What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Done right, don't need to worry about styling it. ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Family member is a cop and said that people are coughing on cops to get out of tickets, claiming they have the coronavirus. 😕

They said that from now on if someone purposely coughs on them, they are getting charged with assault.

People probably thought it was funny and a way to get out of paying a ticket, but they know nothing of these cops and their families..... how many people could get sick and possibly die because someone didnt want to pay a fine and "thought it would be funny"??? 😢😢😢

A guy was arrested here yesterday for coughing on strangers and gleefully telling them he had the virus. I believe he coughed on the arresting officers as well

Ugh.... I just might have lost it if someone did that to me.

Yeah, I think my fist would have accidentally coughed on their face.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    they already made face masks mandatory down in laredo. you have to wear one in public or any open businesses or be fined like $1000.

i kinda hope that law goes live nationwide tbh

cause i mean, yknow, the banks are still open. and i got a really nice ski mask or two. and hey folks the laws the law amirite

My work friend and I were laughing about the masks today because she was grinning at me and then we realized you cant tell a persons facial expression any more.

And I'm busy wasting smiles on people...wtf!

I guess "eye and forehead wrinkles" are gonna be the new 'facial expression'.

Hey, maybe I got a one up - I can raise my left eyebrow independently!
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Family member is a cop and said that people are coughing on cops to get out of tickets, claiming they have the coronavirus. 😕

They said that from now on if someone purposely coughs on them, they are getting charged with assault.

People probably thought it was funny and a way to get out of paying a ticket, but they know nothing of these cops and their families..... how many people could get sick and possibly die because someone didnt want to pay a fine and "thought it would be funny"??? 😢😢😢

A guy was arrested here yesterday for coughing on strangers and gleefully telling them he had the virus. I believe he coughed on the arresting officers as well

I have zero tolerance for these kinds of morons.

Put them in a jail cell and when they ask for something... anything, just cough in their face as a reply.

Wow. Seriously...perfect form of punishment...make punishment match the crime
  • Vikka_V
    Options

100% was contemplating cutting my hair tonight or on the weekend...maybe I'll give it 'till next Wednesday, the 2 week non-essential business shut down 2 week marker, and text my stylist?

• GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I have zero tolerance for these kinds of morons.

Put them in a jail cell and when they ask for something... anything, just cough in their face as a reply.

How about the nutter conspiracy theorists, can we do the same to them?
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    jcrav77 wrote: »
    “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'" -Mr. Fred Rogers

I know those people and I am very proud I do!!!! ❤️

P.S. my trees bloomed today

tb8nj8gbnwyv.jpeg
    tbxgkk0q7me9.jpeg
    qgmr4039xcbw.jpeg

Thanks for all you do. Your trees are gorgeous! 😊
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    they already made face masks mandatory down in laredo. you have to wear one in public or any open businesses or be fined like $1000.

cause i mean, yknow, the banks are still open. and i got a really nice ski mask or two. and hey folks the laws the law amirite

Another question, so these mandatory masks...are they like, any mask?

...makes me think of "the purge" and "the strangers"...
    technically those Halloween type masks would help people stop projecting spittle on one another...be creepy as *kitten*...altho the surgical masks to me seem to imply the wearer is infected already
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'" -Mr. Fred Rogers

tb8nj8gbnwyv.jpeg
    tbxgkk0q7me9.jpeg
    qgmr4039xcbw.jpeg

Thanks for all you do. Your trees are gorgeous! 😊

Awe thank you @cdubks88 You’re always so kind. 🤗
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    This made me smile....i needed to hear something positive 🤗
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/whdh.com/news/faith-in-humanity-boston-police-officer-buys-groceries-for-mother-3-children/amp/

and I didn't know Boston Police officers could rock beards🤷😉😎💙
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

technically those Halloween type masks would help people stop projecting spittle on one another...be creepy as *kitten*...altho the surgical masks to me seem to imply the wearer is infected already

mklyg95j7ul1.jpeg
  • Tinydancer106
    Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options

tb8nj8gbnwyv.jpeg
    tbxgkk0q7me9.jpeg
    qgmr4039xcbw.jpeg

Beautiful quote....Beautiful trees.....Beautiful You my friend! I know you're one of those helpers ....yup another beautiful and selfless friend who is going out taking care of others!💗🤗🙏

Thank you!!!
  • jcrav77
    jcrav77 Posts: 584 Member
    Options

tb8nj8gbnwyv.jpeg
    tbxgkk0q7me9.jpeg
    qgmr4039xcbw.jpeg

Beautiful quote....Beautiful trees.....Beautiful You my friend! I know you're one of those helpers ....yup another beautiful and selfless friend who is going out taking care of others!💗🤗🙏

Thank you!!!

