What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Public holiday in my part of the world so a big exercise day. Started off the day with a lower body strength training session with a new trainer whose specialty is parkour so he though lots of jumps would be awesome
    - 10 minutes of dynamic jumps on various heights of boxes s
    - 3 rounds of barbell back squats 6 reps. I am focusing on depth so kept it light at 50kg
    - 3 rounds of split squats with dumbbells 8 reps
    - 3 rounds of jefferson curls
    - lying on the floor refusing to participate in a running and throwing game as i was hot and sweaty and was about to do a hour long handstand class

Then handstand class with the focus on lots and lots of balance work.

Then because it was a glorious antipodean spring day went for a 7km walk along the beach. My legs are very tired this evening.

Jefferson Curls for the win!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Public holiday in my part of the world so a big exercise day. Started off the day with a lower body strength training session with a new trainer whose specialty is parkour so he though lots of jumps would be awesome
    - 3 rounds of barbell back squats 6 reps. I am focusing on depth so kept it light at 50kg
    - lying on the floor refusing to participate in a running and throwing game as i was hot and sweaty and was about to do a hour long handstand class

Then because it was a glorious antipodean spring day went for a 7km walk along the beach. My legs are very tired this evening.

I had never heard of them. Looks useful for me. Another thing that my new PlyoBox will come in handy for. This type of flexibility is helpful for rowing, actually (and in general for life). I'm not sure I'd ever add in weights, though, for me personally.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

I had never heard of them. Looks useful for me. Another thing that my new PlyoBox will come in handy for. This type of flexibility is helpful for rowing, actually (and in general for life). I'm not sure I'd ever add in weights, though, for me personally.

Weights don't come into play for a while. Usually a broomstick until you have pretty good range of motion. Then very light weights and then like all else progress...
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts 3x8
    Incline dumbbell press 1x12, 2x8
    Weighted step ups 2x8 each leg
    Seated row 3x10
  • MikePfirrman
    Options
    Worked out a bit too hard yesterday, so somewhat of an easy interval day (on the Indoor Rower). 2K easy, then 3 X 500m sprints, then 4.5K easy. Will swim later today (just fun swimming with the wife).
  • J72FIT
    Options
    9/30
    am
    Yoga
    Sun Salutations - 8 Rounds
    Conditioning
    Jump Rope - 45s on 15s off x 15
    Yoga
    5 Tibetan Rites (17 rounds each rite working towards 21)

noon
    Conditioning
    Jump Rope - 45s on 15s off x 15
    Strength
    Pull-up - E2MOM (27m50s)
    5 rep every 1m50s (75)
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Monday morning sprints, 30min of hill sprints with trainer.

45min circuits class in the rain.
  • sarko15
    sarko15 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Recommitting to strength training, so today was:

Weighted squats
    Crunches
    Bench press
    Leg press
    Chest flies
    Crunches

20 minutes elliptical

I've been seeing a trainer once a week for the last couple of weeks and somehow I end up horribly sore for three full days after each session. Trying to keep the motivation up even on those days when the last thing I want to do is lift. It's also still uncomfortable in my gym that seems to always be full of big time weight lifters to be bench pressing only the bar, etc when the only other women in the weight room are toned as all hell and can really hold their own. I just have to remember that their goals are my goals, they just started a long time ago and didn't quit.
  • MikePfirrman
    edited October 2019
    Options
    sarko15 wrote: »
    Recommitting to strength training, so today was:

Weighted squats
    Crunches
    Bench press
    Leg press
    Chest flies
    Crunches

20 minutes elliptical

I've been seeing a trainer once a week for the last couple of weeks and somehow I end up horribly sore for three full days after each session. Trying to keep the motivation up even on those days when the last thing I want to do is lift. It's also still uncomfortable in my gym that seems to always be full of big time weight lifters to be bench pressing only the bar, etc when the only other women in the weight room are toned as all hell and can really hold their own. I just have to remember that their goals are my goals, they just started a long time ago and didn't quit.

The soreness for 3 days will pass. If not, fire your trainer. Some are insane and work you too hard relative to your experience. Working out should be challenging, but not dreadful. Pat yourself on the back for getting started. I had a guy working for me for years (my son's friend). He started with just the bar. That's literally all he could lift too. Was a bean pole. Now he deadlifts well over 500 lbs just five years later.
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Did Zhumba for fun today 1hr, while I checked out a different gym, and strength training after for 30 min.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    33km | 68:03
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    BodyBalance class. The new routine has some quite intense hip flexibility work.
    Also, my hip physio, which is basically a fifteen minute bodyweight strength workout.

My hips were aching all night For Some Reason...
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    To celebrate the start of a new month I reintroduced yoga into my morning routine. It was good to do some stretching before work especially as my hip flexors were very sore after Monday's leg stuff.

Tonight was Gymnastic Rings class again and it was brutal.
    Warmup
    Wrist mobility
    10 RIng Rows using false grip x2
    10 Push ups x 2
    30 second German Hang

Main event
    False Grip Chin ups x 5
    Dips on Bars x5
    Muscle up transition movement x10
    5 rounds of 90sec segemented wall walks (this broke everyone in class)
    8 x scapula pull-ups x3
    12 x cuban rotations x3

Now my shoulder, arms and wrists are as sore as my lower half. I see an epsom salt bath in my immediate future.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Kinesis chest press 3x10
    Leg press 3x10
    Lat pull down 3x10
    Weighted Step ups 2x10 each leg
    Dumbbell shoulder press 3x6
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,136 Member
    Options
    After two days of rainouts on the rowing front (grrrrr.), spin class today. I feel so. much. better.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    BodyPump - 50 minute class.
    Which was fun with dubious hips and no mistake. Thank goodness tomorrow is my rest day!
  • MikePfirrman
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Nice recovery Indoor Rowing day today (can't wait to get my bike fixed). 28:30 long X 2 @ 18 SPM with a DF of 96 (getting back slowly to my old DF of 103 or so). Although I kept the pace in check (around 2:31), it felt really easy with HR never even going to 140. Most of it was actually below mid 130s, so that's a nice sign of progress. I think 11,400 meters or so.

Just a few months ago, there was no such thing as a recovery row for me. I couldn't keep my HR down doing any rowing, even if it was easy. Today, it took nearly 30 minutes to creep above 130. I think a combination of doing AT work (anaerobic threshold, or harder long rows) and getting back into lifting are helping me tremendously. I'm glad the back is finally able to tolerate this load of training.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Just another crazy Tuesday

30min stair workout in PT
    3mile recovery run
    45min zumba
    45min Insanity
    45min boxercise

Around 45min, mix of cardio and testing out my elbow, with light weights and a variety of movements
  • J72FIT
    Options
    10/1
    Yoga