What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Replies

• MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Lately its eggs- like I'd swear I was pregnant if I didn't know I wasn't with certainty. I just like cant get enough sunny side eggs in my life as of late.

Also still grinding with my protein oat obsession- its just so easy to change the combos and have something more sweet or savory depending on mood.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    mkbyoxkl2vy7.png

forgot how good these are
  • pancakerunner
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Still fish. Any saltwater fish. Do not like fresh water fish taste or smell at all.

agreed. freshwater fish makes me gag.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Lately on the bar front its been Stoka bars. Been eating 2 of them a day.
    zse0za8p11lx.png
    3ql95squhib5.png
    ca19g2tp73os.png

They are just sooo good!

Also Clif builders bar cinnamon nut swirl.

• Noreenmarie1234
    This was an accidental substitution from a Shipt shopper. I am not vegan and was looking for wontons. But OMG low cal, you can fill them with literally anything (I have done scrambled eggs/cheese/meat, pizza style, buffalo chicken and a bunch more). 10 min in the air fryer and it tastes like you are eating something way naughtier. Nice and crispy.

How big is one wrapper in inches?
  • pancakerunner
    Lately on the bar front its been Stoka bars. Been eating 2 of them a day.
    zse0za8p11lx.png
    3ql95squhib5.png
    ca19g2tp73os.png

They are just sooo good!

Also Clif builders bar cinnamon nut swirl.

haha the new quest bar for you! @Noreenmarie1234
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Two new foods.

Friend gave me Kefir grains. I’m using the kefir in everything I was using the Greek yogurt for. It is amazing. Baked goods are fluffier, instant puddings are like the lightest of mousses. I made what I think is labneh and mixed it with spices for a vegetable dip and used the leftover whey to make a kick *kitten* loaf of crusty bread. Am going to try my hand at fermented butter and farmers cheese when my grains grow enough to produce more kefir, faster.

Second is mulberries. We picked some on a lark and I baked a pie. Now we are obsessed with them. I’ve made mulberry Cobbler three times. We have one away to an elderly neighbor, and some to friends. Now they are coming out of the woodworks begging for more.

We can’t get enough. My fingernails are stained purple. We’ve been cycling around looking for trees and today found two good ones chock full of big juicy berries we hope to pick tomorrow.

And happily, even though it’s baked with butter and sugar, 1/10th of a pie is actually very reasonable calorie wise, and is a generous piece. I could cut them down by halving the topping, but I’d rather save the calories for it. It’s just divine when freshly baked.

Found the recipe at random. It’s a keeper for any kind of fruit. https://www.latimes.com/recipe/crispy-mulberry-cobbler
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Two new foods.

Friend gave me Kefir grains. I’m using the kefir in everything I was using the Greek yogurt for. It is amazing. Baked goods are fluffier, instant puddings are like the lightest of mousses. I made what I think is labneh and mixed it with spices for a vegetable dip and used the leftover whey to make a kick *kitten* loaf of crusty bread. Am going to try my hand at fermented butter and farmers cheese when my grains grow enough to produce more kefir, faster.

Second is mulberries. We picked some on a lark and I baked a pie. Now we are obsessed with them. I’ve made mulberry Cobbler three times. We have one away to an elderly neighbor, and some to friends. Now they are coming out of the woodworks begging for more.

We can’t get enough. My fingernails are stained purple. We’ve been cycling around looking for trees and today found two good ones chock full of big juicy berries we hope to pick tomorrow.

And happily, even though it’s baked with butter and sugar, 1/10th of a pie is actually very reasonable calorie wise, and is a generous piece. I could cut them down by halving the topping, but I’d rather save the calories for it. It’s just divine when freshly baked.

Found the recipe at random. It’s a keeper for any kind of fruit. https://www.latimes.com/recipe/crispy-mulberry-cobbler

Oh yes, I loooove mulberries
  • pancakerunner
    Two new foods.

Oh yes, I loooove mulberries

same!
  • pancakerunner
    milk drops!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I have been making sandwiches with french toast recently. They are really awesome.
  • pancakerunner
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I have been making sandwiches with french toast recently. They are really awesome.

how?? isn't this messy?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    milk drops!
    ?????? Explain?

I’m wondering if it’s like honey crystals? I just discovered these

A teaspoon takes any dessert to new heights. There’s spicy ginger honey crystals , too.
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    "A" food? Come on, gimme a break! 😜😜🤣🤣🤣
  • pancakerunner
    milk drops!
    ?????? Explain?

A teaspoon takes any dessert to new heights. There’s spicy ginger honey crystals , too.

fppn1ycxz3i0.jpg
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Mine is going to be weird, egg salad! I'm on a Dijon mustard kick and have been getting eggs more often recently so it's the perfect marriage of the two!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    milk drops!
    ?????? Explain?

fppn1ycxz3i0.jpg

Omg I need the cotton candy. I want to use it in pudding, yogurt, protein fluff, protein ice cream, baked goods, etc! I’ve never seen these, ill have to find what stores sell them by me.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I'm obsessing (for several months now) red cabbage...so much so that I bought one (not a big one either) for $11 dollars yesterday...
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member

how?? isn't this messy?

No butter or syrup. Just fried egg soaked bread.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member

how?? isn't this messy?

No butter or syrup. Just fried egg soaked bread.

That sounds like heaven.