Imagine if it were no longer available tomorrow: what food item are you hoarding?

Options

Replies

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    eggs and zucchini!
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    True story: In 1929, money disappeared from the countryside of Texas where my father was a young child. His father had raised a crop of sweet potatoes during the summer of 1929 on his farm of 320 acres. At harvest, no buyer could be found. During the winter of 1929-1930, the only food the family (3 people) had was the unsold sweet potatoes and the game my father could harvest on an ammunition budget of 1 .22 Short round per day. I'm stockpiling ammunition and sweet potatoes.

It's amazing that they made it through that ordeal. But, I bet their skin turned orange for all the excess beta carotene!
  • heyjude0225
    heyjude0225 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Cheese.... all the cheese
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Cheese.... all the cheese

Same... but only select varieties
  • MoxyLeigh
    MoxyLeigh Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    <---already grabbed all the cheese while y'all were talkin'
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Shin Black instant soup! I have 6 boxes of 8 cups! Costco is notorious for introducing new, wonderful products and only carrying them for a short period so I stock up.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    MoxyLeigh wrote: »
    <---already grabbed all the cheese while y'all were talkin'

Dibs on the stinky stuff. :D
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Anchovies after the Decapodians ate them all.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    If it were no longer available... I'd be hoarding nutritional yeast! and cocoa powder.
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    If it were no longer available... I'd be hoarding nutritional yeast! and cocoa powder.
    What is your favorite recipe/way to use/eat it?
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Local garlic, sundried tomatoes, red onions, and either Portuguese chicken or jerked fish.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If it's temporary, none. I can live on anything edible (or even live without food) if I know it's temporary. There is no food I can't live without. There are many foods I would rather live with. If it will be gone for good, I will probably be hoarding potatoes or bread.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Same about the nutritional yeast! My favorite brand so far is Simple Truth (Kroger).
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Pancake Mix
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    Sunwarrior virhl0kxjhxg.jpg
    and broccoli-cauliflower mix😁

Me too! I have been using Sunwarrior for years. Best protein I have had
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, cauliflower, leafy greens, chlorella are my tops. Plant protein( Sunwarrior and natiral Pea protein) Avocado and hemp butter
    If I had to pick one thing....... probably hemp.
  • Bananabeats
    Bananabeats Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Seeds! They are hard to come by at the mo due to people planting gardens, which is great! I'd stash a few veggie seeds away so I could keep growing vegetables.
  • TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    Options
    I don’t hoard but should have a spare pack or two of cheapo supermarket brand green tea with lemon, as I can still drink this when I have reflux. I drink masses of tea.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Healthy definitely produce, I eat a lot of it and wouldn't have anything to eat! If I only could have one thing it would be gourmet chocolate, I went through all the chocolate I bought last summer on vacation in two days. Third would be ice cream.