What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Did an upper today as I had the privilege of touching some heavy weights for the first time in 3 weeks and omg my numbers are NOT what they were. Beware, my weight-lifting friends.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,763 Member
    Options
    Five short 11-minute bursts (extra 1 minute warmup each) on the stationary bike at higher resistance.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    My hour of fast intervals today on the rower. Only got in like 12 reps this week (or 13, I forget). I had to wait around for an ADT tech to fix my back door alert that kept setting off our alarm in the middle of the night (quite scary if you think there's a break in!). Last week I got in like 20 reps, so I think starting an hour later made a difference. I do a 5 minute W/U, then 25 hard strokes as fast as I can go, let HR settle back down to 140 while paddling fairly slow and repeat when it hits 140 again. 12K+ meters for the hour but less number of sets. My sets might have also been a bit faster. Nearly hit 40 SPM a few times (really fast rowing) and around low 1:40s. Haven't seen those kind of numbers in a while. Roughly 900 calories burned.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    This is a step back week, so I'm doing a bike and run threshold test. Tonight was an FTP test on the bike. 60 minute session. First thirty minutes was various warmup efforts, then a twenty minute threshold test and then cooldown. Glad its over. :)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I did chest and arms today:
    Dynamic stretches
    Band stuff
    Row sprints
    Overhead press
    Bent over rows
    Bench
    Dips
    Curls
    Hanging leg raises
    Yoga

It was a 2 hour session.

Of the three main lifts, benching has always been my worst by far. This was, by my low standards, a decent effort on my part - I got 5 sets of 5 using 60kgs, @64 kgs bodyweight.

It's not a PB, but I was a lot heavier when I got my PB. So it is a PB as a % of bodyweight.
  • cbenno97
    cbenno97 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    4 mile walk
    Three rounds of:
    50 double jumps
    20 tricep dips
    75 lunges
    2 minute walk sits
    20 pushups
    20 split jumps

I'm used to working out of the gym, so it's been a nice change up to do this workout outside since my Brooklyn apartment is not big enough. That being said, I keep having to cross my fingers that no one takes my workout spot since there are a lot of overzealous dog walkers in the area I've staked out!
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    Ended up starting Beach Body on Demand last night. My daughter was supposed to do it with me but decided to run instead since it was such a beautiful night here. I had thoughts of P90X or Body Beast but ended up doing a Tony Horton series called Great Bodies or something like that and a 30 minute workout called "Thin Legs". It was basically a 30 minute tape of body weight leg exercises. It felt quite hard enough after my row and then I finished the night with 100 pushups and around 60 pressups with each arm.
  • alexmose
    Options
    Legs and abs. Trying to motivate myself to go for a couple walks and a core workout later....
  • lilac12321
    lilac12321 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lower body day today, focusing on glutes. I did each exercise for at least 3 sets, but more if I could stand it (for example I probably did more like 12 sets of the hip thrusts). Total workout took around an hour.

-hip thrusts (using 60lb sandbag as weight)
    -squats (wearing a backpack containing a 50lb sandbag)
    -froggers (using a 20lb kitty litter jug)
    -hip abductions (using hipcircle band)
    -bulgarian split squats (just with bodyweight)
    -single leg hip thrusts (using a 20lb kitty litter jug)
    -glute kickbacks (using hipcircle band)
    -single leg reverse deadlifts (using a 20lb kittylitter jug in each hand)
    -reverse hyperextensions (with belly on a piano bench and using a hipcircle band)
    -calf raises
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,401 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Today 35 minutes barre class (in which I did something to my knee) during lunch break and tonight a 5km run. I wanted to run slow to finally build a bit more endurance again as 5km is currently the longest I manage. Well.. the first 580m were within 75% HRmax. Most of the run was at around 83-86% despite not being fast. So when I was done I was rather out of breath :D Oh yeah, I know what my HRmax is approximately. So yes, I should not have run today. Still enjoyed it mostly :)
  • ajb2261
    ajb2261 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Looking at all these workouts, I have only ran around in my garden with my children and then done a 10min HiiT workout that was on YouTube
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    225 push-ups (sets of 20-50 varied throughout the day)
    curls
    40 mins elliptical
    Probably some lengthy walk this evening
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    30 minute stretch "workout", 2 dog walks over 1 km each.
    Easy day today- slept poorly and am very sore.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Rowed an hour. Getting hotter outside. Might have to move to earlier in AM soon. Over 70 degrees today.

It was an easy row but I'm pretty sore from my leg workout last night, though it wasn't that hard -- all body weight stuff for a half hour (not like lifting trees! ;) ), but I did do a double workout yesterday, so I needed an easy row today.
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yoga. Hiit cardio and core.
    Lots of jumping stuff. :)
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    TRX Total Body Circuit and treadmill sprints.
    Shaping up to be a beautiful day outside so I plan to take the dog for a 5km walk this evening. First day seeing double digits so far in 2020!
  • cbenno97
    cbenno97 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    4.7 mile walk
    40 minute Nike Training Club Kickboxing workout in the park (I really love this app and have been using it for a while.)
  • alexmose
    Options
    CX Work, 2 mi run, some walking and maybe a HIIT or core session later
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,401 Member
    Options
    I did a session of poweryoga and leg/hip stretching today over lunch. Just now I was getting restless and felt I needed to get out once more (for the third time, btw). Running? Nah, didn't feel like it. So I grabbed me wee skateboard and skated up, and then down the gentle sloping, 600m long road in front of my flat. Well, that was the plan. As I tried to get over a manhole cover instead of going around it. Lets say I did get over. So now my chronically bruised and otherwise injured left knee is rather red and sticky again (plus my palms, but that's minor). I seem to be left-knee-ed when it comes to falls and other stupid injuries. :D