NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @trooworld that sounds like a great salad. I'm glad you're happy with your condo. I almost bought one a few years ago but it all just seemed overwhelming. Now I think I would be more apt to take the plunge without thinking about it lol. Not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. But I could do a bigger deposit now.

@cbabie YAY for the little one sleeping 8 hours. Before you know it she'll be sleeping in and you'll have to drag her out of bed!

@TeresaW1020 I did paint a place once and it looked good. I had two friends help me, we had a lot of fun. Of course that was 20 years ago. I would be more apt to hire someone to do it now. But then that is why I'm like- I might as well buy my own place rather then spend in a place I'm renting. Or I could just be lazy and leave it lol......That sounds like a wonderful day! I'm glad you were able to go out and enjoy together. That is exciting about the ring.

@trooworld the points...I found points were high for healthy stuff like nuts or avocado....in the end I didn't like their system bc I would eat healthy but still run out. But stuff like the spritzers yeah would be high....although you can get very light alcoholic drinks now, like calorie friendly stuff.

An update on the bike- they said they can't adjust the handlebars, I would have to replace them. So there is no guarantee that will work and if they modify it I can't return it. So I told them I would return it. I will try again when the bike shops are open and I can go actually try some bikes out before buying them. That will be what- 2-3 Years? Just kidding. I hope.

Taking it back will be a hassle bc they're not actually open to customers so I asked them to tell me what to do.

And I will just continue with my short walks.

Been very busy at work and really looking forward to a break. I get the first two weeks of June off. I have nothing to do but at least I won't be working!

Take care all
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    Hello all. I made a decision last night: I am going to switch my eating plan back to the GREEN plan on WW. I seemed to do better on that. So, today I am switching back. I also put a lot of thought into my meal plan next week and the only day that is going to be really high in points is going to be Sunday, which is when we are having BBQ for Memorial Day (ribs, potato salad). Hopefully, I can turn this ship around! ;)

@its_cleo Oh no! I'm so sorry the bike's a bad fit. I'm glad that you can return it, though. ((( HUGS ))) Yes, that salad was really refreshing. I hope you do take the plunge, homeownership has its trials but it's worth it at the end of the day! :) Hopefully, your area starts opening up soon. My area, they just got the approval to start having some outdoor dining and in-person shopping, so I'm starting to feel a bit hopeful that things will get back to normal. That's good that you have the first two weeks of June off.

COMMITTED.
    May goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited May 2020
    @teresaw1020 In about 6 weeks we will have finished 1/2 of the year. Where are you in relation to where you wanted to be at the end of six months. TX Roadhouse is one of my favorite restaurants. Can't wait to see a pic of the opal ring.

@trooworld Time to go back to preplanning your points either night before or first thing in the morning. If you wanted to keep your meals you could always cut down the portion sizes so you are still enjoying the taste of the foods you love but less of it. I used to have to do that with things like my corn bread. Some days I could eat a full piece other times I might only get 1/2 to 2/3. I would plug it in before I ate it in the morning. Keep plugging away til you find your plan that works for you.

@its_cleo I wonder now with the three WW plans how it works with the avacados and nuts. I guess Troo will tell us. Sorry about the bike. Hopefully you can work it out soon. So disappointing. You sound like me on the painting. I used to do all of my own and now I don't want to do it. So I just live with what I have. Dh says we could do it together and be done quick. Yeah, I know that game.

Green Day Stayed OP 207/238 Exercise-Free Day

May goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals via exercise
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I have been pre-tracking/pre-planning. Even with that, I've been way over. It's just that since I've already bought the food for the week, I can't change what I'm making, I have to eat what I've bought. I can't cut down on portion sizes, I'll be hungry. :( (Okay, does that sound like the classic overweight person or what?) I guess what I could have done was cut the portion sizes down on the high-points foods and add in zero points steamed veggies. Anyway, it's the end of the week and it's a moot point, my week starts over tomorrow! Thanks for the help, I appreciate you trying to help my stubborn self! :) RE: avocados and nuts...they are still about the same points for each I think. No matter what the plan. Some things don't matter what plan you are on, they are the same points. I have no way of checking because I would have to switch plans to check, but when I checked some things on green vs blue, I found that to be true. Can't think of an instance right now though.

COMMITTED.
    May goal: track all meals, do some form of exercise 3 times a week, drink 52 oz of water per day
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @its_cleo, ohhh that is a terrible bummer about the bike!! I am so sorry that it didn’t work and that you have to return it. I really do hope that your bike shop opens soon and that all the businesses will reopen. Maybe things will reopen some and you can enjoy your two weeks off in June. :)

@trooworld, haha! I tried the Blue plan for a couple of days and just switched back to Green plan too. I still use way more of my weekly points then I should. Your Memorial Day BBQ sounds good. We are doing hotdogs because DH loves them sooo much. :D That is good news that your area is starting to reopen.

