How desperate are you for human contact?

Options

Replies

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options
    I would respond to creepy dms in Hopes of a potential meet up
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I would respond to creepy dms in Hopes of a potential meet up

Oh you’re good
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be used for Nyotaimori
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    I’d go lay in the yard and pretend I’m dead so passerby’s would give me
    Mouth to mouth

29q1h5n7a6ge.gif
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    sean_11 wrote: »
    I am going to work every day, around lots of people, wishing I could be home.

Pretty much this. I'm reasonably sure I'm doing way more work at the office than the ones who are working from home.

Lucky me, I have to start training a new staff next week and that would be impossible to do remotely.
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I would finally volunteer to drive my Aunt Gloria to her foot doctor appointments on Saturday mornings.

While sitting in the waiting room I would make small talk with the front desk ladies and ask them in earnest how their day's transmissions are going, and if they are just as surprised as I am by the unseasonably warm weather we are having - my gosh!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Okay, human contact that's not my family? Slightly more-ish. However, not at the risk of killing them, or killing me. I got enough life left (I think) that I'd like to continue to enjoy.

I miss having friends to goof off with, but they've been long gone.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids. There is not one second of silence during the day until bedtime. I can honestly say I'm desperate need of less human contact. I might just cry 😢

This except 5 kids.... one a toddler... :drinker: keeps me sane

I can relate this this on a deep level ladies! I need a DIFFERENT kind of human contact. And, love my kids of course but....I walk for 2 hours a day sometime just to have quietness and alone time.❤️
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just need a job. The only human contact I crave, atm, is with a hiring mngr.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I usually WFH, so the gym was my main social activity and opportunity to perv, I mean, people watch 👀. When this is over, the regulars at the gym are all getting bum slaps
  • PlentyofProtein00
    Options
    Buff_Man wrote: »
    I usually WFH, so the gym was my main social activity and opportunity to perv, I mean, people watch 👀. When this is over, the regulars at the gym are all getting bum slaps

😯what gym will this be😬
  • hlr1987
    hlr1987 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    God no. I always wonder if business would do away with open plan offices if they realised how bat *kitten* crazy /anxious those of us who are introverted get when we HAVE to be surrounded by people for 8-10 hours straight until we hide in the toilets for some quiet. This is bliss, and somehow my work is managing just fine remotely.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    The time I like is the rush hour, 'cause I like the rush.
    The pushing of the people, I like it all so much.

Shake those hands, shake those hands.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    hlr1987 wrote: »
    God no. I always wonder if business would do away with open plan offices if they realised how bat *kitten* crazy /anxious those of us who are introverted get when we HAVE to be surrounded by people for 8-10 hours straight until we hide in the toilets for some quiet. This is bliss, and somehow my work is managing just fine remotely.

I feel your pain. As a full blown introvert, I agree... if I could have a job where I work from home & have rare contact with others, I'd love it. I don't even like to talk on the phone to anyone... I'd rather email or text. When I was a computer programmer, I loved never seeing anyone & being encased by a 6' partition... my work cocoon.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

I feel your pain. As a full blown introvert, I agree... if I could have a job where I work from home & have rare contact with others, I'd love it. I don't even like to talk on the phone to anyone... I'd rather email or text. When I was a computer programmer, I loved never seeing anyone & being encased by a 6' partition... my work cocoon.

I've been in the high capacity seating arrangements for years and dislike it. But, I also don't like high walled cubes. I've found that mid height cubes works best for me. Until the noise gets so bad that I can't hear. Then I snap and tell everyone around me to STFU as loud as I can, and don't care if it's not polite or politically correct.

Don't mind WFH. But, I do like the office dynamics as well, since it's very easy to turn to one of my teammates and ask a question instead of waiting for them to respond via IM or email.

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options

I’ve been trying to get someone to call my mother and tell her to text me because I don’t do telephones. She keeps texting and leaving voicemails that say “call me.” IT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF THE TEXT!
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options

I've been in the high capacity seating arrangements for years and dislike it. But, I also don't like high walled cubes. I've found that mid height cubes works best for me. Until the noise gets so bad that I can't hear. Then I snap and tell everyone around me to STFU as loud as I can, and don't care if it's not polite or politically correct.

Don't mind WFH. But, I do like the office dynamics as well, since it's very easy to turn to one of my teammates and ask a question instead of waiting for them to respond via IM or email.

Sure, I agree with all of that. My 6' partition was in a job where I handled payroll & other confidential systems, so they felt I needed to be boxed in from prying eyes. It was a bit isolating, mainly as I was in a corner, but having also worked in that open cubicle nightmare, where you can't get away from noise or smell of any sort (like those who eat highly aromatic food at their desk or speak too loudly), I'll gladly take the former anytime.