The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Pretty quiet in here lately. Say howdy!

Looking like Idaho will start the first phase of reopening businesses on May 1 or thereabouts. 🤞I need some gym time!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Hope everyone is surviving the Coronapocalypse!

Life is good here. Hopefully we're headed down the downslope of the peak of cases here. But we're all being cautious. Don't want to rush things and have a fresh outbreak.

Stay fit and sane everyone
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    At this time, one additional fear of aging is the Coronavirus. It appears to be more fatal to the elderly than to younger persons.
  • AliNouveau
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    At this time, one additional fear of aging is the Coronavirus. It appears to be more fatal to the elderly than to younger persons.

As with most flu like illnesses. It's usually because there are underlying conditions. If.touee healthy then you should be able to fight it off. Part of the reason I keep fit. I'm on the downward slope to 50 and take no meds for anything and have no underlying conditions. I'm hoping to keep it that way by staying fit. It's the fountain of youth
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    I felt terrible yesterday, and failed to exercise (I've been doing around 6 days a week since lockdown started).

I collapsed at the end of the day, and slept to 10.5 hours or so. I feel good today, so will lift some weight this evening.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,246 Member
    Managed to get an extra long walk in today 5 1/2miles yippee
  • TonyB0588
    AliNouveau wrote: »

As with most flu like illnesses. It's usually because there are underlying conditions. If.touee healthy then you should be able to fight it off. Part of the reason I keep fit. I'm on the downward slope to 50 and take no meds for anything and have no underlying conditions. I'm hoping to keep it that way by staying fit. It's the fountain of youth

Congrats on maintaining your youth. You're sliding towards 50. I'm steadily moving away from the other side of 50.

Your comments are very valid though.
  • AliNouveau

Congrats on maintaining your youth. You're sliding towards 50. I'm steadily moving away from the other side of 50.

I curl with people who are over 80! You would never guess they are that age. They're miles on the other side of 50 but they certainly aren't going down without a fight. Not to mention the 75+ ladies I skate with who have new hips and knees. One in the summer swims every day to the middle of the lake her cottage is on and back. I want to be these people when I grow up
  • petegurd29
    petegurd29 Posts: 6 Member
    As a now 50 year old I am popping up to say hi, hoping you are all safe and well, and if you want to add me feel free. UK based, active diary and constantly positive :-)
  • alteredsteve175

I curl with people who are over 80! You would never guess they are that age. They're miles on the other side of 50 but they certainly aren't going down without a fight. Not to mention the 75+ ladies I skate with who have new hips and knees. One in the summer swims every day to the middle of the lake her cottage is on and back. I want to be these people when I grow up

@TonyB0588 and @AliNouveau - Great points about the benefits of staying generally fit as you age. I'm another 60+ year old who isn't going down without a fight. Your posts inspire me! Thank you.

• AliNouveau

@TonyB0588 and @AliNouveau - Great points about the benefits of staying generally fit as you age. I'm another 60+ year old who isn't going down without a fight. Your posts inspire me! Thank you.

Good for you!!! I can't tell you how many times I've been chatting with these people and they let the info about their ages drop and I reply that's not possible. Heck I've a friend who won't tell me his age but he's alluded to the fact he's pushing 90!!!! This guy is amazing. Had to give up skating due to balance issues so took up ballroom dancing haha.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    I'm not even quite barely hardly almost but not really okay maybe in my mid-50s. I was taking a canoe off my roof on Sunday by the river and heard someone else near me doing the same thing saying, "This thing was lighter back when I was 70."

Funny thing was, I recognized his voice. I couldn't recognize him before that because he was wearing his bandit outfit (bandana). I called his name, and he responded. I hadn't seen him in a few years, and we had a nice catch-up. He's no longer doing things like rowing the Grand Canyon, but he's still getting down the Lower Owyhee and such. And hefting a tandem canoe on/off the racks from the shell of a pickup. To be sure, it was a nice canoe with wood gunwales. Vinyl gunwales are way heavier. Still.... so good to catch up.

Keep on going. That's the trick to all this. Just keep moving. Now I want to go paddle!
  • AliNouveau
    Happy Friday middle aged friends

I decided yesterday since we don't get to go out anymore I'd make a cafe. I made danishes and some cinnamon swirl bread, cookies and English muffins. All were delish and I even had a physically distant visit with a friend when she came to get the leftover danishes to take home to her family. Her dad is a medical miracle basically beating the "widow maker" last year so I'm always happy to share with her family.

Have a great weekend
  • TonyB0588
    Enjoy your weekend too. As far as is possible in lockdown curfew conditions.
  • mms243
    mms243 Posts: 2 Member
    Just new to this but love the group title! I'm 38 and as I approach 40 it's important to me to lose weight and feel better about myself - and slow the aging process how I can! :D
  • fatmanthinuk
    fatmanthinuk Posts: 44 Member
    Hello everyone! re-joining middle ager here in the UK. Hope everyone is doing well and isn't suffering too badly with cabin fever! Hope you all have a fantastic day whether you're working from home or trying to keep busy!
  • alteredsteve175
    Aarrrgghh! Is it Monday already? 😆 And so begins another week. Let's do this!
  • AliNouveau
    It's a beautiful day here as we start week 7 of staying home! I'm trying to think of ways to take school outside today since it's so beautiful. It's finally spring!!! Although it is Canada I wonder get my hopes up.

Hope everyone is staying sane. I'm just watch on the news they are telling about mental health and all this craziness
  • FrenchFrey76
    FrenchFrey76 Posts: 12 Member
    hi! feel free to add me.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Have a great week everyone.