@kgirlhart great run!
    @quilteryoyo sounds like a nice day
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    @kgirlhart Way to go, teammate!!!!!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom - yah I am not sure what the deal is with people going to the stores and buying everything up (still) here. If you can't get there early in the morning or the morning after a shipment comes in they are (still) out of most all staples, soup, pasta, breads, etc..

@shanaber We went through that about 3 weeks ago, then people start to realize that their squirrel pile of food is getting way to big and things get back to normal - or close to normal if you exclude sanitizers and TP.
    After seeing the mad buying that occurs before/after natural disasters ( Hurricane/Tornadoes) I think some of that mentality/memory floods back into people and they just can't resist. Can't imagine the buying spree that the Disaster Prepers have gone through above what they already have hoarded away. I remember the last time I moved I just quit buying ( except milk and fruit ) - lived on what was in the fridge -cupboards and 2 weeks later when I packed up I still had more dry/canned goods than I wanted to move.

@MNLittleFinn @7lenny7 @AlphaHowls and any other runner looking for a virtual race/challenge for May . Gatoraide 19. 91 or 191 km
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,336 Member
    4/1- 8.2
    4/2- 6.4
    4/3- 3.5
    4/4- 4.2
    4/5- 7
    4/6- 4.2
    4/7- 4

37.5 running miles for April so far with a goal of 130!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom - yah I am not sure what the deal is with people going to the stores and buying everything up (still) here. If you can't get there early in the morning or the morning after a shipment comes in they are (still) out of most all staples, soup, pasta, breads, etc..

@shanaber We went through that about 3 weeks ago, then people start to realize that their squirrel pile of food is getting way to big and things get back to normal - or close to normal if you exclude sanitizers and TP.
    After seeing the mad buying that occurs before/after natural disasters ( Hurricane/Tornadoes) I think some of that mentality/memory floods back into people and they just can't resist. Can't imagine the buying spree that the Disaster Prepers have gone through above what they already have hoarded away. I remember the last time I moved I just quit buying ( except milk and fruit ) - lived on what was in the fridge -cupboards and 2 weeks later when I packed up I still had more dry/canned goods than I wanted to move.

@MNLittleFinn @7lenny7 @AlphaHowls and any other runner looking for a virtual race/challenge for May . Gatoraide 19. 91 or 191 km

Here stores are pretty well stocked now. Plenty of paper products even. Just picked up some more Clorox wipes today even. We are in week 4 of "stay at home" though so at this point the panic buyers are like "umm where am I going to put the 600th roll of tp again?" so the stores are catching up. Also, more stores have limited "1 per person" on the biggest panic buys. That really helped too.

Still have not seen any hand sanitizer in any store though. Plenty of soap though.

Not quite back to pre-corona days, but we are getting there.
  • SheSaTzu
    SheSaTzu Posts: 8 Member
    Total distance: 22.2 miles
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @kgirlhart WTG! I'm sure it was the dog that threw you off. Those split times are amazing to me. Glad you got out there and had such an amazing run!

This! :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,115 Member
    @kgirlhart WTG! I'm sure it was the dog that threw you off. Those split times are amazing to me. Glad you got out there and had such an amazing run!

This! :)

Thanks!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    April goal: 80 km

April 1st - 2.5 km
    April 3 - 5.5. km
    April 5 - 8.2 km
    April 7 - 7 km

Total: 23.2 km

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @kgirlhart Great job! Your splits were awesome!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,350 Member
    @PastorVincent Our stores have a limit on some items too. It's great, until you realize that some people, like myself, are shopping for 3 households. If there is a limit of one and everyone needs said item, two will have to do without until next time. I'm not sure how they can get around this issue.

@eleanorhawkins I love your relationship with Hal. I think he loves you and wants you to be the best you can be. Glad your daughter is increasing her vocabulary. :wink:
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    4-1 7k easy
    4-2 7k easy
    4-3 8k slow
    4-4 7k moderate
    4-5 7k moderate
    4-6 7k easy
    4-7 rest
    4-8 7k moderate

April Total: 50k
    April Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k

2020 Total through March: 509k

We had thunderstorms with heavy rain last night -- just what we needed to ruin today's fishing. This morning was cloudy and mid 50s - just about perfect running weather. Hip felt as good as it has in a while.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020K in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

5-23 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson OH
    6-20 Freedom Run 5k, Aurora, OH