Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to hear more about everyone.

@tazzy2911, welcome. I was in Ireland in 2016 for my son's high school graduation gift, a tour of England, Ireland, and Scotland. We visited the west coast--Galway, Aran Islands, Ring of Kerry, and Killarney National Park. We had so much fun, so many wonderful walks and drives. I am eager to return.

I've averaged about 8100 steps/day (just about 4 miles for me) since getting my Garmin device on May 3. That is mostly from my intentional exercise; I don't move a lot when working from home. I will have to figure out some ways to add to that b/c I would really like to hit 5 miles a day over the summer. My exercise won't change much--walking and jogging. I just try to get out early and again later, after the sun is lower. I hate wearing mosquito repellant, but it really helps, so I do it. If I am in Florida, I go running after the sun has set. My mom lives in a gated community with a 1 kilometer circle for the main drive, so I use this. It's fun and different from my usual jogs, and I enjoy myself despite the fact that it's often over 90F and 90% humidity. To me, sweat is like oiling my muscles and it feels good. So does the dip in the pool (after a quick shower).

I need to start some strength building with weights but I keep saying that instead of doing it.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Helps if the keyboard is 3 inches closer (could not find the right keys). That's what I get for trying to type at this hour.

Back to work, boss is out but she had told us what to work on while she is gone (stand in line and get your adult diapers kind of memo).

Rained last night- not completely unusual but it left high humidity.

Spaghetti is the last entree to make this week. Dog is up and fed and my going back to sleep will be easy today. I need to walk both breaks today and raise my step #. Ankles are too puffy - raised them a little higher last night but the change in air pressure probably did not help. So I am trying to increase my # of steps.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning from sunny South Central WI. Hoping for the predicted warm-up, and right now it's already the high from yesterday (43) so looking good.

Not much on my agenda other than work and walk. My kids need junk food so I guess I'll swing by the store at some point, too. Maybe I'll just send them. I planned to get up and out today but yeah, that didn't happen.

219.8, up 1.5 after Sunday's lowest in a few years. Not worried--that weight was artificially low and where I am today is so much better than before, especially given the lovely Chinese and cheesecake I had for Mother's Day.

Hoping to be fully awake by 8:30; I'm a bit fuzzy this morning and look like I slept on my face for 12 hours :)
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Tuesday!
    Just popping in to say Hi.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

......and I too am popping also just to say Hi!.....

BBL

Lana

257.2 result of yesterday's pity party eating festival
    258.8 highest
    214.0 year end goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I need to walk more than 5k so I walked with a neighbor and between walking breaks and after dinner walk I got 6700 so hoping to make this a trend.

Windy and cloudy but lovely sunsets. Saw a rainbow this morning walking Miss T at 6:30am and I had to look twice dont usually see rainbows at sunrise.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

I work for a health/hospital company and saw my first COVID patient in my part of the process in billing. We have hospitals across the state and this one was in LA which is being hard hit. In order to make production I usually cant pay attention but that one did.

Food choices have been better and it is showing up slowly on the scale.

Note to self: feed dog last meds earlier and she might not ask to go outside at "seriously dark am".

Hey Lana can the pity party festival be on the same day as "I just walked a trail for 3 miles" ? So maybe the pity party is a "wash"? Just a thought.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

Unfortunately, a pity party happens when I am overwhelmed by a trigger in the Divorce My Rotten DH Dept., and sometimes I can't control when an eruption from him occurs or how badly it hits.
    I picked myself up again yesterday, and I'm back on the balance beam.
    I'm getting ready to walk with the Ladies this morning - in the rain!

BBL

Lana

256.4 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Enjoy your walk in the rain Lana??? Great job going for one - very good!
    Hi Sarah and Maureen, Tracy and Dawn and all others who stop by.

CW 194.4
    HW 207
    GW 180 by 9/30

Gave up on the short term goals....was not helping me. Have a bigger goal in mind now :wink:
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hey to all. Just finished my lunch time dog park walk--only time for 1.5, but it feels good to move at that time after being online working all morning. We are--I hope--into "warm only" weather for a few months now. So nice to have a sunny, breezy day in the low 60s. Feels so good to move in that fresh air.

