What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Yoga, mostly slow and very stretchy. Dragging about 7kg of fruit and veggies home from a shop some 1.5km from the station, running and starting too fast and then deciding to either run a mile or do a cooper test (I'm a certified slow runner and managed both), I might do a bit more stretching in a moment. If I can't run then at least I want to get closer to doing the splits.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    An hour easy on the rower again today. Recovery work (HR capped at 150, preferrably lower). Getting a bit hot out there at lunch -- high 70s I think today. I'm in the shade but I felt it a bit today. First 45 minutes seemed easy. Last 15 were a bit harder to stay focused. Slow work (that isn't too easy) can feel monotonous -- certainly did today. Avg pace around 2:29 (per 500m, what rowers base pace off -- the time it takes to go 500m).

I might have to bite the bullet and get up at 4:30 starting next week and row at 5 AM. I'd hate to do it this soon, but the weather is getting hot really quickly. By noon it's not the worst yet as we have cooler AMs here for the most part. Positive news is next week is officially pool season here in Tucson. When the lows reach high 60s, you can heat the pool without breaking the Piggy Bank. The wife said she wouldn't move "to the desert" without getting a house with a pool. Glad now that I did and beats cutting grass anytime!
  • BAC716
    BAC716 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Simple and to the point:

- Bulgarian Split Squats
    - Stiff Legged Deadlifts
    - Banded Hamstring Curls
    - Goblet Squats
    - Calf Raises!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I did around 2 hour's lifting yesterday:
    • Warm ups (dynamic stretches, star jumps and push ups, band stuff)
    • Overhead press (only 35 kgs - I wasn't at my strongest), 5 sets of 5
    • Bent over rows (60 kgs) 5x5
    • Bench (55 kgs) 5x5
    • Dips (5x5, on rings)
    • Core stuff (hanging leg raises, 2 rounds of baby shark)
    • Yoga for warm-down

I did an hour's yoga today at ridiculous o'clock (7 a.m.). I am supposed to play bridge tonight - I hope the session isn't too long so I can lift afterwards. Or I may try to get a rowing session over lunch.
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    p90x30: accelerator - the cardio HIIT workout.
    30 mins cycle outdoors
    10 sets of 100 jumping jacks throughout the day, every hour on the hour
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    also - 100 squats every day
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    i did workout "snacks" today. 40 mins of chest/abs, break for lunch, 30 mins shoulders/abs, 40 min walk, 15 min bicep/tricep....so my usual upper minus back.....might still get back in but its been achy :( has anyone else done workout "snacks"?? get any good results from it?
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    10,000 meters rowing. In 2,000 meter increments.
    Then a 500 meter rowing sprint to finish.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    For lunch I did a 50 minute barre and stretching class. Sometime later I wanted a silly facebook photo and thought I try to get as far into a pancake as possible (which was surprisingly far!). Not expected much when I finally decided to go on a run, but somehow it felt totally easy and natural (it never does) and I somehow managed to shave 16 seconds off my 5k pace (thus 80 seconds faster). Yes, I'm still a slow runner, but this was a huge surprise for me.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hot one today. Early week forecast was wrong! It's gotten hotter all week and should hit 100 by this Sunday. Today's "easy" row was outside at lunch -- 80 degrees. Despite that, managed to keep HR under 140 by slowing down the pace. Just shy of 12K meters.

Tomorrow is a hard row day. I might just have to do it at 5 AM. Not looking forward to that. But it's supposed to be low 80s tomorrow by noon and this one is a tough one, so I'm not sure I could do it outside at lunch. It doesn't help I'm at 3000 ft elevation or so.

It's a Holiday today too in my house -- Joe Burrow becomes a Bengal. OMG, I'm excited!
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »
    i did workout "snacks" today. 40 mins of chest/abs, break for lunch, 30 mins shoulders/abs, 40 min walk, 15 min bicep/tricep....so my usual upper minus back.....might still get back in but its been achy :( has anyone else done workout "snacks"?? get any good results from it?

I don't snack, I eat monster meals because I do all my work fasted!

But if you're spreading out your workouts, a bit of protein and carbs between is a good idea. On days I used to lift, then row (or vice versa), I would snack between and take at least an hour. You should have glycogen loads at least sufficient before lifting. But you don't need to overdue. Idiots that run races on huge bowls of spaghetti usually end up puking that out during the race. Just enough carbs to keep you going.
  • BlG_FN_ROB
    BlG_FN_ROB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Clubbells, kettlebells and the Mace today it was very good💯👍🏾

tiw13kjiqv0y.gif
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    BlG_FN_ROB wrote: »
    Clubbells, kettlebells and the Mace today it was very good💯👍🏾

Love seeing your different setups. Good stuff!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Some afternoon yoga (meh) and a super short evening interval bodyweight session (a bit more than meh). May yet do a light jog along the waterfront before it gets too dark.
  • Djproulx
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »

I don't snack, I eat monster meals because I do all my work fasted!

But if you're spreading out your workouts, a bit of protein and carbs between is a good idea. On days I used to lift, then row (or vice versa), I would snack between and take at least an hour. You should have glycogen loads at least sufficient before lifting. But you don't need to overdue. Idiots that run races on huge bowls of spaghetti usually end up puking that out during the race. Just enough carbs to keep you going.

None of my strength sessions are very long,so I don't need fuel.

I will consume electrolytes and calories inside a longer cardio workout. The amount of fuel intake varies based on temperature, humidity and length of the session(s). I often take in both solids and liquids on the bike, but usually stick to liquid fuels and/or gels while running. I typically consume a recovery drink/meal soon after a workout.

Today's run was an easy 1:15:00 trail run, so I had nothing but water.
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yesterday completed 30 days of yoga with Adrienne so today I went back to picking one at random.
    Today's Fitness Blender workout was was bodyweight upper body and cardio kickboxing fun!
    Added back in a 30 min virtual fast hike on the Max trainer in the evening.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I did:
    One hour's yoga so ridiculously early I didn't even have a coffee.

Then we had a bridge tournament in the evening, so my workout didn't start until late. I finished at around 1 a.m.

It was leg day:
    Dynamic stretches; "hill sprints" (using my stairs); band warm up; squat (5 sets of 5, 75kgs); deadlift (5 sets of 5, 110 kgs); lunges (32 kgs); pistols; 3 rounds of baby shark ab workout; yoga for warm down.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Rest/cardio day. Did some CX work tho and waiting for this rain to clear to go for a run. Still no COVID test results. Sigh*

• Djproulx
    Options
    75 minutes indoors on the bike this morning. 10min warmup, 50min at endurance power (Zone 2) then 15 min cool down. Some bodyweight strength/core work and stretching planned for noon hour. Virtual Happy Hour tonight. :)
  • MikePfirrman
    edited April 2020
    Options
    1 hour hard row today (on the C2 machine) at 5 AM. Even my dogs were like, "WTF???". Got up at 4:15 and was on the rower at 5 AM. 4 minutes slow paddling, then 6 as hard as sustainable, repeat that for six times total (no rest, all active work). 1100 calories burned in an hour. Average HR of 80% Max. Around 12.6K meters, I believe.

Intervals were mostly around 2:11 (faster, for me right now because I'm currently still very slow for a rower -- around 10 seconds off my better paces at this workout) and slow were slow -- around 2:39 pace. Just tried to maintain 24 SPM on the faster work. Hopefully this speed will improve. HR sure was up there.