Women 200lb+, Let's Be Mighty this May!!!

Options

Replies

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the house sale!, @AlexandraFindsHerself1971! I bet that is a relief. Here's hoping your move to the new house goes smoothly.
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Only have time for a few quick shout outs, but I have been reading everyone's posts!

@lbostic89 I recall you saying you worked in healthcare. Thank you for taking care of everyone and I am glad you are safe and healthy! So happy to see you back!

@speyerj Happy birthday and congratulations on making your goal! Your efforts are truly inspiring and I am glad you are continuing on to see where the rest of the journey takes you!

@keriA I'm so impressed with the work you have done over the past few months. Not just losing the weight you have lost but identifying areas, like lattes, that were holding you back. Those insights will serve you well as you move forward.

@mmdeveau Thank you for your raw post. I'm sorry this has been so frustrating. I have been following research and can't believe how ignorant some people are about this virus. It is maddening to me as a citizen but I would be even more furious as a medical worker. It sounds like you need to have a conversation with this friend to clear the air and then perhaps move on without her. But I do agree with @speyerj that there is a lot of bad information out there and people are clinging on to hopes because they are afraid and miss normal life.

@pamiede your progress photos and journey are so inspiring to me!!

@BrownSugar174 your closet sparked joy for me! :) Mine are are not as organized or colorful but I have purged a lot of clothes I have no intention of fitting back into! I'm looking forward to donating them when Goodwill opens back up.

@RavenStCloud you are doing fantastic this month! Congrats, especially after dealing with such a difficult move and the coronavirus.

Hugs to everyone else - I am cheering you on!
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    @mmdeveau I posted a response before I read your latest post about your friend, and had made some assumptions that may not have been accurate. Anyway. It sounds like she is a taker and you are a giver, and she has taken advantage and doesn't appreciate you. I think it's time to move on. I'm sorry. But it is so liberating to stick up for yourself and let negative people who take advantage of you go.
  • supersparklyk
    supersparklyk Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @KeriA As someone who was born and raised in Seattle, I am also a coffee enthusiast and enjoyed your thoughts on the subject. I now live across the country and so I have my own countertop espresso machine. I can give up many things, but coffee will be the very last to go! Also, I am pretty frugal, so making my own is a must. I have discovered that if I make my lattes with unsweetened coconut milk or coconut/almond milk, my daily drink doesn't have a big impact on my calories. Even with a little creamer added, it's under 200 calories, and is something I look forward to every morning. But I sure do miss Seattle's Best!!