How desperate are you for human contact?

Replies

• that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    I'd go to Six Flags theme park on Juvenile Hall Field Trip Day wearing a rainbow hat with a propeller knowing I'd get insulted for 9 hours straight and bask in all the social recognition.
  • heartattackspecial
    heartattackspecial Posts: 53 Member
    I'd dress up like dude from Tiger King and set up a table in front of starbucks offering fake autographs and free handshakes.
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    I'd go to the gym during peak hours and start clapping in everyone's earhole while shouting generic motivational phrases like "You got this!", "Perfect form!", and "I'm still single!"

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Honestly? I live with two other people currently and I go on walks late at night to ESCAPE them because I value the quiet.

It's not that I don't care about or love them, but man.. this constant interaction is driving me nuts.

Pretty much
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    I'm by myself, I'd do a lot for a hug from one of my family members! The couple times I've seen them we've stayed far apart. I hadn't seen them for a week prior to this so it's been able three weeks of just me and my cats (not that I don't love and am grateful for them).

Grocery shopping was the best thing I've done in a long time because I had people to talk to and that was two weeks ago!
  • ittybittyKenna
    ittybittyKenna Posts: 15 Member
    I get excited when I run out of something because then I HAVE TO go to the store. :#
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    I'm an introvert so I'm SUPER happy to be working from home! I just miss outside. 😥😥😥
  • Amanda_mermaid
    Amanda_mermaid Posts: 25 Member
    I’d host a hug convention lol
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Me normally, so I'm alright. :lol:

th9zdnko87qz.jpg
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Not at all. The current state of things (minus the lingering sense of doom) is pretty much my ideal.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Not at all. The current state of things (minus the lingering sense of doom) is pretty much my ideal.

I’ve always had a lingering sense of doom, now its just reasonably more tangible

This feels fairly normal for me too though. I’m realizing how much I used to be expected to go places that ai didn’t really want to go. Never again in my life will I have this great an excuse to gleefully avoid socializing while simultaneously feeling like such a good citizen
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I’m desperate for some sun. That’s it.

I got so desperate for some brightness I bought yellow nail polish.. I don’t even like that colour.

i feel you on that. all the snow melted. now it's snowing again - up to 25 cm today
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Not at all - I'm happy all alone in my sanitized little bubble, and dread having to go out into the cootie zone to work.

i'm so glad you got out for a run last night!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

I’ve always had a lingering sense of doom, now its just reasonably more tangible

This feels fairly normal for me too though. I’m realizing how much I used to be expected to go places that ai didn’t really want to go. Never again in my life will I have this great an excuse to gleefully avoid socializing while simultaneously feeling like such a good citizen

Agreed. I'm using this time to refresh my stockpile of excuses as to why I can't do whatever "fun/social" activity people are trying to get me to do.