I was totally pissed off by something on FB. Seriously considering a break on using it. My sibs now text mostly to communicate, and there are only a few folks I care to see on there that I can't reach otherwise. I may just send my email to those I want to "see," and delete the app from my phone. And my computer. Just a bit of a social experiment.

Weight back down from yesterday about 1/2 a lb, so my Mother's Day treats didn't cause any lasting damage. I knew they wouldn't--it's just nice to see it in the numbers, too.

Ok, back to work. TTFN.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Yippee! Almost Friday.

Walked around the parking lot last night to get 6200 steps. Boring as crap but I was not interested in wandering further. Cold and windy still - Winter's last hurrah - not unusual for May and it makes sleeping easier so I dont mind.

Department meeting with Director this morning. We shall see what exciting news she has. Oops sarcasm at this hour might be too painful - sorry.

Dog is up and fed- lucky girl.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there and make it your best Thursday.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Two steps forwards and one back, I now have to send my work to Mrs Monster for her or lead to audit all of my work. I hope she enjoys it as it is my intention to not make any mistakes.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh for goodness' sake Sara. It's amazing what you have to deal with just to make a living. Good luck with all this. You will do just fine!

Waving to all who stop by later on~~

Lana
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Silly governor is issuing citations and finds and revoking licenses to stop moving into the yellow for certain counties. I'm hoping to get to DE to clean my camper. We'll see. Have a good Thursday.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    okay no re-do today!! do the happy dance. Tomorrow is Friday - hang on a little longer.
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Sara, that is good news. You will appreciate this. My supervisor can be a total d*ck. Today he was ragging on my co-worker and me for something I had actually taken care of. He forgot. He's overwhelmed with Covid--school closures have created an awful lot of extra work for everyone. So he's stressed. I get it. But of course I got stressed as he passed on his stress to me. I hate it when I let that happen. I'm really good with students about not letting their anxiety/defensiveness/anger/aggression get to me. I just wish I could take his emotional swings in stride. I looked for a different job last year--his first year with us. And turned down an offer to give him another year. Now, IDK. I have options. One involves moving south and getting a job in a different state. I just don't know if I'm ready for that yet, and school closures could make it more difficult. But it's always an option--as is moving out of my building (well, I'm not actually in the building b/c I work at an off campus site), to get away from him. But I also think, "Better the devil you know . . . "

Oh, and no, he didn't apologize. He explained that he is stressed from all the demands on him. That's not an apology. And I already knew why he was acting like a twit.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Over 6k tonight.

Took down the kitchen table mess and I am already sneezing from dust.

Sat out on porch with knitting and dog looked at me like ??? but would not come out.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Today was a nice day. Had expected storms. Spent most of the day outside, putting together my Scentsy order and letting dogs enjoy the day..DH planted in the garden... hope we get lots of veggies, this year.. eating has been absolutely horrible... tomorrow is the very much anticipated return of favorite taco truck.. just can't help it, going to get some... it's the best, freshest Mexican in the area.. they're only here a few months... unfortunately, virus has postponed opening since March... ugh... they're only in town once a week... could be worse

Hugs Lana, Sara, Lynn

Waves to all

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

n7vxv8enl0qc.png

Still have no mistakes at work this week, will have to go back and check one just in case if I can.

We are scheduled to work at home until end of June - who thinks up these things?? With people going bonkers and running around like the store signs say "free" - I am just waiting to see if our policy for working at home doesnt change again.

Still cold weather with serious rain coming last part of weekend. Good sleeping weather though.

Dog is up and fed and happy.

Wave to all who follow. Do your Friday dance. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - that's cute about Tillie not coming out on the porch with you.... 😊

This morning is the Pumpkin Loop Walk with the Ladies, so it's time to jump in the shower and wake up!

BBL

Lana

254.0 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal