What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm still working, at work. Glad to have my job...glad to 'get' to get out - altho I wish I could have an extra day of "self isolation"...I'm tired. More mentally exhausted than usual.

Being part of an "essential service" has a weird feel...I'm glad to help, and super glad to get my whole pay cheque, and we can't work remotely - but is it worth it?

And I find it strange that the government is finding all this money to cover people, its great, but what about us who have to go out there?

Is it worth it to us? Are we risking our lives because our 'job' is essential, when we could be staying at home with the government $ allowed?

I don't know if I'm being stupid or not in life skills right now
    (tbh, I've been stupid before)

My union is pushing for a pay increase for essential workers, since we are at increased exposure to being infected. I think the virus is not as lethal as we are lead to believe (for young/middle age , healthy adults) but still, if we get infected and have to isolate that's a pain in the *kitten*.

I feel like some people had the virus before it people were aware of it. We had the symptoms, and the docs said "its just a virus". So we rode it out like we would any other. 🤷‍♀️
    My dad had all the symptoms (fever, trouble breathing, etc...) back in Feb. I think I was already exposed and got my antibodies.
    So I am half paranoid that I will get very sick, and half sure I'm fine. Its a very weird feeling.

Also, being an "essential" employee, I am also going to work.... and am the designated grocery shopper for the household. My work is very clean and I rarely see any one. The grocery store, however...... 😬😷

Firstly, be safe. :smile:

And, I heard from a British dr (Dr. John Campbell... he has a YTube channel with daily updates) that CV began last year, hence the 19 in its name.

I never get sick, but was stuck in CA hotels doing interviews late last year (forget the mo exactly... Oct-Dec, I think) for 10-wks. I was that ill... fever/chills, hallucinations, severe coughing to the point that I could not speak. There were several families also stuck in the hotel, too ill to vacate or have housekeeping in for cleaning, same as me.

I got ill while in L.A., then moved out to Palm Springs (100-mi away), thinking the heat would do me good & that I was just worn down. That's where the other guests were ill, meaning, it wasn't 1 hotel but a region as they were already ill with the same when I arrived from L.A.

I'm wondering if that weren't CV (it was definitely some sort of brutal flu)... I've had the flu once as a kid & it didn't last that long. I've also never been ill to that magnitude for 10-wks, where I could barely get out of bed & had such severe hallucinations, it was frightening.

Wow that's pretty intense and scary!!
    I have had the flu before as well, and my fever lasted all of 1.5 days. I was mostly just tired for a week and then fine. I don't usually get sick outside a normal cold and maybe a small cough due to congestion....

That must have been scary for everyone at that hotel. Staff and all the people who were sick. But yeah, what if that was it and a lot of us are freaking out over a virus we already had and are no longer susceptible to? But then again..... what if it wasn't?

I think that unknown has us all paranoid.....

PS - so glad you are feeling much better. ❤
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm still working, at work. Glad to have my job...glad to 'get' to get out - altho I wish I could have an extra day of "self isolation"...I'm tired. More mentally exhausted than usual.

Being part of an "essential service" has a weird feel...I'm glad to help, and super glad to get my whole pay cheque, and we can't work remotely - but is it worth it?

And I find it strange that the government is finding all this money to cover people, its great, but what about us who have to go out there?

Is it worth it to us? Are we risking our lives because our 'job' is essential, when we could be staying at home with the government $ allowed?

I don't know if I'm being stupid or not in life skills right now
    (tbh, I've been stupid before)

My union is pushing for a pay increase for essential workers, since we are at increased exposure to being infected. I think the virus is not as lethal as we are lead to believe (for young/middle age , healthy adults) but still, if we get infected and have to isolate that's a pain in the *kitten*.

I feel like some people had the virus before it people were aware of it. We had the symptoms, and the docs said "its just a virus". So we rode it out like we would any other. 🤷‍♀️
    My dad had all the symptoms (fever, trouble breathing, etc...) back in Feb. I think I was already exposed and got my antibodies.
    So I am half paranoid that I will get very sick, and half sure I'm fine. Its a very weird feeling.

Also, being an "essential" employee, I am also going to work.... and am the designated grocery shopper for the household. My work is very clean and I rarely see any one. The grocery store, however...... 😬😷

Firstly, be safe. :smile:

And, I heard from a British dr (Dr. John Campbell... he has a YTube channel with daily updates) that CV began last year, hence the 19 in its name.

I never get sick, but was stuck in CA hotels doing interviews late last year (forget the mo exactly... Oct-Dec, I think) for 10-wks. I was that ill... fever/chills, hallucinations, severe coughing to the point that I could not speak. There were several families also stuck in the hotel, too ill to vacate or have housekeeping in for cleaning, same as me.

I got ill while in L.A., then moved out to Palm Springs (100-mi away), thinking the heat would do me good & that I was just worn down. That's where the other guests were ill, meaning, it wasn't 1 hotel but a region as they were already ill with the same when I arrived from L.A.

