What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: Vent post below.

Some folks need to learn to diffuse a bit better... perhaps more exercise at home... myself included.

I went out at 5:30am for mail, assuming no one else would be out at that hour. While walking on the narrow sidewalk, adjacent to the highway, a woman came walking towards me with a huge dog. There's barely 3' width of sidewalk, but 25' width of grass on her side, so I assumed she'd move into the grass as her dog was obviously sniffing for a place to 'go'... if not, I'd have to step into the street (highway, actually) with a fair amount of traffic on a foggy, still dark morning. No, I'm not risking stepping into traffic, when she could simply take 2 steps to her right, into a huge grassy area, where she & most dog walkers, eventually move into anyway.

As she got about 10' from me, I asked if she could move into the grass, cuz she's the one with the dog, all 3 of us can't pass on the sidewalk cuz it's too narrow & I didn't want to step into traffic or cross passed her to step into the grass with dog droppings... she's got the dog, if anyone's going to step in dog pee, it should be her, imo. She misunderstood & said, "No, you're okay" thinking I was asking her if she wanted me to move into the grass... honestly, I was more irritated that she thought I was asking her permission. So, I said, "No, YOU'RE not okay. Move over & walk your dog in the grass." Admittedly... I probably shouldn't have said it with hostility.

She instead pulled her dog out of the grass & onto the sidewalk to take up the entire sidewalk, so I had to step onto the road & then said in disgust, "Stupid". I was then barraged with the B-word, C-word & non-stop yelling for a full 2-min. I was 20' passed her & she was still swearing at me. Lol.

Her cursing storm actually made me laugh. I was in the wrong, cuz earlier I could have walked across her & her dog's path into the grass, when it was obvious she wasn't going to make room, but I'm stubbornly cranky... & stunned when she virtually forced me off the sidewalk & into the street.

I need to stay indoors or go for mail at 4am next week.

But, I also don't regret calling her stupid, even though I got barraged with gnarly words.
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I'm still working, at work. Glad to have my job...glad to 'get' to get out - altho I wish I could have an extra day of "self isolation"...I'm tired. More mentally exhausted than usual.

Being part of an "essential service" has a weird feel...I'm glad to help, and super glad to get my whole pay cheque, and we can't work remotely - but is it worth it?

And I find it strange that the government is finding all this money to cover people, its great, but what about us who have to go out there?

Is it worth it to us? Are we risking our lives because our 'job' is essential, when we could be staying at home with the government $ allowed?

I don't know if I'm being stupid or not in life skills right now
    (tbh, I've been stupid before)

you should be allowed more flex/stress days IMO, under circumstances like this.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    My internet is zipping along so fast I can barely keep up, that’s new.
    I’m sure it’s temporary, 😂
  • ZenDream
    ZenDream Posts: 208 Member
    Options

And so it begins...
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    ZenDream wrote: »

And so it begins...

Stop, you’re scaring me! 😂🥺😂
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Why can't I get my eating under control? Even without buying junk from the store, I still can't seem to get away from sugary things, carbohydrates in large quantities and *kitten* I really don't need.

If I want it, I just make it myself.. but I just get fatter. Ugh!
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    The amount of weight training I’ve been doing out of boredom these days you’d think I’d look like Hercules by now, but na.

• PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    The amount of weight training I’ve been doing out of boredom these days you’d think I’d look like Hercules by now, but na.

With the amount of running just to be outside youd think I'd be a beanpole 😒 damn you plateau
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    I slept so well last night & for so long (from 10pm-9am), I swear I woke up, thought I'd perished & was in a Pergatory waiting room... only half kidding.

As a lifelong troubled sleeper, I can count on 1 hand how many times I've woken up feeling refreshed and/or sans headache. Uh, that's new, but I'll take it.

So... this is what normal people feel like most mornings... I'm ragefully jealous. :smirk::smile:
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I woke up feeling so emotionally and physically drained. I can’t wrap my head around what’s going on and how people are reacting to it. Everyday I see my employees fear of us slimming down even though we’re assuring them their job is safe. I hate what we have become as a society. Sorry I had to vent.
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Remember that time when you went into your clients closet and it was creepy and dark and suddenly you hear a loud "psssst" and you're blinded by something and your arms start swinging cuz you think you're being attacked but suddenly it smells so beautiful and you realize it was an electronic air freshener 😆
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

With the amount of running just to be outside youd think I'd be a beanpole 😒 damn you plateau

With the amount of sweets I've been eating you'd think I'd look like a Mexican Endgame Thor 😬
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    I woke up feeling so emotionally and physically drained. I can’t wrap my head around what’s going on and how people are reacting to it. Everyday I see my employees fear of us slimming down even though we’re assuring them their job is safe. I hate what we have become as a society. Sorry I had to vent.

Venting allowed. :smile: We all have strong vs vulnerable days.

I'm sorry for your challenges. It sounds like your employees are only venting. I'm sure they mostly feel lucky to have you. :smile:
    Remember that time when you went into your clients closet and it was creepy and dark and suddenly you hear a loud "psssst" and you're blinded by something and your arms start swinging cuz you think you're being attacked but suddenly it smells so beautiful and you realize it was an electronic air freshener 😆

Lol. Unless you're a closet organizing professional... I'd love the hear the stories that begin with you finding yourself inside a client's dark, creepy closet. :grimace:
  • _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    Options

Venting allowed. :smile: We all have strong vs vulnerable days.

I'm sorry for your challenges. It sounds like your employees are only venting. I'm sure they mostly feel lucky to have you. :smile:

Lol. Unless you're a closet organizing professional... I'd love the hear the stories that begin with you finding yourself inside a client's dark, creepy closet. :grimace:

I care for people that suffer with Dementia/Alzheimers. I was in there trying to locate old photo albums to do some memory care activities with them. :)

Not the answer you were expecting, right? 😂
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Currently on my mind.....

What happens if the managers name is also Karen ?
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I hope Karen outKarens Karen. I can’t stand that obsequious customer is always right *kitten*.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I hope Karen outKarens Karen. I can’t stand that obsequious customer is always right *kitten*.

I see it as a clash of bad haircuts.