NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• Shexio
    Shexio Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 i only have tried the sample barre workout. It didn’t do anything for me. I’m glad you’re enjoying it. For me it seemed to be death by reps. I’m more of a lift heavy s$+# 10 times and be done gal.

Your new bar looked awesome!
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @mswatson0777 I’m with you, would be happy to maintain. Except I already gained so if I could get back to where I was I would be happy. Sounds like you had at least one nice day on the weekend. I’ve been watching Parks and Rec too. I just finished Season 2 or 3 I think. I hate when they make gun of Jerry. I generally don’t find being mean funny, but I seem to be the minority on that one.

@trooworld that is an incredible loss! It’s great to get something positive out of this time.

@TeresaW1020 not giving up yet! I did make my own pizza. I don’t know if it was as good lol but it had less calories. …..I do feel like I’ve gotten used to being at home. It’s weird.

@theslightedgeforever you’re right, I have to adjust my goals to where I am. I did increase my calorie goal but I just blew right past it. But I’m trying again this week.

So yeah the bike shops are closed so I could buy a bike and they would deliver it but I wouldn’t be able to try it first. But I emailed one of the shops anyway to see if they had suggestions. I also would have to find somewhere to store it. I don’t know if my building- I don’t know if they would let me put it in the garage.

One bike I looked at online was super nice looking, but $1000. Yikes! I was like- can I justify that? I mean for that much money I would expect it to talk to me and do some of the pedalling lol. But it did look nice. I used to always ride a bike from Canadian Tire for $100. I did look for one of those but they’re sold out.

I did some exercise today, a body weight strength training circuit and some core- squats, lunges etc and some other stuff. That’s about it. Trying to have reasonable calories but last night I had an ice cream sundae with bananas, walnuts, and chocolate syrup. Too many calories but I’ll tell you, it hit the spot lol.

I joined a 30 day alcohol free challenge. Every day they send me info about how alcohol affects your brain. It’s kind of neat. There are things I’m learning that I never knew about how the brain works. When you have one drink- somehow it releases a bunch of the pleasure chemicals in the brain, but too many so then your brain reacts and releases something else to try to balance out or reduce the pleasure. So some people after one drink will feel up and then down, and then they will get another drink bc they want the pleasure to stay up. I don’t know if I ever noticed that with me but next time I have one drink I’m going to see if I notice it. Usually after one drink I just feel tired.

Anyway I hope y’all have a nice day.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all, Its been crazy here, HOWEVER, I did nothing yesterday. Well no cleaning, no chores...I read my book, baked banana bread, chocolate cake, played with my DGGD, did an online meeting book club and did online church. So yea..first time in along time I actually enjoyed my Sunday.

I will get back to reading post tomorrow and posting. Sorry for MIA.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    @teresaw1020 Look at you and I kicking butt on our dots this week. Woohoo! Imagine how awesome your booty will be with your workouts. You can bounce a quarter off of it. Isn't that what they say? lol I have thought about covers for my outdoor furniture. (birdpoop) but then I think it ruins the pretty effect when I look at it. So I'm still deciding pretty or cleaning off birdpoop. I miss my Saturday morning breakfasts out with hubby. Then we talk a nice walk at the mall.

@trooworld I was thinking about your comment of trapped animals. What if we changed the perception. A bear goes into his cave and hibernates for the winter. We can think of the slowing down of our lives. More time spent with family. Look at you losing 10 lbs. That's cause for celebration. Eventually we'll get back out there. Now that campus by the ocean would be a lovely place to work. No wonder you miss it.

@mswatson0777 My exercise plans this week are to follow my schedule. I have made a playlist on Youtube for each day minus my rest days. Warm up, cardio, strenth training/pilates/etc, cool down. I need to add that Parks and Rec to my list as I keep hearing people talk about it. It sounds like you had a much better weekend.

@shexio We all get what we need from our group I think. Never feel bad. That lb is yours. You've got a great strategy set up. You made me laugh. Death by reps. lol
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @its_cleo It will be a while before I get back to where I was at the beginning of this thing, but right now if I can just stop gaining, all will be well in my world. How about a used bike from somewhere. I agree on the $1000. It had better pedal itself and then come home and cook for me. (which is probably why I'm still fat with this kind of thinking) Yaaay on the exercise you got done. Try again tomorrow for the calories.

@cbabie I'm just happy you spent a Sunday doing nothing but fun stuff. You almost never have those. Life's too short to work all the time. I was going to say how did we turn out so different but then i realize first born vs baby. :D What healthy foods are on your menu for this week?

