• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,658 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Wow @avidkeo, the full?

Yep. Joining me?? Lol

Nope. I know the course too well. And also, I don’t do 3:30am starts that well. I’ll be thinking if you when I do the half.

Wait what???

Me: frantically google a info...

Ohhh it starts at 6am, but probably have to catch an insanely early ferry to get to the start on time. That's OK. Im staying at a hotel that's a 15 min walk to the ferry - got an absolute bargain price due to being a healthcare worker. So be more like a 4am start. I can handle that.

Absolutely have to meet up this time!

Thanks for the advice in the Wellington half! I'll look into a good merino layer.
    Wow @avidkeo, the full?

Yep. Joining me?? Lol

Nope. I know the course too well. And also, I don’t do 3:30am starts that well. I’ll be thinking if you when I do the half.

Wait what???

Me: frantically google a info...

Ohhh it starts at 6am, but probably have to catch an insanely early ferry to get to the start on time. That's OK. Im staying at a hotel that's a 15 min walk to the ferry - got an absolute bargain price due to being a healthcare worker. So be more like a 4am start. I can handle that.

Absolutely have to meet up this time!

Thanks for the advice in the Wellington half! I'll look into a good merino layer.

Yes. Absolutely. We can do race pack pick up and dinner the night before!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary great mileage this month and good for you for taking a rest day. I'm curious about a "2-4 hour" run though. My coach always has time-based rather than mileage goals but they only vary by 15 minutes from one week to the next for a long run. I don't quite get the purpose of that huge of a time range for a training run. Do you just stop when you feel done, or what?

It actually says ‘Absorption: adventure/hike 2-4 hours’ so it’s definitely based on pace - it’s something different to break things up/challenge myself.

I’ve had a month of aerobic pace or faster running so this is the first scheduled slow run in a very long time. I could walk for 4 hours if I wanted, but I’m opting to run slowly for around 3. If it were much shorter I’d probably be tempted to go too fast.

I daren’t go for a hike - I’d aim for four hours and still be wandering in the bush next Tuesday. I have absolutely no sense of direction. A 3hr run is pretty scary without someone alongside me to ensure I stick to the route.

OK, thanks. 2-4 hour adventure/hike I can totally get behind as a training plan - that's what I'm hoping to do on Sunday if I can. The different philosophies of training are interesting to me. I'd say go for a hike and bring your GPS, but maybe that's not reliable out in the bush. In any case, enjoy your break from fast running, you deserve it!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    My husband tested negative for COVID-19. So at least that's one less thing to worry about, that I won't have to miss two weeks of work.

YAY!!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    My husband tested negative for COVID-19. So at least that's one less thing to worry about, that I won't have to miss two weeks of work.

YAY!!!

YAY #2
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    What a relief, @brittanystebbins95! Stay safe and take it easy on your run tonight.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »

YAY!!!

YAY #2

YAY #3!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »

YAY!!!

YAY #2

YAY #3!

Yay #4, #5, and #6!!!!!!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Now I'm going to go make the May thread because it's the 29th here and I've decided to be proactive!

You can find it here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10794139/may-2020-monthly-running-challenge/p1?new=1

Thanks @Avidkeo for setting the thread up.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @brittanystebbins95 - Yay # (whatever number we are up to)!!! So glad he was negative and you can take that worry away!
    @mbaker566 - wow I am surprised counties/states are still managing it that way especially if you may have been exposed and have a compromised immune issue.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic you are killing it. I am so proud of you!

@Scott6255 I am so glad to see you thriving! New shoes are the best!