WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies and Happy Mothers Day to those that celebrate...
    my daughter texted me, haven't heard from my son yet ,but its still early
    we had a freeze warning overnight ,so its cold but sunny..
    I am enjoying a cup of tea and then will hop in the shower and do a load of laundry
    I put freeze dried mealworms out on my retaining wall and delight in watching the birds come and enjoy them..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    SuziQ thanks for sharing your mother's wise words.

I would like to say Happy Women's Day! To celebrate all the strong women of the world!
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    SUZI Q ~ I also liked the Kermit the Frog meme! :) My DnL is a 6th grade teacher and has had to work at home since March. She also has had to oversee her 3rd and 4th graders virtual learning. For the first time ever, the boy has staight A's. He said his mom had been a tyrant about him doing his school work. The girl has always been a good student and had no problems keeping up with her work.

MACHKA ~ I would love to take a bath in that bathroom.

TONYA ~ Your rats are cute!

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I love seeing you in your mother's face. <3
    I also look like my mum, but with my father's build. I don't like looking in the mirror and seeing my mum staring back at me, which is one of the reasons I feel more comfortable in makeup.
    Trying to decide if I want to phone a friend. ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lisa Reading about your relationship with your mom was so lovely and poignant it made my heart hurt…the photo is…spectacular.

>>>

Tonya Love your rats. Love your photos.

>>>

My dad took this photo of his mom (Grandma Agnes) and my mom…about 70 years ago…on a Mother's Day

zl7agkaj0cye.jpeg

>>>

Heather I'm sorry and feeling frustrated for you that you are dysphoric after such a good period of time. I don't exactly have FOMO, but something akin…it has to do with a belief system that is full of lies about whether and how I will be capable of dealing with the clutter and the stuff and the legal updates to be ready to be old...before I'm too old to do it well. I'm afraid of being old and still obsessed with going through belongings and papers, etc when I should be enjoying my dotage.

>>>

Happy Mother's Day!

>>>

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Anxious about going back to normal? It's called 'reverse culture shock'
    https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/programs/hack/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions-easing-reverse-culture-shock/12221534

I really don't want to "go back to normal" ... that would be incredibly disappointing. There are hints that there might be some improvements, but I guess there's a chance that we might "go back to normal". :(

However, happily, I think we've still got at least another month of this fabulous time of shut down ... to some extent or another. And then there's the "second wave" for all the people who go rushing out into society and start mingling and hugging etc. Personally, I plan to take a very conservative, reserved approach to easing back into society.

It helps, I think, that I've got surgery booked for mid-July. Just when things are opening up a little, I will be shutting down for a couple weeks.

On that note, I had two packages delivered today. :) I ordered pyjamas, just because, and a knee-length, long-sleeved button up flannel night shirt. I've been advised that I shouldn't plan to wear anything that goes over my head after my surgery, so now I've got a collection of button-up night shirts. I wasn't sure if I would like them with collars and buttons and all, but they're actually not bad. I decided to get this flannel one because July is right in the middle of winter and it doubles very nicely as a light dressing gown ... which is exactly how I'm wearing it right now. :)

I also ordered some cat toys which Rhody is playing with right now. :) He's so cute and clever! :heart:

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    💐 🎁 HAPPY MOTHERS DAY🎁💐

To all the mamas!

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Carol - Lovely pics! You have your dad's smile :D

Thank you to all the mum posters. <3 Love it. :D

Machka - good article. Re - entry is hard for me even after a nice holiday. Sometimes it takes weeks. :o With the virus I find I am going back to comparing my life and achievements with others again and reawakening envy. That had almost completely disappeared. I know the answer is action in baby steps, but I am easily paralyzed. I still haven't got my website up and running. I've completely avoided thinking about it, until now. Even the thought makes me panic. I hate technology.

Love to all. I did ring my friend in York and it was good to talk. If anyone understands neurosis, it's her. :D

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Loving all the mum posters as well... many of which I've never seen.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Miss my mom!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Machka - good article. Re - entry is hard for me even after a nice holiday. Sometimes it takes weeks. :o With the virus I find I am going back to comparing my life and achievements with others again and reawakening envy. That had almost completely disappeared. I know the answer is action in baby steps, but I am easily paralyzed. I still haven't got my website up and running. I've completely avoided thinking about it, until now. Even the thought makes me panic. I hate technology.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Regarding the website, don't do it alone. I know Wordpress can be rather confusing and suspect that some of the others could be as well. I'd recommend seeing if you can find an online course or a user group to ease yourself into it. That's a good way to be able to ask questions and get answers right away rather than via forums.

I do use forums for computer-related answers, but I just read the answers. I have yet to get up the nerve to ask a question and fortunately I haven't had to do that yet. Computer-related forums are vicious! But if you know the right questions to ask, you can find and read answers that will help.

The challenge can get be knowing the right questions to ask ... and that's where sitting in on an online class or in a user group can help. You learn the language. You learn how to do a few things. And in knowing that much, you can then ask the right questions to get the right answers.

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Pip: Is this a car battery that you’re planning to buy? I have seen what looks to me like bikes that are running on an electric motor. It makes me curious. :huh:

Rebecca: Your meals look very tempting and delicious :star:

SuziQ: Is Kermit the new substitute teacher? I looked Kermie up, and he was born/created in 1955. Kermit is eligible for Social Security! :noway:

Karen: I envy your live and in person visit from your son. We get video calls from ours and also our daughter. It is great to see them on the phone. :star:

Terri: DH’s dad was not eligible to join the military due to hearing loss so he built ships for the US Navy in Bellingham, WA. His hearing loss was much worse afterward. My dad was a Sea Bee in the Solomon Islands. His ship was attacked by Kamakazi fighters. There were fires aboard ship and dad had nightmares about it for the rest of his life. :ohwell:

Allie: Snow in May? Amazing! :star:

Barbie: We are also staying home except for food shopping, and that is my duty. We take walks in the neighborhood and chat with neighbors at the appropriate social distance. Our weather has been lovely. :flowerforyou:

Machka: We are definitely not post pandemic. We still have all of the social distancing requirements. The last I heard there has been one death in our county. The cities along the I-5 Corridor from Portland to Salem have had numerous deaths and are still having serious problems. There has been talk of easing the pandemic rules, but so far that hasn’t happened. :ohwell:

Heather: Sorry that you were feeling sad. Congrats on writing and feeling better. :flowerforyou:

Tonya: I looked up some information on our high school. There may be in the neighborhood of 227 graduating this year. That would likely mean that there are 227+/- cars lined up for graduation at the courthouse steps. I imagine that will take quite a while. It is also likely there will be very many happy graduates with a unique graduation celebration to remember. :bigsmile:

Machka: I absolutely LOVE “What things around us are thinking.” :laugh: You and your mom have similar smiles. I hope you are able to travel to Canada and see her. :heart:

Regarding re-entry—our state isn’t there, yet. Many areas have few or no cases, but the area along I-5 between Portland and Salem is still in dangerous conditions. Oregon is not opening, the last I heard. It isn’t 8 am yet. Who knows what we’ll find out on the news today.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    KAY ~ Looking good! :)