What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Crazy Friday night shenanigans has me all cleaning my bathroom like a BOSS. 😎

Like I know y'all wish you could party as hard as this.
    🥳😎🥳😎

(Omg this is sad....)

k0fasnrzqqdl.gif

Used this over in another thread....might as well use it here too.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

🥳😎🥳😎

(Omg this is sad....)

We definitely need to party.

Try not to get too worked up...... but l just found an unopened three pack of blue kitchen sponges.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

🥳😎🥳😎

(Omg this is sad....)

I've got a hot date with the bathroom scrubber tomorrow. Tonight, I'm going to get all hot 'n sweaty watching online training videos for work while I'm on the bicycle trainer.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

🥳😎🥳😎

(Omg this is sad....)

Try not to get too worked up...... but l just found an unopened three pack of blue kitchen sponges.

That's like coming home from spending too much at the bar..... and finding $60 in your pants pocket that you didn't even know you had.
  • tinak33
    Options

🥳😎🥳😎

(Omg this is sad....)

I've got a hot date with the bathroom scrubber tomorrow. Tonight, I'm going to get all hot 'n sweaty watching online training videos for work while I'm on the bicycle trainer.

You party too hard for me.
  • tinak33
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

🥳😎🥳😎

(Omg this is sad....)

k0fasnrzqqdl.gif

Used this over in another thread....might as well use it here too.

Lol love it!
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    My daughter is FaceTiming her good friend. They just “made a dish” together. Like....one says “do you have granola bars? Add that.” And then the other one will go “Add peanuts.” And they’ve been planning a “virtual sleepover” for a few weeks now. This is what it’s come to folks.🤣🙈 I’m starting to think it looks like fun.🤪
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I've had this toothbrush for over a month and I was just getting ready for bed. (I know, what a party animal.) 🙄 Anyway, I put it in my mouth and it scared the life outta me....it vibrates!!! 😂 So. Much. Fun.

😂
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

🥳😎🥳😎

(Omg this is sad....)

Dude you gotta try the 6 pack from dollar general- game changer bro
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    I've had this toothbrush for over a month and I was just getting ready for bed. (I know, what a party animal.) 🙄 Anyway, I put it in my mouth and it scared the life outta me....it vibrates!!! 😂 So. Much. Fun.

Extra clean - hey what kinda toothpaste?? 🤔
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    35BPM...friggen hell..

oxisysrn11gd.jpeg
  • indigoblu74
    indigoblu74 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Safety dance.
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Safety dance.

Where you been at 🤷‍♂️
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Safety dance.

Hope you're staying safe and well surfy🤗
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about the individuals that were operating in that wet market in Wuhan. I wonder what they're thinking about all this? If they're not dead that is.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm confused by the precautions, even moreso after going to the local Publix yesterday at 10am... my 1st time out in over 2-wks.

* All customers wore a mask, except me. Granted, there were no younger people there, but me, just senior couples & a few lone seniors. A few were wearing vinyl gloves... 1 woman wearing those Playtex cleaning gloves. Some were so incensed, they stood in front of me, stopped cold, glaring at me or rolled their eyes & ran passed me as if I were on fire. It happened at least a dozen times. I'm assuming that was as I wasn't wearing a mask?

* None of them kept the 6' distance rule at all throughout the entire store, including employees, which honestly, is virtually impossible with the small aisle width, unless store employees enforce that everyone enter the store & follow one line in the same direction around the store, up & down each aisle. People stood next to me, reached over me, cut me off to get something in front of me. People at the deli, bakery & place where they make sandwiches had a crowd waiting, all standing next to each other, like usual.

* At checkout, it was a mix. 99% didn't follow the 6' distance rule, but the 2 who did were the same people who passed me or stood next to me to retrieve items from the shelf 20 times over. So, now why are you standing so far behind me?

* Only 1 store employee was wearing a mask... a 30-something woman who was stocking. None wore gloves. The employees collecting carts were not wearing either. They asked if I needed help packing my car, which means the store is not enforcing the 6' policy for employees.

* All medical workers (I'm assuming, as they were in scrubs) who ran in while I was there (maybe 4) were not wearing masks or gloves in the store.

