Women 200lb+, Let's Be Adaptable This April!!!

Options

Replies

• cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Sundays are the day that I put my week ahead in order.

You are Awesome!! :)
  • cesse47
    Options
    @torihudson6 & @pamiede -- you might want to check out YouTube for workouts. They have everything you can imagine from walking (try Leslie Sansone) to bellydancing, Zumba to ballet, pilaties to chair exercises, yoga to Tai Chi, jump rope to weights, and scaled to various abilities.

I love Richard Simmons Stretchin' to the Classics. 15 min, full body stretches, Richard does NOT talk, classic music is wonderful.

I use Leslie Sansone walking video and she had several beginner ones for me to choose from. I've seen some of the more advanced ... pretty awesome.

I also have two chair exercises ... one is Chair Yoga, The other is general and includes a bit of light weight lifting for the arms.

If nothing else, it will give you a couple of choices for days when you're not able to get outside.
  • cesse47
    Options
    Check-in:
    SW 230.78 lbs (16/03/2020) 104.9 Kgs
    06/04 99.4 Kgs 218.68 -12.1 lbs (-5.5 kgs)
    13/04 98.9 Kgs 217.58 - 13.2 lbs (-6 kgs)
    20/04 97.6 Kgs 214.72 - -16.6 Lbs (-7,3 kgs)

Happy! Its Monday, lets all have an awesome week! Good luck everyone!

Great loss ... keep up the good work!!
  • cesse47
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Hi All!

I love reading everyone’s posts. We are truly a family of friends. 🥰

Height: 5’8 1/2”
    SW April 13, 2020: 229.8
    First GW 199
    Second GW 185

April 13: 229.8
    April 15: 228.4 ... down 1.4 pounds 🐕
    April 20: 227.4 ... down 2.4 pounds 🐕

Happy Monday!
    Today in Michigan will be a high of 56 degrees and sunny. Time to cut the grass and do yard work in the sunshine. ☀️

Roxie and I took a nice 1 mile walk yesterday, and she came home and slept for the rest of the afternoon. With everyone home I continued the Mt. Everest laundry piles. 🏔

Enjoy your day!
    ❤️Jill

Nice Loss ... WTG!! Michigander here as well ... hoping to get out today; yesterday was too darn windy for me because of my allergies.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    @rpbarkernc: Your body may be building muscle and so weighs the same as it did, but muscle takes up less space than fat. Often I have found that the scale will hold steady or barely trickle a pound off in three weeks, but I am suddenly and comfortably in a size smaller pair of jeans. Then, too, plateaus happen. I'm in one. I've been at 271 for three weeks now. I know that it will move because I'm eating at a deficit, but in its own time.
  • cesse47
    Options
    rpbarkernc wrote: »
    Hey guys! I have a question. I was losing weight and on a great trend for weeks and then my period came, I gained about a pound and a half during it which I know is normal. I continued working out daily, eating within my calories, and on my usual grind knowing that once my period ends I would be back to normal but here it is 3 days after my period ended and while the weight from during my period came off the scale is not budging. I haven’t lost even an ounce from my pre-period weight. Any thoughts or suggestions on why it’s not moving? I’m getting a little frustrated because I’m working so hard,

My recommendation --- Go back to basics

1) Weigh & Measure. Use a scale, measuring cups and spoons. If you haven't been really strict about weighing and measuring, it may make a difference. If nothing else, it will help you feel you are taking back control.

2) Measure yourself. If you haven't done so, measure your body and log in the sections on the Weigh-In page. If you have measured previously, measure again and enter to see if you've lost inches.

3) Pictures -- do you have a picture of yourself at your heaviest? If not, take some ... one of your face, a full frontal in tight clothes, and a side view. If someone can take one for you, take a back view as well. If you took pictures initially, take again and compare. Many times our minds don't "see" what is obvious to a camera.

4) Plateau -- recognize that we all hit a plateau now and then. Surf through the various message boards. Most have a pinned thread for Most Helpful Posts. Read through some of those. Many can be very helpful. Different things can help break a plateau; drinking more water, choosing foods that have lower carbs, not eating back your exercise calories, etc. By trying different things, you may find one or two that work for you.

Good Luck. :)