Yellow Day Stayed OP 184/200 Exercise-Free Day

May goals: Green Dot Day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals through exercise
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    Hello all, good morning. I decided to go take a walk on the beach yesterday morning. It was a beautiful day. There was no parking at the beach (per county rules, they don't want people congregating) so I had to find street parking, but once I did, it was a nice walk to the beach and then people were practicing social distancing and had masks with them or on. I'm fighting the blues right now, so I thought this would help. It helped, but only temporarily. The blue cloud was back over my head by noon. :( I didn't tell you guys, but a few weeks ago, I got an ice cream/frozen yogurt/sorbet maker. I've only made two batches of ice cream so far. Far too dangerous! This last batch, we only kept one small container each and gave the rest away to my in-laws. The next batch will be a healthier version...I'm thinking pineapple frozen yogurt.

@mswatson0777 Uh oh, I fear you may have misunderstood me: I have lost a total of 10.9 lbs. But thanks! I'm pretty proud of it. We love Parks and Rec! That's the best, Ron Swanson is the best! I'm a librarian and I love his ex wife, the librarian lol. It sounds like your house is going to be in tip-top shape when the quarantine is over!

@Shexio I also have a reminder posted on my fridge, it says: "Thank you for eating healthy and making good decisions."

@its_cleo No, I didn't lose 10.9 lbs in one week. I wish! That would be awesome. I'd do cartwheels around this place. lol The last time I weighed in I actually gained 0.6 lbs. I've in total lost 10.9 lbs. Sorry for the confusion. :) What about a used bike? Could you buy a used bike? Good luck with the alcohol-free challenge, I'm rooting for you!

@cbabie Nice to "see" you! Sounds like you've been busy.

@theslightedgeforever I see you thought I lost 10 lbs in one week, too. No, I did not. I gained 0.6 lbs in one week lol. I have lost 10.9 lbs since March 1st. Sorry for the confusion. I do miss my campus by the ocean. <3

d7u6i0yqb3ce.jpg

COMMITTED.
    May goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Great day yesterday. Went out for a jog in the dreary sprinkling weather. Did 6,5 km in 48 min. Did my walk for 5 min then basically jogged the rest. With a few 1 min walks during. My back is getting better but still not 100%. Today’s plan is to go for another jog.

Hope everyone is doing well. Will try to breeze thru the posts. Been awhile since I checked in.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I just got in from my treadmill walk. I actually jogged for a min or two. LOL. But I was so stressed, I said you know missy it's time to go walk off the stress.. So I feel much better, just sweaty. LOL. I made baked fish, corn bread and fries last night..but ate none of it. LOL. PB sandwich is what I ate. OH well. Making chicken and rice tonight. I tried to give my GGD some cornbread...oh funny..she kept wiping her tongue making a face. I guess she doesn't like it.LOL

@renaegry Glad you got out for your walk, always clears my head. Hope your back gets to be good quickly.

@theslightedgeforever No healthy meal plans...have to get back to that routine, but not this week.

@trooworld I am glad you got out to the beach, but sorry the blues came back. Maybe take a container and put sand and water in it..and just "smell" it every day. LOL. I love frozen yogurt.

@its_cleo wow 1000 for a bike..Yea I with slightedge. It sounds like you are making a lot of good choices for you right now. You could be pulling the covers over you head and not peeking out..so KUDOS to you!!

Cbabie
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @its_cleo One drink for me just mellows me out, two makes me more social, and any more is just bad news later so I stick with 1-2 if I drink. I hope you can find a decent priced bike. I got mine from Walmart for $100 4 years ago. It's super basic but it gets the job done. And I feel bad for Jerry too, but then I remind myself he retired with a 40 year state pension and a super hot wife so he's doing pretty well for himself!

@shexio How do you like the new beachbody program?

@cbabie Way to go incorporating jogging in! I agree that getting a sweat in helps with stress so much.
    Your lazy Sunday sounds fabulous.

@trooworld Tammy 2 is one of my favorite characters too, she's hilarious! Your beach walk looks amazing, I'm jealous you live so close to the ocean, how beautiful!

@theslightedgeforever Great idea making youtube playlists to keep you accountable. Let me know what you think of Parks and Rec!

@renaegry hope your run goes well!

Happy Tuesday all! It's a dreary day here, but since I'm working all day I'm not too upset by it. I've got a yoga date with a friend over lunch i'm looking forward too. I'm also hoping the rain stops after work so I can get a walk in. Honestly nothing much to report here, just trucking along making healthy choices and trying not to succumb to the COVID 19 (pounds gained in COVID and of course the virus itself!)

• sspell60
    sspell60 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Struggling on WW. Lost 5 lbs and even since then having a hard time with any success. Thinking about coming back to My Fitness Pal and Low Carb. Any advice anyone can offer us welcomed!!
  • sspell60
    sspell60 Posts: 7 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    😕
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld, your work environment sounds so lovely that it is no wonder you miss it. My job at the church is just me in an office where my desk faces a plain white brick wall. Not so inspiring! :D That is cool that you have your own ice cream maker, but I agree that making healthier versions is probably a good idea. I bet you could find a make at home Halo Top. ;)

@mswatson0777, I haven’t got the new bar yet for my barre blend. It’s supposed to ship out this week. Right now I’m using my treadmill to help keep me from falling over. :D LOVE Parks and Rec!! We are currently getting into The Office. Soooo funny! That is good news about your summer classes and hopefully, with just the one class you will feel much less stress. Just think about how much you will appreciate your nice clean yard when all that work is done. :)

@Shexio, yeah barre is definitely different from other workouts that I’ve done. But it’s fun to try new things and it certainly gives me a burn and lots of sweat. :grin:

@its_cleo, mmm that icecream sundae sounds so good!! I’ve been thinking of a treat for Mother’s Day and that just might be the answer I’ve been looking for. That is interesting about the alcohol. I don’t drink very often because I usually never want to stop at just one. Good for you for doing a 30-day challenge! <3

@cbabie, that is great that you had such a nice Sunday. We all need days like that. How can anyone not love cornbread! :D

@theslightedgeforever, hmm a butt that a quarter could bounce off is certainly an aspirational dream. :D Yeah, I wouldn’t want to leave the patio covers on all the time. I would just do it for the pollen season. What is it with birds taking aim at our stuff all the time! :#

@sspell60, hi and welcome! I’ve been struggling too but what it really comes down to is that you have to make a commitment to stick to your plan. They all work if we work them. :)

Good morning! Yesterday, I went to my hair salon and got my hair done. She hasn’t fully reopened and especially not to the public, but she and the other girls are doing some their regulars and not having more than two stylists at a time in the shop. I felt totally safe and now I have no more grey! :grin: Today, DH and I are going Home Depot to buy some boxes so the church can pack up the hymnals and Bibles from the pews. He also wants to go downtown to our jeweler and see about remaking his mother’s opal ring for me to wear. The woman was a pixie and her rings are tiny but the opals are gorgeous. It's something we have talked about doing for a while now. DH has a construction mask and I told him that he will have to wear it. He is so tired of being stuck at home and just wants to get out. Have a good day! :)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Yay for a walk on the treadmill. That's funny that GGD made a face about the cornbread. I love cornbread! That's a good idea to do about the sand and water...I wonder if it would start smelling funky though?

@mswatson0777 The beach walk was really enjoyable. I am lucky to live so close, it's too bad I don't go that often. I hope you enjoy the yoga date and get in a walk!

@sspell60 Hello and welcome! Each of us on this board are on different eating plans, I'm on WW for instance, so cannot speak to the low carb but there are others doing low carb that might be able to give you some advice. I'll let them chime in.

@TeresaW1020 Yeah I miss my work environment and my coworkers, too. :( You know, I don't really like Halo Top. But I'm sure I'll be able to make some low point frozen yogurt that I do like. That must have been nice getting your hair done. My greys are really beginning to show. I love opal. How special to have a ring made from your mother-in-law's ring. Have fun!

COMMITTED.
    May goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Had a great day yesterday. Got in a 6.3 km jog followed by abs and squats. Today at the grocery store so that will be my workout this morning. Stepped on scale today and I am very happy that it has moved to 152. So have to keep at it so I don’t ruin the progress this wekend (hubby will be home).

@sspell60 I struggled with WW once they changed the program. I ended up quitting it in April and focusing on my macros and I am now finally seeing some progress

@TeresaW1020 that’s so exciting you got your hair done. I have an appt booked for the end of May. I did a root touch up kit last week which helped tremendously.
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Isn't that always the case we don't take advantage of the great things near us? I live near some great hiking trails but I don't take advantage of them as much as I should

@TeresaW1020 I hope you and the husband are able to stay safe out there and that you get all your errands accomplished!

Welcome @sspell60! I don't have any advice other than doing what works best for you. Everyone's journey is unique!

Happy Wednesday! I was feeling pretty sore this morning so I did a dog walk this morning instead of my workout. After work I'm going to dive into paining the deck, which I'm hoping won't take me more than two after work days (but it always ends up being a bigger project than I think since there are a lot of nooks and crannies! Once that's done I think I'm mostly done with my portion of the yard work until fall chores come around and I have to trim our bushes and clean the outsides of our windows (the never ending cycle). It will feel good when it's done though!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @trooworld No, I knew you had lost 10.6 lbs during the shutdown. That's why I think you are awesome because most people have gained, me included. The beach looked wonderful until i scrolled down and saw what looks like mud. lol So maybe it's packed sand but it looked really messy to me. Evidently I have a problem with messy. :D Thank you for sharing the pic. Even if it helps on temporarily, it's still helping.

