What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Friday.

60min PT, running and using benches along the river. My arm is still not 100% so we concentrated fully on the legs, I reckon just about every muscle got a grilling with the various split squats, knee repeaters, hill sprints, leg extensions and more. (Total of 1.5 miles run)

Then any that may have escaped the torture were hit in total body conditioning. As I cant do arm work I got to hold a plank for just about forever. Also managed to progress my leg raises from hands stacked at top of bum (head/shoulders lifted off floor, both legs) to hands by sides, even managed to lift my head and shoulders for a few.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    9/13
    am
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (11 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - GTG
    *On a Yoga Block
    5 x 3 (15)
    Pull-ups - GTG
    5 x 6 (30)
    Cossack Squat w/10lbs Medicine Ball- GTG
    5 x 8 (40)
    Conditioning
    Jump Rope - 45s on 15s off x 15
    Meditate
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Today, it will be a 45 minute spin class. Posting in advance for accountability :)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    12 September
    Indoor rower, 4 sets of 1k with 3 minutes rest. Best time 1.59.
    Then I got a short-ish hike in the afternoon.

13 September
    16 mile hike with around 3,000 feet ascent in the Brecon Beacons.

86iti1m4nxwz.jpg
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Lunch time Cardio = 30 min. Elliptical
    After work: Back and Tri / All super sets w/ 1 min rest in between sets for a total of 28 sets (16 Sets for Back, 12 sets for Tri)
    After Lifting 30 min, Stationary Bike
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2019
    @ drmwc -- that's really pretty. Great for you taking in the outdoors. I don't do that enough!

Today was my "normal" - 460 deadlifts @ around 80 lbs each, 16 reps per minute, consecutive for 27 minutes. Then, I rested 3 minutes and did it again. It's called indoor rowing.

And this is why I don't ever get embarrassed losing on my indoor rowing times to women in my club. The World Indoor Rowing games (the Urban Games, the Indoor Rowing version of the Cross Fit games) are going on and three of the top females in the world are all in my club. Olena B just put out nearly 900 Watts on a max Watt test. She's also a model. Olena is the current indoor WR holder -- sub 6:30 2K, which was once thought impossible for a female rower.

Pavel S is her boyfriend. He just put on a show with nearly 1300 Watts.

https://www.facebook.com/worldrowingindoor/?tn-str=k*F&hc_location=group_dialog
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    90 minutes on TrainerRoad with Zwift on in another window and youtube on on the TV for amusement that didn't require the cable box to be on. Not so shockingly enough, having the cable box off meant zero drop outs from my power meter...for 90 minutes. The culprit has been confirmed.

LWF9C255Ahmg2cYQaDyxsqHUt33tUECmL-FDr8HKzYY-2048x1365.jpg
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    60 minute Krav Maga conditioning class. LOTS of pushups.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Surfed for an hour today with a buddy, always wonderful to get out in the ocean, have fun and get a good workout!
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    1 mile walk and calisthenics for warmup
    Squats 5x5
    Bench 5x3
    DB row 5x5
    66 burpees
    66 med ball slams
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Around 7 miles on bike to and from bootcamp.

50min bootcamp, included far too many burpees, some running, a game of volleyball (I happen to be pants at volleyball) and some abs.

3.5mile walk checking out the route I'm planning to run home from my race tomorrow.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    30 mile bike ride. :)
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Oh man, those hike photos make me want to get out on one myself! The best form of exercise imho. And the feeling after!

I think I'll just be rounding out today with 20 or 30 minutes on the elliptical at my crappy apartment gym. Enjoying a sort of lazy Saturday and don't feel like braving the traffic to my real gym, but if I exercise today it's the first week I've done 5 days of workouts in ages! I've been stuck at 3-4 days of workouts a week for the last few years which was always a little less than I'd like, but I've recently had some life/career changes that have made it possible. It feels good to focus on myself for a bit!
  • soniasharma2
    soniasharma2 Posts: 15 Member
    Iron mile!
    1.2 mile w/ a 65lbs barbell across shoulders (400m uphill/400 downhill x 2)
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Iron mile!
    1.2 mile w/ a 65lbs barbell across shoulders (400m uphill/400 downhill x 2)

Did you time it? Nice job training outside the box.
  • Walked a mile and then did a bunch of ab work. I'm sort of proud of doing this as it feels like a dream.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    13ish km in stroke seat in a (mostly) novice 4. That included a 5k simulated race on the race course of our home regatta. It was my first time in stroke in a sweep boat for a very long time and yeah....I am very good at keeping the rate steady but I've forgotten how to quickly get up to said rate. I also started out rushy my which, yeah - I need to and can work on that. And I need to work on my ratio and and and. Though there were some reallllly good strokes where my ratio was amazing. Like, "remember how that felt so you can remember how to do that" amazing.

For those of you who don't row on the water (most of you), the person in stroke seat is the person in the stern most seat of the shell (boat). They set the rate and rhythm and part of the job of everyone else is to follow the person in stroke [seat]. Ratio refers to the amount of time spent on the recovery (when you oar isn't in the water) vs the drive (when your oar is in the water). You want the recovery to be longer than the drive.

Oh also @AnnPT77 - apparently my rowing club used to have the person in bow in quads also make all of the calls. My friend, who is the former college rower who is under the age of 50, mentioned that no one could hear him during pieces because the sound of the oars was simply too loud.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    Rain out on Friday, rowed a quad (in bow) on Saturday for around the usual 7k-ish distance.
    aokoye wrote: »
    13ish km in stroke seat in a (mostly) novice 4. That included a 5k simulated race on the race course of our home regatta. It was my first time in stroke in a sweep boat for a very long time and yeah....I am very good at keeping the rate steady but I've forgotten how to quickly get up to said rate. I also started out rushy my which, yeah - I need to and can work on that. And I need to work on my ratio and and and. Though there were some reallllly good strokes where my ratio was amazing. Like, "remember how that felt so you can remember how to do that" amazing.

Probably old news to you, but two things that help me with ratio in stroke (other than continuously counting, lips moving even, every single time I sit stroke :lol: !): Thinking about letting the boat do the recovery (relax and let the boat glide under me), and (related concept) thinking in terms of the drive phase creating the stroke rating, i.e., more power on the drive means the boat is pried past the blade more quickly (shorter drive time), and the boat goes faster, so the faster boat makes the recovery automatically happen faster, thus those things fit more strokes into every minute. This isn't literally all true at race pace or up-rated pieces . . . but usually the adrenaline, at least in a real race, tends to take care of the necessary adjustment IME. ;)
    Oh also @AnnPT77 - apparently my rowing club used to have the person in bow in quads also make all of the calls. My friend, who is the former college rower who is under the age of 50, mentioned that no one could hear him during pieces because the sound of the oars was simply too loud.

They can hear me. Trust me. Even when a freight train is running right there on the river bank to our left, plus it's windy, they can hear me. :lol::lol::lol: