How Has the Coronavirus Affected You?

Replies

• _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    I’ve been disturbed by this new phrase I keep hearing over and over on the news: “coffin fever”. I am astonished that the media are so callously using this term as a way to describe the critical cases turning up to hospitals around the world. Disgusting. “At this hospital in Italy, people are turning up in hordes with coffin fever”. Such low class journalism, already writing them off as walking dead and giving it a catchy but gruesome-

Ohhh they’re saying cough and fever.

I’m gonna sit back down now

LOL 🤣 I adore you
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    I've gotten so bored at this point that I've started (finally) putting together all my puzzles and learning new MtG (Magic the Gathering) game styles.

Sat outside in the sunshine and read a book while the kid swam in the tiny backyard pool. It was nice. Slowly going crazy.. making food that's terrible for me (lemon cupcakes, anyone?), but not really caring.

And now I have a dry cough that hasn't gone away for two days. Slightly worrying, but it could be allergies given all the pollen coating EVERYTHING here.
  • Amanda_mermaid
    Amanda_mermaid Posts: 25 Member
    Getting bored...I gave into ice cream with cinnamon Frosted Flakes....I blame covid 19 bc couldn’t be my fault ;) haha
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    I'm fine, but my neighbor ran for the hills when I opened my patio door this afternoon. His short legs & tiny feet flew straight out in front of him & he raced inside like he was on fire.

Unless he was sitting outside in the buff, since it's pretty private in the back of the bldg, I have no idea why he had such an over-reaction... especially given that he's 30' away.

giphy.gif
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    I'm finding it to be a bit of a mind *kitten* to be honest

Yeah. I’m done. I quit. You can take this pandemic and shove it.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    edited March 2020
    Also. I found out my 10-year-old likes imagine dragons and every song sounds the same to me and he’s making me *kitten* crazy.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

Yes!!
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Also. I found out my 10-year-old likes imagine dragons and every song sounds the same to me and he’s making me *kitten* crazy.

I'm sure our parents said the exact same thing as we were discovering music. :lol:

Speaking of music:
    https://www.fox.com/the-iheart-living-room-concert-for-america/
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member

Girl, same.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member

Right?

It might be different if we had zombies; that would be cool.

Stupid Ol' Covid-19.

By the way...... what about Covids 1 thru 18 ??

Why haven't they gotten any air time ??
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member

I’m just warming up to my new routine

..of doing what i always have i guess, but like govt sponsored. I could get used to being a good citizen. Is this what paying taxes feels like?
  • Motorsheen
    I might try

running

outside

I’m being a little dramatic since i used to quite enjoy trail running (as much as it’s possible for a slug to enjoy cardiovascular exercise). But i did get harassed a couple of times last year and I’m sure it’s only gotten worse out there. And no, I have no one to go with.

Harassed ?

Tell us more !

.... it's not like we don't have the time.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I might try

running

outside

I’m being a little dramatic since i used to quite enjoy trail running (as much as it’s possible for a slug to enjoy cardiovascular exercise). But i did get harassed a couple of times last year and I’m sure it’s only gotten worse out there. And no, I have no one to go with.

Harassed ?

Tell us more !

I actually recorded one instance but i hate thinking about it.

The other was *kitten* weird. Two guys in a truck getting too close to me and warning me about the dangers of going out alone

Okay, yeah.... that's messed up.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

I was actually chased by a car once when I was out running.
    I kept zig, zagging back across one-way streets to ditch them; it worked.
    No Fun.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I might try

running

outside

Harassed ?

Tell us more !

The other was *kitten* weird. Two guys in a truck getting too close to me and warning me about the dangers of going out alone

I never run along roads. Too many perverts. Most just verbally abusive, some of them actually physically threatening. Stopped doing it years ago after a close call that scared the crap out of me. I only run on trails now. Seems like most of these nasty perverts are too lazy to leave their trucks. Too much work so they stick to harassing women on pavement. Gross. :s
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I might try

running

outside

Harassed ?

Tell us more !

I never run along roads. Too many perverts. Most just verbally abusive, some of them actually physically threatening. Stopped doing it years ago after a close call that scared the crap out of me. I only run on trails now. Seems like most of these nasty perverts are too lazy to leave their trucks. Too much work so they stick to harassing women on pavement. Gross. :s

When I was training for a triathlon a number of years ago, I was out running and this car with a couple of women in it kept circling past me. Probably 4-5 times while I was out running. Cat calls, even a few honks of the horn with whistles. Some women can be just as aggressive as men.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I might try

running

outside

Harassed ?

Tell us more !

One of my instances happened on a well-travelled hiking trail and one on a country backroad and i had to back up into the bushes/ ditch to keep a safe distance from the truck and i said things like, “I live right there. My husband is waiting for me.”

Both times were truly frightening. When I lived in the city I got stares and catcalls but this isolation makes it much more menacing. And I don’t doubt they’d consider leaving their trucks for an easy opportunity.