@renaegry Woohoo on the jog. I'm glad your back is feeling better. yaaay on the scale moving downwards. Did you set any May goals?

@cbabie Yaaaay on doing the treadmill and working up a sweat. So what drove you to eat the PB sandwich and not what you fixed? How about just one healthy meal tomorrow? Although I'm wondering what's your idea of a "healthy meal" for breakfast?

@mswatson0777 Right now my mini goal is to lose half of my Covid gain. I can't see too much farther than that in the future right now. How was your yoga date? I need to do a virtual meet and greet with friends. I haven't done that in a while.

@sspell60 Welcome to our group! I normally do a modified carb program (carb cycling) Right now due to covid, I'm doing a modified modified carb program. lol It's working though. That's what's important. Sometimes we just need a little change. I say make your mealplan your own. Tweak when necessary. What kind of exercise do you like to do?

@teresaw1020 Put yourself a nice motivational poster print on that brick wall. I used to watch the original Office, but haven't seen the US version. So many shows for my list. That's what my thought was on the cornbread, what's wrong with that baby? lol She never tried her auntie's cornbread. :#

Green Day- Stayed OP 202/238 Exercise- 31 minutes YouTube cardio

May goals: Green dot Day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 calories through exercise o:)
  • Shexio
    Options
    @trooworld I like the fridge inspo!

@its_cleo glad I made you smile.

My night time snacking is a bad habit. That’s my focus today. Maybe I just need to focus on positivity.

How often do y’all weight yourself?
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @Shexio I weigh myself Friday, Sunday, Wednesday. If I weight every day it has a bad effect on me, whether it’s up or down.

@theslightedgeforever- hey good job meeting your goals! I feel like when we’re struggling every tiny success needs to be recognized since it’s so hard. That’s how I feel for myself- I met my calorie goal yesterday and today and it was like climbing a mountain. Not sure I will lose weight at the level I set but I should at least stop gaining. I would settle for that right now.

@mswatson0777 working on the deck and stuff is probably a pretty good workout. It is true we don’t take advantage of stuff around us. There are sites here I’ve never seen.

@TeresaW1020 that is so sweet your husband wants to give you his mom’s ring.

@cbabie out of curiosity why do you think PB is bad? I mean I think eating a whole jar is bad, but a little bit? One of my favourite snacks is one slice of bread with peanut butter and apricot jam. So that is about 200 calories. I use unsweetened jam.

So the bike- I’m getting excited because I was worried about where to store it but my building has bike racks in the garage and you can use it for $10 a month. So I asked them to see if there was any available. Even if there isn’t and I have to get on a waitlist that would be fine.

Haven’t had time to really look at bikes bc I’ve been working but I hope to get one by the end of May.
    I’m doing better calorie wise- yesterday and today I met my calorie goal. Yesterday I also saw my trainer. Hoping the gym opens sometime in June.

I went on two walks today, each about 1.3 km. I lose track of what I posted here but I’m taking it easy bc of my tendonitis. So I was at about 1 km 2 x a day. So I inched it up to 1.3 km 2x day and it’s ok. I’ll give it a couple days and inch it up again.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. I'm going grocery shopping in a little bit. I've planned a completely vegetarian menu this week due to the meat shortage. I don't know how bad it will be at the stores and I don't want to get to the stores and find no meat or meat that is ridiculously priced, so I figured I would just plan veg meals all week. I don't think hubby is very happy about it. Here's what we are eating. If anyone wants any of the recipes, let me know and I'll post them:
    • Potato + smoky chickpea bowls
    • Baked Cabbage and White Beans
    • Kale-Walnut Pesto Pasta
    • Curried Twice-Baked Sweet Potato
    • Grilled Pear and Halloumi Skewers with Chili Sauce
    • Sweet Corn Polenta with Baked Beans
    • Zucchini Lentil Fritters with Spread and Extra Veg / Coconut Curry Carrot Soup

@renaegry Congrats on the loss!

@mswatson0777 Yes, that is so true! Good luck with painting the deck.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks. Yeah, that's not mud that's seaweed lol...but it's still yucky! lol I hate that stuff.

@Shexio I weigh myself once a week on Saturday mornings.

@its_cleo That's great that your building has bike racks, I hope they have availability.

COMMITTED.
  • Shexio
    Options
    I’ve been weighing maybe 3/wk.
    it was a negative thing but, I’ve recently decided that it’s not. It’s a tool.

Instead of focusing on lowering the number, I’m focusing more on, how can I keep my current number. I used to really rush to get a low Weight and then I would celebrate the next day, which puts it in a bad cycle.

Lately,( with you all) I’ve been really focused on, “my scale number is good, what can I do today to keep it good”. Less 🪀 yo-yo.

total body & Kickboxing (body combat/ youtube) loved this workout!!!