@theslightedgeforever, Ugghhhh I’m nowhere near where I had planned to be six months ago. Except with my workouts. I really have made that a major part of my life and I love how far I’ve come and what I can do now. But how to make my diet a major part of my life. That is still a work in progress. But I’m not giving up and that has to count for something. :p

Good morning! Well, I managed to lose a tiny bit of weight even after my dinner and dessert out with DH. Sooo that is good news but I’m still a long way from where I should be and that makes me so frustrated with myself. But I have a plan that I’m going to try starting today and I will let you know at next week’s weigh-in if it worked. ;) Today is clean my house day so that I can have a guilt free weekend. I hope you all have a great weekend!

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Yes that sounds like a hungry person. Do you have any zero point f&v to tide you over til the next meal? So you have a new week to do it right this time.

@teresaw1020 Not giving up is the way to go. You are just finding out all the ways that don't work. So how about pick one thing and make that a part of your lifestyle like you did exercise. What would that be? What would be a "big rock"? something that would really help you and make a big difference.

So here's some good thoughts from the 100 day book I'm reading. Chasing Cupcakes by Elizabeth Benton

Transformation is not a journey you pursue, transformation is now. Change happens in any moment you choose it.

Transformation is a decision not a destination. Excellence is not an aspiration, excellence is the next five minutes. Excellence is an opportunity that exists no matter what you are doing in the next five minutes.

Transformation is a present choice, not a future outcome. You don't have to earn it, you have to choose it and every choice is a chance.

When you plan to do better tomorrow, you miss the chances in front of you today.

When you see change as something that exists in the future, what you don’t see clearly is the opportunity to choose change now. You don’t take responsibility for the work that presents itself today because who and how you want to be is out on the horizon of your life.

Transformation is Now means you can be different right now. You need to be. This is when change happens. NOW not tomorrow. This next moment is your chance. This next meal is your chance. The next moment is your opportunity. No choice is too small to make a difference.

Yellow Day- Stayed OP 165/200 Exercise 20 min walking

May goals: Green Dot day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cal via exercise :/
  • TeresaW1020
    @theslightedgeforever, thanks for those really wise words from your book! I was just telling my Fat2Fit group that I was going to push a little harder and make this last week of the month count. I’m not going to have an “all or nothing” attitude. I’m going to have a “not right now” attitude. Then I read what you posted and it all just fits so well. It really is about right now! What I do in this moment is going to determine what I do in the next moment.

I was talking about how disciplined I have become with my workouts and if only I could do that with my eating. The reason I can take a day off from working out is that I know how hard I work the other of the days of the week. That is how I need to be with my eating. If I indulge it needs to be because I have been on point with my other meals that this one meal is a treat and not something to feel guilt and shame over. Does that make sense? I think it makes sense to me. :)
  • trooworld
    Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! I am happy to report that I had a good weigh-in: I am down 2.4 lbs from last week. So, a total of 13.3 lbs so far since March 1st. I really needed that scale motivational boost!

@TeresaW1020 Yeah blue plan not so good for me! :( I guess I need those extra points lol. We decided to make baked beans on Memorial Day as well. It's going to be a high point day!!! I'll be digging into my weeklies for sure. ;) I love hot dogs, too. If we weren't doing ribs, we'd be doing hamburgers and hot dogs. Yes, it is good news that we are starting to reopen, it gives me so much hope! <3 Congrats on the loss, even if it was a small one, you are heading in the right direction. Good luck with your new plan. Have a great weekend!

@theslightedgeforever I have cherries and a bag of frozen broccoli. I'm definitely doing next week better. Except for Sunday. Sunday is going to be not so good. I shouldn't say it that way. I'll put it like this: I choose to spend more points on Sunday on BBQ food for Memorial Day celebration. Transformation is Now, I like that. I never liked the "I'll start Monday" type of thinking. Why not start with the next bite?

COMMITTED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 It definitely makes sense to me. For my transformation is now thinking, I found an app called Tally that I have three "categories" set up. Now, Later, Never So if I come across a task whether health related or not, small or big, if the thought to do it runs through my head and it takes two minutes or less or already scheduled and I do it NOW then I get a tally mark. If I procrastinate saying, I'll do it later today then a tally in Later. Then I make a note of what that item is. I have 24 hours to do it....if I don't, then it gets moved to Never with a note. (so I can see what I'm putting off. I already have put "water plants" in the Never column. :/ I said, there's always tomorrow. One day won't hurt. If its a healthy choice task like I said no to a donut, I give myself a tally mark as I am choosing to be healthy NOW versus later. So we'll see how this works.