Aw thank you so much. You are a beautiful too my friend. 🤗 hugs ❤️
  • Vikka_V
    Options

mklyg95j7ul1.jpeg

I've been thinking about bandanas...I have lots - I use them to hold my hair back when running or camping....plus it would be a cuter, more bad-*kitten* look then the surgical mask!
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

mklyg95j7ul1.jpeg

I've been thinking about bandanas...I have lots - I use them to hold my hair back when running or camping....plus it would be a cuter, more bad-*kitten* look then the surgical mask!

I wound up just ordering a cloth mask from somewhere for $10. Figure the way things are going, it's probably going to get mandated here soon.

Our "Stay at Home" order just got extend from April 24 until May 4. Hopefully that'll get lifted then, and I'm sure it'll be one hell of a party between Star Wars day and Cinco De Mayo as everyone will be happy to get out then.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    French vanilla
    Butter pecan
    Chocolate deluxe
    Even caramel sundae is getting touched
    🍨
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm confused by the precautions, even moreso after going to the local Publix yesterday at 10am... my 1st time out in over 2-wks.

* All customers wore a mask, except me. Granted, there were no younger people there, but me, just senior couples & a few lone seniors. A few were wearing vinyl gloves... 1 woman wearing those Playtex cleaning gloves. Some were so incensed, they stood in front of me, stopped cold, glaring at me or rolled their eyes & ran passed me as if I were on fire. It happened at least a dozen times. I'm assuming that was as I wasn't wearing a mask?

* None of them kept the 6' distance rule at all throughout the entire store, including employees, which honestly, is virtually impossible with the small aisle width, unless store employees enforce that everyone enter the store & follow one line in the same direction around the store, up & down each aisle. People stood next to me, reached over me, cut me off to get something in front of me. People at the deli, bakery & place where they make sandwiches had a crowd waiting, all standing next to each other, like usual.

* At checkout, it was a mix. 99% didn't follow the 6' distance rule, but the 2 who did were the same people who passed me or stood next to me to retrieve items from the shelf 20 times over. So, now why are you standing so far behind me?

* Only 1 store employee was wearing a mask... a 30-something woman who was stocking. None wore gloves. The employees collecting carts were not wearing either. They asked if I needed help packing my car, which means the store is not enforcing the 6' policy for employees.

* All medical workers (I'm assuming, as they were in scrubs) who ran in while I was there (maybe 4) were not wearing masks or gloves in the store.

I only noticed several differences with shoppers:

* All looked utterly grim & panicked, no one spoke to anyone at all & all the old folks, who normally move at a snail's pace were moving at breakneck speed.
    * With employees, all of them were more pleasant than usual... they must have been told to keep calm, especially given that I'm in an area of Tampa with mostly retirees, who have a tendency to be more panicky.
    * There were regular messages over the loud speakers that said things like, "Shoppers, we're all in this together. We're with you." That felt creepy, honestly, like Hal the computer talking in 2001.
    * 2 angry women made loud comments as I walked to my car that I wasn't wearing a mask. The employee at the front of the store cleaning off carts, also an elderly woman, made some sarcastic comment to me. Didn't expect the hostility I encountered while shopping, I must say.

What I did find odd is the few people who passed me on the roads, who were wearing masks inside their own cars. It seems that in your own home or car you could remove the mask, no?

Traffic here is still heavy, but slightly less & moving faster than usual. The store was packed & every strip mall parking lot I passed was filled with cars.

I won't head out for another 2-3 wks to shop, but even if I wanted a mask, I'm assuming I can't get one, since even medical workers aren't able to get them.