Complaints about U.S. fast food... Something needs to be don

Options
1234568»

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there were trailer parks in the UK.
  • dmpizza
    Options
    I didn't know there were trailer parks in the UK.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    i thought the idea of the chain fast food companies whas that it was so standardised that no matter where you are, its all the same.

Not at all.......Even within the U.S. depending what area you are in. Years ago when I would travel more often and ate fast food McDonalds would have food on their menu that has never been sold around where I live. They have to market towards the area they are in.

But in my opinion all fast food is mediocre to bad so I rarely eat it no matter where I am at anymore. When I travel across the pond I sure will not be eating at any type of fast food place. I will research food places in that area and then ask my MFP friends for the best places to go :wink:
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    ALTHOUGH..someone at work was saying he went into subway in the US and asked for a cheese and tomato sandwich and she couldn't comprehend the fact that was ALL he wanted on his sub. She literally told him he couldn't have that because it's not a valid sandwich hahahaha. That's definately something English that we love then!

Oh that was just a dumb chick, I get a toasted cheese sandwich for my son all the time.
  • routerguy666
    Options
    TLDR: went to foreign land, thought the food sucked.
  • ascoope
    Options
    Yes I'm in NYC also. Arby's? Subway? An essential???

That was a joke- he was saying, "hey, next time you go to NYC check out Subway and that news stand on the corner!".... because that's totally what you want to spend your vacation doing.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    The problem as I see it is that your fiance will only eat KFC.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I only read page one of replies. Is this a real post? I'm confused!!! New York has some of the best eating in the world. Fast food is fast food. On the same block in NYC you can find a McDonalds and an affordable gourmet deli. Who would choose the KFC and McD's when there are good places to eat everywhere you go?
  • dmpizza
    Options
    Yesssss Suggesting White Castle is an excellent way out of the horrible premise of this post. I love White Castle.

As a New Yorker, I get more and more confused about this post. Its horrid. As a lifelong New Yorker, I am just plain insulted that when you came here, you ate enough fast food to make detailed complaints about it.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Who would choose the KFC and McD's when there are good places to eat everywhere you go?

Depends on the price! I love both McD's and a nice steak, but if one is 5 times the price, ill take the McD's every time!
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You came to america for holiday and only ate fast food?

lol there are fantastic restaurants around. Fast food sucks anyway and is a waste of money. lol

Plus if I were to go to england, KFC or MCd's wouldn't be on my list of "Restaurants I MUST eat at"

lol this post makes me giggle.

Ditto!!! And did anyone else find it strange to be on a health and fitness site ranting about the state of fried chicken and fries to begin with? No only would I not eat KFC if I went to England, I don't eat it here!!!

Being married to a Brit, I have discovered how very very different our food cultures are. But I can tell you, for everything that she misses about England food, she can name at least one that is better here. Beans aside. I'll stick with my "sweet" beans and let her keep her tomato/vinegary ones ALL to herself :)

PS: She was appalled at the thought of "scones with white meat sauce" until she had biscuits and gravy and LOVED IT!!!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I agree...is this for real or a joke?
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    You went to New York and ate fast food...With all the mom and pop restaurants and amazing restaurants you went to KFC and McDonalds.. *shakes head* I hope this is a joke.

Not to mention complaining about fast food is just that fast food. Some places do it better then others. I lived overseas in England for 2 semesters in college. Trust me when I say fast food sucks everywhere. Not to mention how greasy fish and chips were in a lot of the pubs. (Even thought they tasted great with some beers)