@trooworld Congrats on your weight loss. So I'm confused. You sounded like you were going over your points last week but you lost 2+ lbs. Which is great. So maybe you were over tracking some things. I was thinking about your comment about being hungry. In one of my 100 day books we had to think of when we have felt real pain in our lives and compare it to that. Then we had to write a response card so the next time I say but I'll be hungry this is what I'm supposed to tell myself TOLERATE IT! Hunger and cravings aren't emergencies. I can tolerate them. They are mild compared to TMJ pain and after abdominal surgery pain. besides I'm going to eat again within 2-3 hours. So what would your response card say?

Green Day Went Over 277/238 gms Exercise-30 min

May goals: Green Dot Day :( Drink 4.5 glasses water o:) Burn 200 cals via exercise o:)
  • trooworld
    Good morning everyone! I hope those that are absent are doing well and can pop back in soon. :)

@theslightedgeforever Yeah, I'm not sure what happened. I think I do a pretty good job of tracking things pretty accurately, but maybe not. Something is going wrong but in my favor. ;) re: the hunger. I really like your response. Mine would say this: You've survived a broken arm and that was a true emergency. Hunger and cravings are not emergencies. Am I hungry enough to eat an apple? If I am, then I should eat an apple instead.

COMMITTED.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hey all

Well the good news for me- I went to return the bike and the guys at the bike shop were really nice. I talked to them about the problem and they suggested a new part to raise the handlebars higher. They said if it didn't work I could still return the bike. So I tried it out yesterday and it seemed much better. I will go for another ride tomorrow and see how it is, but I'm pretty optimistic. it would be nice to be able to get some cardio.

@trooworld congrats on the loss!

@theslightedgeforever sounds like a good book. I can never read books like that, I get bored. I tried an audio book and I don't think I made it past the preface lol. I'm just not a big reader anymore.

@TeresaW1020 that sounds like a good plan to me. I think feeling guilt and shame is not very helpful.

It sounds like some of you are having bbqs for the long weekend! Enjoy. I'm going to the butcher shop later today to get some lamb. I may also get some steaks, burger. Whatever they have. I don't normally go to a butcher but I always do when I want lamb. I find the lamb in the grocery store too fatty.

Summer has really arrived here. I have one more week of work and then I'm done for 2 weeks!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Whatever happened it was a good thing for you. May you do the wrong thing again. ;):D Ooh that's a good response card.

@its_cleo That's great about the bike. I see alot of summer bike rides in your future. Helping to make you fit and firm. I can't do audio books. My mind wanders too much. I'm only reading 2-3 pages a day cause it's spread out over 100 days and then we have questions to answer so it's in bite size pieces. Plus journaling my thoughts on the subject matter I read for the day. I love lamb. I don't find too many people that do. So I'm glad you are my lamb buddy.

Yellow Day-Went Over 222/200 Exercise-Free Day

May goals: Green Dot Day- :( Drink 4.5 glasses of water o:) Burn 200 cals via exercise
  • TeresaW1020
    @its_cleo, that is great that you think you got the problem fixed with the bike. I have never had lamb. I always wanted to try it but I have no confidence in how to cook it. I watch chefs cook it all the time on cooking shows and understand that it can be done really wrong. What do you do with it? :)

@theslightedgeforever, that app sounds interesting! So, I guess if you get a new plant it better be a cactus? :D I really like what you said to trooworld about how we can tolerate hunger and cravings compared to the real pain that we have had in our lives. I’m still trying to stretch my fasting time and will have to try that approach. :)

@trooworld, I’m with you in hoping that our friends on here are doing well and that they will check-in. So, what is on the menu today? B)

Good morning and happy Memorial Day! Yesterday, I overate on points by having grilled hotdogs and chips and then two glasses of wine. I’m back on track today with lots of water and eating much lighter. I joined this water drinking challenge on FB, which hopefully will help me stay more mindful. Not much going on today. It’s booty day on my workout program so that should be really hard. I’m on week five of this program and I love the progression and how much my flexibility and balance have improved. I still can’t do a stupid burpee but I can do a full plank without thinking I’m going to die. :grin:
  • trooworld
    @its_cleo That's great news about the bike! I hope it works out for you. Thanks re: the loss. Yeah, we are having an indoor bbq since we don't have a grill...I'm doing ribs in my Ninja Foodi lol. Enjoy your lamb/steaks! Yes, it's starting to get a little hot here, too.

