soon.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Haven't been able to do anything yet. To sore from last week still. Still can't walk, so def can't do stairs.

Hey how'd that contest turn out?

4th place. Under 5lbs more and I wouldve taken home the $300

Sorry, I just now saw this. I know you needed some $$$ and I was hoping you'd get something. :flowerforyou:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Options
    Monday: 100 Stairs / 0 Triceps Dips
    Tuesday: 700 Stairs / 0 Triceps Dips
    Wednesday: 672 Stairs / 20 Triceps Dips
    Thursday: 320 Stairs / 20 Triceps Dips
    Friday: 640 Stairs / 0 Triceps Dips
    Saturday: 0 Stairs / 0 Triceps Dips
    Sunday: 100 Stairs / 10 Triceps Dips

Totals: 2532 / 2500 Stairs & 50/ 60 Triceps Dips

weight 193