What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• KeepOnCardio
    KeepOnCardio Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Having a hard time believing this whole pandemic originated from 1 marketplace.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Having a hard time believing this whole pandemic originated from 1 marketplace.

I've got my own unique theory on that...

I believe in some respect it really did come from that lab... I think what probably happened, China was experimenting with different types of antibiotics and vaccines and viruses trying to create sustainable food that they didn't have to pump full of antibiotics to keep from becoming diseased...

The fact is 80% of the antibiotics in the United States go to life.... That tells you are livestock is largely diseased and unhealthy... Or at least in poor conditions

I could only imagine how bad the situation is in China... That being said they have a lot to gain from being able to genetically create livestock that is resistant to bacteria and viruses

I believe that's what they were trying to create... And Frankenstein got out the box
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Wondering if @cowsfan12 is acquainted with florida man yet
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Indeed I am - so thanks for that 😂
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I'm confused by the precautions, even moreso after going to the local Publix yesterday at 10am... my 1st time out in over 2-wks.

* All customers wore a mask, except me. Granted, there were no younger people there, but me, just senior couples & a few lone seniors. A few were wearing vinyl gloves... 1 woman wearing those Playtex cleaning gloves. Some were so incensed, they stood in front of me, stopped cold, glaring at me or rolled their eyes & ran passed me as if I were on fire. It happened at least a dozen times. I'm assuming that was as I wasn't wearing a mask?

* None of them kept the 6' distance rule at all throughout the entire store, including employees, which honestly, is virtually impossible with the small aisle width, unless store employees enforce that everyone enter the store & follow one line in the same direction around the store, up & down each aisle. People stood next to me, reached over me, cut me off to get something in front of me. People at the deli, bakery & place where they make sandwiches had a crowd waiting, all standing next to each other, like usual.

* At checkout, it was a mix. 99% didn't follow the 6' distance rule, but the 2 who did were the same people who passed me or stood next to me to retrieve items from the shelf 20 times over. So, now why are you standing so far behind me?

* Only 1 store employee was wearing a mask... a 30-something woman who was stocking. None wore gloves. The employees collecting carts were not wearing either. They asked if I needed help packing my car, which means the store is not enforcing the 6' policy for employees.

* All medical workers (I'm assuming, as they were in scrubs) who ran in while I was there (maybe 4) were not wearing masks or gloves in the store.

I only noticed several differences with shoppers:

* All looked utterly grim & panicked, no one spoke to anyone at all & all the old folks, who normally move at a snail's pace were moving at breakneck speed.
    * With employees, all of them were more pleasant than usual... they must have been told to keep calm, especially given that I'm in an area of Tampa with mostly retirees, who have a tendency to be more panicky.
    * There were regular messages over the loud speakers that said things like, "Shoppers, we're all in this together. We're with you." That felt creepy, honestly, like Hal the computer talking in 2001.
    * 2 angry women made loud comments as I walked to my car that I wasn't wearing a mask. The employee at the front of the store cleaning off carts, also an elderly woman, made some sarcastic comment to me. Didn't expect the hostility I encountered while shopping, I must say.

What I did find odd is the few people who passed me on the roads, who were wearing masks inside their own cars. It seems that in your own home or car you could remove the mask, no?

Traffic here is still heavy, but slightly less & moving faster than usual. The store was packed & every strip mall parking lot I passed was filled with cars.

I won't head out for another 2-3 wks to shop, but even if I wanted a mask, I'm assuming I can't get one, since even medical workers aren't able to get them.

It's really a confusing situation out there. But, it is impossible to maintain the 6' rule as you pass one another on sidewalks, or in aisles. I just do my best to stay as far away as possible, and instead of say "Hi" like I normally might to someone, I just nod my head to them. I'm wondering if the reason for the masks is because of the higher elderly population?

Here, the couple of times I've been to the grocery store since it all started, I've seen one employee wearing a mask and nearly all of them wearing some form of gloves. But, what gets me about gloves is that if people aren't careful, you can still contaminate yourself negating the use of them.

Our "Stay at Home" order just got pushed to May 4th, so looks like it's going to be another month...
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

When I searched for "Florida Man" I got all kinds of things from the bath salt ingesting people who want to chew someone's face off to the guy spraying things on doorways. Quite a broad range of things. But, then again, it is Florida ;)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

When I searched for "Florida Man" I got all kinds of things from the bath salt ingesting people who want to chew someone's face off to the guy spraying things on doorways. Quite a broad range of things. But, then again, it is Florida ;)

I did a search for: West Dakota Woman

.... and this happened

tenor.gif?itemid=16656859
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Its just constantly raining in my city. Coupled with the pandemic its creating an uber depressive atmosphere now.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I did a search for: West Dakota Woman

.... and this happened

tenor.gif?itemid=16656859

Appropriate for so many reasons
  • cynthiabickham
    cynthiabickham Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Recommend a movie, I’ve got Netflix, Hulu, and Disney Plus.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    I’m making one of these to hide my stash
    w9lk7v02qg5e.jpeg

My 4 year old bday cake look similar to this
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    w9lk7v02qg5e.jpeg

Pics or lies
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    w9lk7v02qg5e.jpeg

Pics or lies

I'll have to call my mom 😂. But I swear.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    sean_11 wrote: »
    Recommend a movie, I’ve got Netflix, Hulu, and Disney Plus.

Seven Pounds

:D Aren't we depressed enough already?