What Mini Goal is motivating you right now!

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    I would really like to be under 100kgs by my birthday 15th April.

I’m 108 kg right now, and depending on any changes in my rate of loss it seems quite achievable.

Did you make it?

Yes I did 😊 and I even started running ahead of time. originally I wasn’t going to do C25K until after this goal but I just felt so darn motivated so I started week 3 today.

New mini goals are 92kg (overweight BMI) and completing C25K.
    alexmose wrote: »
    I would really like to be under 100kgs by my birthday 15th April.

I’m 108 kg right now, and depending on any changes in my rate of loss it seems quite achievable.

Did you make it?

Yes I did 😊 and I even started running ahead of time. originally I wasn’t going to do C25K until after this goal but I just felt so darn motivated so I started week 3 today.

New mini goals are 92kg (overweight BMI) and completing C25K.

Congrats my friend.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Looking to GAIN just enough to discover the CICO balance point for stabilization - long term maintenance daily calorie setting.

Being conservative in upping the daily calories a week at a time as I have fewer NEAT opportunities in my life at the moment than would normally have been the case. So what I get to next may have to be increased again once Life Is Back To (semi) Normal.
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    Looking to GAIN just enough to discover the CICO balance point for stabilization - long term maintenance daily calorie setting.

Being conservative in upping the daily calories a week at a time as I have fewer NEAT opportunities in my life at the moment than would normally have been the case. So what I get to next may have to be increased again once Life Is Back To (semi) Normal.

Congratulations, coach!!!🏅🙌🌹👍You are one on my inspirations...

Be careful... please read this article on CIM
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6082688/#ABS1title
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    @ epangili Great article. Thanks for posting the link.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    epangili wrote: »
    BMcC9 wrote: »

Congratulations, coach!!!🏅🙌🌹👍You are one on my inspirations...

Be careful... please read this article on CIM
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6082688/#ABS1title

seems that "CICO" has a different popular press interpretation than the more "basic biochemical formula" sense I was giving it -

aka balancing total calories (while maintaining % split across all sectors) (ci) against combined NEAT / intentional exercise activity (co) for desired results. I am down (lower ci) to where I want to be - time to readjust towards long-term maintenance levels (on both sides of the equation).

After reading the article, it turns out I was already in t 'CIM' camp without even knowing it existed!
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    A slew of life events/forced changes for quarantine saw me falling backward (upward) for a while. I'll now be re-aiming for 192.7, which will be the 50-pound mark since I restarted tracking in September. That'll bring me close to 60 total from HRW as well.

Frustrating, but at least things are settling in again enough to the point where I feel like I can say that I have enough in me to try again.

Even though it's only 1.3 pounds, it will likely take a couple of weeks. This will be due to a self-enforced slow slide into deficit (to avoid shocks leading to bingeing) along with using a 7-day average. Honestly I am half tempted to use 28-day average, but that would take a lot longer, as I've been effectively maintaining for the last month.

It was really helpful to come back and catch up on all the fitness and weight goals you all have been setting and accomplishing. Keep at it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!