@theslightedgeforever I know, right? I'll just keep doing it wrong all the way down to 165 lbs lol! I'm one of those people that don't really like lamb except in gyros. It's too gamey for me. But then again, even chicken thighs are too "gamey" for me. ;)

@TeresaW1020 Well, we were supposed to do the bbq yesterday but my husband had to go caretake his brother so we are having the ribs (made in my Ninja Foodi) today along with potato salad and baked beans for lunch. For dinner, I'm going to have a single buffalo chicken eggroll (3 pts) + some steamed veggies to keep the points down/balance the points a little. How about you? I'm glad you enjoyed your hot dogs yesterday. :)

COMMITTED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I'm enjoying the app so far but my attention span can be somewhat limited so I will let it run its course and hopefully it will be a long while. It's a real time motivator and shows me look what I CAN DO. Most of items aren't health/fitness related but it spills over. Funny but I hate cactus because they aren't pretty. lol I do need hardy plants though. I do have some pretty flowers in my yard and some not so pretty. lol Flexibility and balance is so important as we age. Nothing that I'm suggesting you are older. lol

@trooworld Yummy, gyros. I think it depends on the age of the sheep, probably it's living conditions/food too. I like lamb stew, lamb chops, lamb and rice. But hubby can't eat red meat cause of a blood condition so I don't cook it at home. So sick of chicken all the time cause I'm not a seafood eater. Oh well. I eat red meat when I'm out. Good for you for trying to keep your points down.

Green Day-Stayed OP 198/238 Exercise-did not exercise

May goals: Green Dot Day o:) Drink 4.5 glasses of water :( Burn 200 cals via exercise :(
  • trooworld
    Hi everyone! My BBQ food yesterday turned out really delicious. I ate too much though. We ate at about 1:00 p.m. and I didn't end up eating dinner. I hadn't eaten breakfast either, so I really just ate once yesterday. But I ate enough points for all 3 meals lol. I only eat that kind of food a couple of times a year, so I'm not going to feel guilty about it.

@theslightedgeforever That's right, I forgot about your hubby's condition. Can you eat seafood? Do you like seafood? I did try to keep my points down, but we'll see! :) How did you do?

COMMITTED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Only type of seafood I like is fish and chips. ;) So back to your plan today. Have you been sticking to your exercise plan this week? That's where I'm falling short. I started out good and then fizzled. So that needs some consistency. I will be working on my exercise. I've been using my juicer more because dh likes to watch youtube and see all the healthy concoctions he can come up with. I need to send him How to videos on the juicer and other gadgets in my kitchen. I just really hate cleaning that juicer. I have an internal debate always going on. Look how many carbs that juice has versus look how many minerals and vitamins that juice has. Current concotion is beetroot, carrot, ginger, plum, spinach, cucumber. I dilute it with some water to lower my carbs. But I'm sure dilutes the minerals and vitamins. I'm not really one to drink my calories. June is almost here. I've tried to be in maintenance mode for this past May and I slowed my gain. Now is time to start lowering my carbs a bit back down to the original plan. Although I figured out my numbers to stay within two lbs. Last time I tried, that didn't work.

Yellow Day-195/200 Stayed OP Exercise-did not exercise

May goals: Green Dot Day o:) 4.5 glasses of water :| Burn 200 cals via exercise :(
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld, you did so great with your BBQ dinner. You totally enjoyed it and accepted the points but you also didn’t overdo it for the rest of the day. That is exactly how we should enjoy special occasions. :)

@theslightedgeforever, I would never suggest that you said I was getting older. But it’s true!!!! :D

Good morning! I’m up early because I have to take mom to get some blood work done so her kidney doctor can check her potassium. Healthwise she is doing really well here. She is losing weight and her blood pressure, which is usually through the roof, has been almost perfect. So, that is all great. I just wish she would do some sort of exercise. She keeps saying that she will. Hmm?? :| I joined a 40-day challenge on my intermittent fasting group on FB with the hope that it will help motivate me to start losing. It goes to July 4th which is good timing because I will be back in church on June 28th and it would be nice to be able to fit into my clothes. ;) I went grocery shopping and I didn’t buy any of the little “extras” that I like to have in the afternoons. And if I can’t begin to control my PB intake that might have to leave the house too. Speaking of PB, @cbabie where are you and I hope you are doing OK. <3
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I don't really have a set exercise plan, just a goal of 3 exercise sessions a week. So far this week, I have went for 2 walks on Monday and did yoga yesterday so I'd say I'm on track. Yeah, I used to have a juicer and that was the problem with my juicer, the cleaning. That concoction sounds really good! I know you'll work out the numbers to start losing again.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! I just hope that the scale doesn't punish me on Saturday. :/ That's great that your mom's health is doing better. Yeah I was wondering about @cbabie, too. I miss you girl! <3

COMMITTED.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    I’m still here. Just been busy. Haven’t been working out but have been getting lots of steps and active minutes in doing yard work.

Goals today are to stay within calories and get my steps in. Possible do a set of weights

Getting serious June 1 again. Weight has crept up a couple pounds again. Still struggling to get below 150. Got close 151.2. Today 153.6