WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    here's a great article about quantity of exposure to the virus. Nytimes coronavirus articles free.https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/01/opinion/coronavirus-viral-dose.html
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Michele, hope you can pick Vince up soon. Thinking about you...
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Keep in mind ladies the fees Machka posted are in Australian dollars. The exchange rate is listed as $1 US dollar=.63 Australian dollar👍
    💖Rebecca
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Banana and oranges that would make sense more exposure more reaction. Good theory .

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Hubby has me cleaning the garage not much left to clean but there lol.

I always wondered if Blk death was during the age of transportation how much worse would it have been?

Amber Tx

Watching Dracula 🧛‍♂️ on Netflix in my spare time y still unsure what to cook yet .healthy low cal but what no clue
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    ===================
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    Bananas -
    My life hasn't changed, except that I am not worrying about all the things I should be doing. I'm writing, which is the main thing. I'm exercising, just as much as ever. I'm cooking up a storm. We should have set off on our cruise tomorrow so I would, right now, be quite agitated instead of relaxed! My only sadness is not seeing the grandchildren. But even that used to cause me anxiety - had I seen them enough? Had I done enough for them? Was I a good enough granny? As a perfectionist, I had a lot to live up to. Now I can just relax and no one is judging me, least of all myself.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather - amen and amen to this. And I totally agree that 2 is company, 3 is a crowd. I've never been into "group" stuff.

This timely article popped into my email this morning: https://introvertdear.com/news/how-social-distancing-has-become-too-social/ Although it's talking about people wanting to be on social media more, I think it also illustrates neighbors wanting to get out and be social with each other more. :D

And you gave me an idea to get my own shopping basket. Thank you. B) I just ordered one from Amazon. Most of the time I'm just picking up a few items and use one of those handcarts anyhow - this way I can know it's adequately cleaned. Sometimes, depending on the store, I can't find one at the front door and end up using a big cart. Ugh.

Plus it will be perfect to keep in the car to set a grocery bag in to keep things from rolling around.

Wore my mask to Walmart. Even with the nose clip, it was a PAIN. Still had fogging glasses. Material became damp. Hard to breathe through although the material is not as thick as a surgical mask. I realized I was touching it all the time! Luckily it was a quick trip. Store wasn't crowded.

Heard a bit of news on the radio that folks somewhere were being tested and there were some (30% if I heard it right) who already had antibodies. It's thought the virus was around for a little bit in that community before anyone realized it? This is purely anecdotal - I don't have a source. It would be great if that's the case however!

For some reason I'm not hungry yet so might end up joining Rebecca for an OMAD day.

Michele
    - hope Vince is OK. Sending hugs your way!

OK ladies, carry on!

Lanette
    Sunny and nice SW WA State
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Michelle, hope hospital calls and you can pick up Vince soon.

Enjoying sunshine and pulling lots of weeds in the yard.
    Betsy in NW WA
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    LANETTE ~ The stores around here are banning the use of bringing your own shopping bags. I guess if yours is a wire basket, they would let you use it.

Carol GA
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    lost a huge post when sleep overcame me.

Machka, my long-time therapist said to look at a dream and try to decide what about you each element of it resembles. So for me, perhaps, a tornado meant the destructive forces in my life that I felt I couldn’t escape. I dreamt that dream repeatedly from my preteen years on. I could never escape the tornado and I woke breathless after dreaming it sucked me up and was pulling me apart. After years of psychological help, in my dream I built a barricade in a garage on my route and the tornado raged outside, then passed, because it couldn’t get me. I never dreamed it again.

The advice on fighting covid-19 poster was hilarious, however, I’ve seen folks post elsewhere who are just dumb enough (unkind, I know, but true!) to take it seriously.

Janetr, they may have been desperate, as you say. Those items, especially the tools, would sell quickly in some areas. I know one of those little carts like that can mean so much for local mobility. Before I lost my weight I was devastated when a couple of heedless grandsons blew up the engine on my gas golf cart. It meant not having to go down to the pool area in my car and trying to find a handicapped parking space. I hope your homeowners’ insurance will help to recover the loss, at least a little.

Rita, that photo of your hand, the bucket, and the laundry is poetic. It has a real beauty that shines not only in the theme, but the composition and color.

Rebecca, how true! Go to those who are able to help. Every family of any real size has that spectrum to some degree, doesn’t it?

Amber, I’m sorry you hurt your wrist again. I know you’re not a youngster, but thankfully you still fall in an age range that heals at somewhat more than a snail’s pace. Does JR worry when he sees an adult fall, or does he figure you’re like him, and a fall only hurts a moment? Thanks for the cartoons and other humor!

Julie Bananas, I’m so glad to hear it probably wasn’t pneumonia. The fatigue of doing nothing can be greater than that of working at a pretty good clip. I’ve found moving around my environment and tidying one thing in each area (Trust me - there are PLENTY to choose from!) helps give me a little exercise, and if I’m lucky, my attention deficit kicks in and one task reminds me of another, and that sends me to another. Few are finished, but they’re one step closer, I feel better, and I’ve had some exercise.

Katla in NW OR! Washington being Washington and Oregon being Oregon, I expect they’ll find a way to hold farmers’ markets or have farm stands open. The outdoor nature of them and making wider aisles would probably let them restrict access and yet have them open. I’m hoping so. There are two rather large ones fairly close by. Summer is icumin in!

SuzyQ! That cat! 😂

Kim from NC - the un identified kindnesses filled up my heart just hearing about them! The vast majority of people are good at heart, just as Anne Frank said in her diary.

Barbara AHMOD! What a terrific idea to re-purpose breast pumps as ventilators! I hope they can put that idea through quickly.

Good thing I lost that huge post. This one is quite long enough. My personal weekend is over, and I need to be at work by 3pm, so I must get my hair washed and get ready to go. Goldie, my cat, is trying her best to keep me pinned in the chair. Sorry, Little Girl! Go out on the sleeping porch with your sis and enjoy the heat and sunshine there! It’s 80° on the porch.

Take care, all of you! I’d miss any member if my wide-world community!

Sharon Near Seattle
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :) I trimmed my bangs with a pair of Fiskars scissors that used to be in my first grade classroom. My bangs look great and feel great.