Saxenda

Replies

• Pilatuna
    Pilatuna Posts: 8 Member
    I just finished my third week on Saxenda at 1.8 dose. It was a disappointing week. I did not loose any weight
  • mlwillis30
    mlwillis30 Posts: 1 Member
    I have been on Saxenda since January 29th and I have lost 25 lbs so far. However, the last three weeks there has been little movement on the scale. I also notice that it is not suppressing my hunger as well anymore. I have been on the 3 ml dose for some time now. I am wondering if anyone has ever stopped taking it for a week or so and then restarted to try and jumpstart the weight loss and effects of the medication. Anyone?
  • Cindy_2013
    Cindy_2013 Posts: 9 Member
    katiew1414 wrote: »
    Question for those of you from Canada - are any of you from Manitoba? I'm having a hard time finding a doctor who will prescribe Saxenda for me. They keep telling me that they don't believe in diet medication...

HI Katie, did you find a doctor? I am in Manitoba (Winnipeg) and my doctor has prescribed it to me "Dr. Stephen Coyle"
  • mikeygunshotz
    mikeygunshotz Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Hello, my name is Mikey and i am interested in Saxenda. I would just like to know how much it would cost for a 1 month supply on the max dosage? My pharmacy says its $450 for 5 pens.
  • docmomtiredAF
    docmomtiredAF Posts: 1 Member
    Has anyone had sweating with using Saxenda?
  • bp1423
    bp1423 Posts: 1 Member
    I been on Saxenda for a week and I have lost 9 pounds...1500 calorie diet, no sickness no pain. Drinking water. I tested this medicine. I ate a lot of food and I lost more weight lol. All & all this medicine works amazingly
  • anacepeda
    anacepeda Posts: 15 Member
    I completed the 2nd week 2 days ago and moved up to 1.8. Weighted myself today and lost 6lbs (2.9 kgs).
    I feel stuffed for a couple of days everytime the dose goes up but even on hungrier days I eat way less at meals, I feel like this medicine helped my stomach adapt to smaller portions.
    I'm really grateful, this is the best tool I ever had :)
  • hilz09
    hilz09 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2018
    I stated Saxenda on Aug 7th. On does 2.4 i got a massive hive on the injection sight. The hives are massive and only where ever I inject. I decreased the dose twice and i'm still getting the hives. My doctor told me to stop it until I see him next week. I'm so disappointed because this drug has really helped me feel full for the first time in my life. Has anyone else gotten hives? If so did they go away? Please and thank you for your replies.
  • cpkretz1
    cpkretz1 Posts: 10 Member
    I am thinking about trying out Saxenda, but I am concerned about long term implications. I had a lap band that was great for 6 years, but then it went bad and I had to have it removed. I am currently the fattest I've ever been in my life and I am very concerned. One of the worst things for me is that I work from home so I have minimal movement and food is immediately accessible. Let me know your thoughts on the drug.
  • srw19761976
    srw19761976 Posts: 1 Member
    I was on this a few months ago but had to stop because of the diarrhea. Any one else have the same problem? Oh and I also had sulphur like burps that stunk up the room. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about starting up again but wanted to know if anyone else has had the same side effects and were able to cope.
  • Elobeans
    Elobeans Posts: 2 Member
    Has anyone had sweating with using Saxenda?

Hi, not sure if you're still waiting on an answer, but when I first started I had night sweats and it was really scary. Once my body got used to the injection though, this stoped - it happened for about 3 nights.
  • Elobeans
    Elobeans Posts: 2 Member
    I stupidly started my second pen over Christmas so took some days off so I could eat more... (naughty I know!) butI still have half a pen left and the 30 days is up tomorrow... I know I probably shouldn't ask this but has anyone used the pen after the 30 days use-by-date? I was wondering basically if it's just that it becomes not as effective, or if it goes toxic... obviously one is very bad...

also, I know, I know... i'm stupid. But they are so expensive and it seems such a waste to bin it!

• jennyramsey78
    jennyramsey78 Posts: 1 Member
    I am on my second attempt of Saxenda. How do you make yourself eat when you are so nauseated? That's why I stopped last time. I got to a certain point where the thought of eating made me sick.
  • Elly5162
    Elly5162 Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi I started Saxenda yesterday and I get the sweats on and off during the day .. no nausea as yet but I drink a lot of water :smiley: drhealthyweight this is for you :smile:
  • smethe89
    smethe89 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m also at almost one week taking saxenda. Still at the lowest dose but seeing results. I hope I can continue. Anyone can feel free to follow/friend request or whatever to help keep us both accountable 🙂
  • astefanyshyn
    astefanyshyn Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I just started Saxenda about a week and a half ago, I have noticed a huge difference; I am still on the lowest dose and am having a really hard time eating, I am just not hungry or feel sick when I do eat... anyone have the same problem or advice???
    I don’t want to quit because it is working and I’m not hungry but I still need to intake calories to be healthy!
  • akcornish2
    akcornish2 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi guys, my dr started me on Saxenda today but he’s prescribed it to me once a week.. all the research tells me it has to be taken daily??! I questioned him and he said definitely once a week. What do I do from here? Basically I’m going to waste a *kitten* tonne of money for nothing if I follow his instructions...
  • morgannblake
    morgannblake Posts: 1 Member
    Anyone still on it? I just started last night.
  • phatdivabbw
    phatdivabbw Posts: 24 Member
    I've been on Sax since Nov 2019. I've lost 20lbs. :)
  • mummymarnie
    mummymarnie Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I'm thinking of trying this. Has anyone ever taken this before bedtime to stop nausea etc.. has this worked if so ? 👍