"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thursday! Get my jog in and also work on cleaning up the house a little more.

Cardio: walk/jog- 60 minutes (350 calories)

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lamb last night for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! The whole state is now in a "stay at home" status. This is epic and something I don't know I'll ever see again in my life time.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- leg press, front squats, leg extensions, lying leg curls, seated leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Tony's pizza for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Will get to do some backyard work today.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Meatballs and mash potatoes for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Well it's been 1 full week of "shelter in place" and it's felt like 2. The positive thing is that I'm getting a lot of "honey do" list stuff done as well as fixing up my yard.

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Longanisa with eggs and rice for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Little by little I'm getting the "honey do" list stuff done. Today it's cleaning out some of the entertainment storage of stuff we'll likely never use like baby DVD's.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (250 calories)

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and vegetables for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! No gym work, but still gyming at home. Got a lot done yesterday in the backyard. Now I just need all the debris picked up. Also got my last paycheck till further notice from the gym, although I was able to apply for unemployment.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Tony's pizza for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! So school in my district has been extended to May 1 as a return date now. Still not sure about work though. That's supposed to be April 7, but I doubt that as well.

Strength: arms- barbell curl, preacher curl, close grip bench, lying tricep extensions. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pizza for dinner last night.
  • LargeEricS
    LargeEricS Posts: 109 Member
    edited March 2020
    Newbie here!

WORKING TO LIKE MYSELF UNCONDITIONALLY

Been watching the page for a little over a year, and while I never post it has helped with feeling/staying motivated. This is and will be the third and final summer I am going "ALL IN" to get in serious shape. Not saying routine excercise is completely out the door but life's short, not going to waste it strictly dieting. Through life and jobs and fluctuation I've been as high as 285lbs (6'4 24yr male) and as low as 225lbs. Currently sitting at 245lbs, with no particular goal other than when I see it I'll know I have arrived.

Cardio:Insanity day 5 (Plyo) (503 cal)

Strength: N/A till the gym reopens

Assessment:Overall diet could use some cleaning up, but within cal. goal
  • ninerbuff
    LargeEricS wrote: »
    Newbie here!

WORKING TO LIKE MYSELF UNCONDITIONALLY

Been watching the page for a little over a year, and while I never post it has helped with feeling/staying motivated. This is and will be the third and final summer I am going "ALL IN" to get in serious shape. Not saying routine excercise is completely out the door but life's short, not going to waste it strictly dieting. Through life and jobs and fluctuation I've been as high as 285lbs (6'4 24yr male) and as low as 225lbs. Currently sitting at 245lbs, with no particular goal other than when I see it I'll know I have arrived.

Cardio:Insanity day 5 (Plyo) (503 cal)

Strength: N/A till the gym reopens

Assessment:Overall diet could use some cleaning up, but within cal. goal
    Never live with regret. One thing you never get back is time so always do what you want to do now. Welcome to the club.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy TGIF!!! I've had so much done in the last couple of weeks that have sat on the burner for the last few years. It's like a great restart. However it's obvious that I can't spend money the way I used to till I'm back to work. Workouts haven't been as intense but that was to be expected. Right now I'm just maintaining what I got.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: legs- cable resistance squats, front squats, leg extensions, standing leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts. 4 x12,10,8, 6

Assessment: Short ribs and rice for dinner.
  • LargeEricS
    edited March 2020
    TGIF

Working on liking myself Unconditionally

Insanity is the most mentally challenging thing I have ever been apart of. Rest day welcomed but I'm not the type to sit around either. Not sure if my view on calories needs correcting, so please advise. Right now I'm just trying to stay within my calorie limit for these first two weeks before I switch to hounding my macros. Having said that I don't completely disregard them, but I thought it was better to find my groove before I tightened the belt up.

Cardio: Yoga+30min walk (275 calories)

Strength: N/A

Assessment: Meatloaf and potatoes
  • ninerbuff
    LargeEricS wrote: »
    TGIF

Insanity is the most mentally challenging thing I have ever been apart of. Rest day welcomed but I'm not the type to sit around either. Not sure if my view on calories needs correcting, so please advise. Right now I'm just trying to stay within my calorie limit for these first two weeks before I switch to hounding my macros. Having said that I don't completely disregard them, but I thought it was better to find my groove before I tightened the belt up.

Cardio: Yoga+30min walk (275 calories)

Assessment: Meatloaf and potatoes
    On rest days, you obviously don't need as many calories as ON days. However as long as you're on a deficit, you should still be going down in weight consistently.

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! It's always great to able to fix things when you have some knowledge and tools. My lawnmower was acting up and leaking gas, so I finally got all the repair supplies I needed and tuned is up, replaced worn parts and sharpened the blade. Thing ran like brand new yesterday. And I bought the thing in 2002. While I was at it, I did the same with the weedeater as well.

Cardio: walking- 30 min (150 calories)

Strength: core- crunches, leg lifts

Assessment: Manwhich with ground beef.
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Well our April 7th date to return was snuffed by the POTUS (which is probably good). So now at least another month at home. I'll keep up my workouts though.

Cardio: run/jog- 30 minutes (150 calories)

Strength: shoulders- front shoulder raise, face pulls, side laterals, shrugs. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Tony's pizza for dinner with Asian salad.

• LargeEricS
    Hey Guys

Insanity is nuts but rewarding. Down 3lbs, but honestly looks like even more. Maybe its water weight, or minimal water retention causing an me not to look bloated. But who cares, looking good and feeling good!

Cardio: Insanity Day 10 (Plyo 450 cal.)

Assessment: Chicken Pizza Roll

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Supposed to be nice today, so I'm gonna take the time to do some trim painting on the outside of the house where paint is chipping off.

Strength: chest- incline bench flyes, machine flyes, cable crossovers, dips. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and rice for dinner.
  • LargeEricS
    edited March 2020
    Hey

Recovery day today. Much needed, feeling lazy and not much ambition. Easy stretching/yoga and slow paced workout will be nice. Bad day as far as liking what I see in the mirror, but Rome wasn't built in a day either.

Cardio: Day 11 Cardio Recovery (300 cal.)

Assessment: Diets getting better, not great still. Logging is decent. Sausage potato and onion dish

• ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Watched the Biggest loser finale yesterday. While I don't condone how the show is done and how fast these people lose weight, it's still amazing to see the transformations. Unfortunately only 10% of them will keep the weight off and the other 90% will gain back a significant amount of weight or more. It still ends up like most diet plans if it's NOT a lifestyle you want to live with the rest of your life.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, dumbell pullovers. 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner. Nah I didn't make it. Safeway did.

• LargeEricS
    Hey

Another day, another dollar.

Cardio: Day 12 Cardio Power (425 cal.)

Assessment: Had cake last night, not happy I gave in but its behind me. Chicken Stir Fry tonight
  • ninerbuff
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Had so much time on my hands yesterday that I stripped, sanded and caulked a door frame that leads from the outside to my mudroom. And today I'll prime and paint it. I was just going to have a company do all of it, but maybe I'll save some money by doing the trim myself.

Assessment: Beef short ribs and rice.