I only noticed several differences with shoppers:

* All looked utterly grim & panicked, no one spoke to anyone at all & all the old folks, who normally move at a snail's pace were moving at breakneck speed.
    * With employees, all of them were more pleasant than usual... they must have been told to keep calm, especially given that I'm in an area of Tampa with mostly retirees, who have a tendency to be more panicky.
    * There were regular messages over the loud speakers that said things like, "Shoppers, we're all in this together. We're with you." That felt creepy, honestly, like Hal the computer talking in 2001.
    * 2 angry women made loud comments as I walked to my car that I wasn't wearing a mask. The employee at the front of the store cleaning off carts, also an elderly woman, made some sarcastic comment to me. Didn't expect the hostility I encountered while shopping, I must say.

What I did find odd is the few people who passed me on the roads, who were wearing masks inside their own cars. It seems that in your own home or car you could remove the mask, no?

Traffic here is still heavy, but slightly less & moving faster than usual. The store was packed & every strip mall parking lot I passed was filled with cars.

I won't head out for another 2-3 wks to shop, but even if I wanted a mask, I'm assuming I can't get one, since even medical workers aren't able to get them.

It's really a confusing situation out there. But, it is impossible to maintain the 6' rule as you pass one another on sidewalks, or in aisles. I just do my best to stay as far away as possible, and instead of say "Hi" like I normally might to someone, I just nod my head to them. I'm wondering if the reason for the masks is because of the higher elderly population?

Here, the couple of times I've been to the grocery store since it all started, I've seen one employee wearing a mask and nearly all of them wearing some form of gloves. But, what gets me about gloves is that if people aren't careful, you can still contaminate yourself negating the use of them.

Our "Stay at Home" order just got pushed to May 4th, so looks like it's going to be another month...

I understand, thx, XX.

Our aisles in the local markets are narrow... 2 carts can barely pass each other... so 6' distance can't be maintained. I thought they might move some tables in the produce section, given that most are empty, but they haven't. You can barely maintain a 3' distance there, but as I said, everyone's reaching over or standing next to others anyway.

Sure, the older folks are all wearing masks, but I get it... many might have slighter immune systems or genuine health issues. They're scared. If I had small kids, I'd probably be more worried about them, as well & wouldn't allow them into the markets right now.

Yeah, the gloves are confusing in regard to employees. If you touch a contaminated surface, you're continually spreading germs to everything else you touch, so...

My market didn't have any fruit anyway... the reason I went out, so I just got some canned peaches & will make do. They were rationing everything anyway... took back some cans at the register (I was allowed 4) & I found the last 2 pkgs of bathroom paper & they took back one... although, an employee walked out behind me with a giant 60-pack of TP when none was on the shelf. Whatever... Oh, they did have a $19 container of cut watermelon... that seems like price gouging to me.

I'm just going to get out for a walk 1-2 times/day for a cabin fever fix, since the beaches are closed. No one is walking anyway... I've only once come across someone on a bike & he rode out into the street to get passed me. Same thing with a golf cart... all the old folks drive golf carts down secondary roads for errands... they just drove into the street to pass me. One walker crossed the street when she saw me coming her way from 30' away. You're right... it's easy to maintain distance on the sidewalks right now.

We'll all make it. It's tough, no matter the situation... some are climbing the walls with kids & spouses or roommates... others alone are suffering from loneliness. Working is stressful, so is being laid off, so is having no job at all. We're all on the same train, different car, but most of us will be okay in the end.

And, lots of us have family who are ill that we can't reach or are ill ourselves. My mum & 1 brother were just diagnosed with CV, both far away, so the rest of us can't do anything to help. But, that's the case for many.

I just began opening my windows each day, too... the outside air & sounds makes me feel like there are other humans in the world.

Be healthy & have a good weekend.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    Its just constantly raining in my city. Coupled with the pandemic its creating an uber depressive atmosphere now.

I'll bet. Turning on all the lights at home helps me. It's more cheery.

I normally don't leave on lights in rooms I'm not in... not now... I want cheerful everything atm. Hang in there!
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options

🥳😎🥳😎

(Omg this is sad....)

THREE sponges, you say?

giphy.gif