I'm wondering if that weren't CV (it was definitely some sort of brutal flu)... I've had the flu once as a kid & it didn't last that long. I've also never been ill to that magnitude for 10-wks, where I could barely get out of bed & had such severe hallucinations, it was frightening.

Wow that's pretty intense and scary!!
    I have had the flu before as well, and my fever lasted all of 1.5 days. I was mostly just tired for a week and then fine. I don't usually get sick outside a normal cold and maybe a small cough due to congestion....

That must have been scary for everyone at that hotel. Staff and all the people who were sick. But yeah, what if that was it and a lot of us are freaking out over a virus we already had and are no longer susceptible to? But then again..... what if it wasn't?

I think that unknown has us all paranoid.....

PS - so glad you are feeling much better. ❤

TYVM, I'm fine & fortunately, rarely get ill. :smile:

Last night I read that S Korea & China are reporting 60-100 cases each of people who've become re-infected with the virus (that's only from those patients who were tested & diagnosed once before), so who knows how all this will manifest & end. Surely there are more, who may not have even been tested, but recovered & are ill again.

In my uneducated opinion, I guess the best course of action is only to go out if direly necessary (essential food/meds/work) & stay the Valhalla inside for a month or more so we can all stop spreading or catching the virus. Each day, more are infected... it takes 4-5 days for most to manifest symptoms & another week before they're in the height of symptoms, according to Dr. John Campbell (he's got a YTube channel).

I've even stopped walking outside, even though few are out & about. Besides, I don't have a mask & have no idea where they'd be in stock at this late date... & last week when I went to the market without one, the hostility was so severe, I thought they'd chase me to my car with sticks.

I plan to just stay indoors, going onto my patio for a bit of fresh air now & again & waiting 'til I run out of food before I venture out... that's a month.

Stay safe.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    spade117 wrote: »
    Maybe we need to start a virtual happy hour.

Some friends and I have been doing this on Saturday nights the past 3 weeks. Did a power hour (actually 3 of them) the first night, and a trivia night this past weekend.

Family Feud was this past weekend.
  • Anahita4444
    Anahita4444 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What's on my mind is that I have to do an assignment for uni that I'm really procrastinating about...the least I could do is go for a long walk...but instead I'm doing neither thing !

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Crickets....
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That I wish I had better things to do versus looking through the forums :(
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Went to the grocery store. I went to a different one than normal..... same store, different location.
    It was creepy. I won't be going back there. I have never felt creeped out there before but wow...... 😳

No one was talking. No phone conversations, no kids, no chatting, nothing. People in masks rushing around following the arrows on the floor for the right way to go. None of the other locations had arrows!! I thought I was gonna get yelled at or kicked out cuz I went the wrong way..... 😬
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Went to the grocery store. I went to a different one than normal..... same store, different location.
    It was creepy. I won't be going back there. I have never felt creeped out there before but wow...... 😳

No one was talking. No phone conversations, no kids, no chatting, nothing. People in masks rushing around following the arrows on the floor for the right way to go. None of the other locations had arrows!! I thought I was gonna get yelled at or kicked out cuz I went the wrong way..... 😬

Life has become so bizarre.
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

I haven't seen the inside of a grocery store (or any store) for three weeks. I guess this is what I have to look forward to? 🙁 Life just doesn't feel real at the moment. I feel like I'm living in a bad dream I can't wake up from.
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That why we do things that we know we shouldn't and vice versa.
  • baebabu
    baebabu Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    i don't think I'll ever be truly happy
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I took a photograph during my last trip to the grocery store .......

r6a4itks6lux.jpg

This is how I feel walking empty aisles
    😂
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm worried, probably for nothing. Yesterday I noticed a freind had deactivated thier fb profile and normally that wouldn't send too many alarms as maybe they're tired of social media or got caught cheating or whatever but tornadoes touched down in the area they are living and I just hope it wasn't deleted because they're dead or hurt or something happened to thier home or loved ones. I'll hear about it eventually if it's bad (my small home town knows all) but I'm worried. I hope it's just run of the mill drama and not anything serious.

Firstly, I hope your friend is okay.

I've noticed a lot of people are currently off social media and/or don't email/call as often. We're all a little on edge of late & worried about health/finances/family. You can even see a marked drop off here. The forum is almost as empty as the bread aisles at stores.

:heart:
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I'm worried, probably for nothing. Yesterday I noticed a freind had deactivated thier fb profile and normally that wouldn't send too many alarms as maybe they're tired of social media or got caught cheating or whatever but tornadoes touched down in the area they are living and I just hope it wasn't deleted because they're dead or hurt or something happened to thier home or loved ones. I'll hear about it eventually if it's bad (my small home town knows all) but I'm worried. I hope it's just run of the mill drama and not anything serious.

Firstly, I hope your friend is okay.

I've noticed a lot of people are currently off social media and/or don't email/call as often. We're all a little on edge of late & worried about health/finances/family. You can even see a marked drop off here. The forum is almost as empty as the bread aisles at stores.

:heart:

Ya I've noticed that too and I think it's more likely that that is the case. I'm just a person who worries too much.