What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    For me.... 3.42 miles combo jog walk... but I will say the walking is less and less, and the jogging is more and more.
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Jogged 4 Miles 🏃‍♀️😊
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Just another doggone spin class.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    1 hour on trainerroad. Five 7 min by 3 minute sweet spot intervals paired with a warmup and cool down. It was a strumble to force myself to get on the bike but I did it and there we go. It was a, "get home, put stuff down, put rice in the rice cooker (part of lunch) and get on the bike" sort of workout.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    10 miles | 30:50
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Just did 35 minutes on a recumbent bike. I had to get grandchildren ready for school this morning and drive them there. They are 6 and 3. Older one forgot his backpack so I had to make an extra trip. Then went to gym late. Had just enough time to make it home and get to work on time. But still "burned" up about 350 calories if you believe what the bike tells me.
  • Walked a few miles to the store with my friend. Was nice and sunny out, but also extremely windy. Going to get some exercise in my room tonight as well.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    15 minutes of stretching, physio exercises, elliptical, 1 hour of strength training, and another 45 minutes surfing
  • mpark059
    mpark059 Posts: 2 Member
    2 hours of pickle ball, good sweat and highly addictive
  • Arms/shoulder accessory work. Lame, no big compound movements.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Yesterday I went to the gym and did upper body lifting exercises with my best friend. Then went home.... and despite wanting to crawl into bed due to DOMS from leg day 2 days ago, went on a 40 minute walk with my boyfriend instead!
    ...Today however will probably be a much needed rest day. Maybe with a walk added in after dinner?
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    full body split, was frakking ohp day again.

only managed:
    OHP - 1x10, 1x7, 1x6
    deadlifts - 3x8
    lat pulldowns - 3x10

65 minutes treadmill

i wish i could do pull-ups rather than lat pull-downs, just not strong enough. i don't know if it has anything to do with the bar i use to attempt my pull-ups isn't straight horizontal, it kinda curves like bike handlebars?

• thanos5 wrote: »
    full body split, was frakking ohp day again.

only managed:
    OHP - 1x10, 1x7, 1x6
    deadlifts - 3x8
    lat pulldowns - 3x10

65 minutes treadmill

i wish i could do pull-ups rather than lat pull-downs, just not strong enough. i don't know if it has anything to do with the bar i use to attempt my pull-ups isn't straight horizontal, it kinda curves like bike handlebars?

The wider the grip, the more it engages your lats, the closer the grip, the more bicep centric the movement is. Try using the assisted pull-up rather than lat pull down and slowly decrease the weight until you can do one on your own.

Once you can do a few, get a doorway pull-up bar and make it a point to do them every time you do a certain task (eg knock out a set every time you fill a glass of water or eat a snack or a whatever you choose)

Your pull up ability will go through the roof...when I was doing this mine were getting to sets of 20+
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    leg press, hamstring rollouts and lank roll outs on swiss ball. Wall sits with the ball too. Tricep press ups. Horizontal pull with cable thing (technical term!) and some bent over rows. Managed to drop the 30 kilo barbell down my shin as well. ITs very sore now.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    lank? Plank!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Chilled out Wednesday

30min early morning sprint session with PT. Ran faster than I think ive ever run before

1hour piyo, getting so much more flexible. Actually got elbows on floor during the straddle stretch at the end
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2019
    Went a full hour straight on the rower today. First time in a very long time. Super slow (around 2:32 pace) @ 16 SPM, but managed to keep my HR in check (75% of Max HR until the last few minutes, then it crept up just a tad to 77%, still acceptable for a "long, slow" day). Had to set the DF lower (95) but still yet, it's progress. I'm impatient, but considering I couldn't row for five minutes back in April while recovering from my back injury, an hour solid is a nice milestone.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    9/25
    am
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (15 rounds each rite working towards 21)
    Strength
    Handstand Pushup - GTG
    5 x 1 (5)
    Pull-ups - GTG
    5 x 6 (30)
    Cossack Squat
    5 x 8 (40)
    Conditioning
    Jump Rope - 45s on 15s off x 15
    Meditate

afternoon
    Strength
    Pull-ups - GTG
    4 x 6 (24)

pm
    Conditioning
    Jumprope - 3min on 1min off x 6 (18) min

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Close to 8K rowing bow in the double today. Wind was creating annoying long rollers crosswise to travel, in the West part of our usual route (not unsafe, just annoying), so we did a couple circles in the East to mid parts of the route instead. Steady state, mostly responsive to the weather conditions: Power pieces would've been viable, but also annoying with wind/waves, and I'm mostly doing this for the fun of it. ;)
  • Cleaned all around the house and yard from 10:00AM to 2:30PM. Feel nice and spent just like after a good workout. Will get some more exercise in my room tonight as well.