Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    Hi all! I've been in NY a month, and still have 3 weeks to go. Babies are great, teaching is kicking my a**, but we have a routine. I'm really missing home though.

Hi Snoo!

Here's a link that will SUPER help you help your darling grands:

Christian-based free homeschooling curriculum:
    https://allinonehomeschool.com/

Here's a secular one

At-home Learning Resources for Kids
    Living room turned into a makeshift classroom? We're here to help with hand-selected lessons and activities for cooped-up kids.
    Jamie Uphold | March 17, 2020

During these interruptions to learning, the Mensa Foundation is proud to provide you with resources that can offer enrichment and educational opportunities for your child. Mensa for Kids, powered by the Mensa Foundation, is full of lesson plans, activities, TED Connections, and other learning opportunities. Check back with us as we continue to update and add to these resources.

https://www.mensaforkids.org/read/blog/at-home-learning-resources-for-kids/

Here's just a peek into somethings available to help...click the link above for active links to all of the activities and a WHOLE LOT more!

Cross-Curricular Online Platforms

New: The San Diego Zoo Academy is providing eight weeks of complimentary animal species online learning modules.
    New: MIT’s Full STEAM Ahead project curates exsisting STEAM resources for K-12, higher education, and workforce learners, including a weekly package of relevant materials for K-12 students and teachers.

Education.com is providing free access to some of its best resources during school closures, including printable workbooks, independent learning worksheets, games, activities, songs, stories and exercises.

Time for Kids has opened up all of its 2020 content, including teaching materials, its entire digital library, and teaching tools utilizing Time for Kids Magazine.

Renzulli Learning is opening its remote elearning platform for free for rest of year. Create individualized, highly engaging learning opportunities to help students at higher levels, with adaptations for those who are not.

The You Can Do the Rubik’s Cube Program offers free, downloadable K-12 lessons written by teachers and tested in the classroom. Available in multiple languages.

The New York Times Learning Network vertical hosts lessons across subjects and current events using the Times multimedia content.

Scholastic’s Learn at Home program includes immersive day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.

Hand2Mind hosts daily activity and lesson plans for grades K-5.

The Smithsonian’s children’s website
    Kids Discovery is a cross-curricular learning platform for elementary and middle school children, with access to more than 2,000 visually stunning science and social studies articles.

IXL hosts personalized curriculum for teaching and self-learning, including a searchable index.
    The National Endowment for the Humanities hosts an impressive collection of lesson plans and teacher’s guides.
    Super Charged School features lesson plans and activities taught by educators covering several subjects.
    Education.com provides open access to resources for students in pre-K through 5th grade, with printable lessons and guided instruction.

Khan Academy offers helpful daily learning schedules for kids ages 4-18.

Baltimore City Schools has published learning packets for pre-K through 12th grade, as well as gifted and advanced learning materials.

The Compton Unified School District also has learning packets for pre-K through 12th grade.

Kerens Independent School District has published printable learning packets for grades K-5.

Albert.io features 105 tools for distance learning that are perfect for educating kids in the home.

WOW! Thanks so much my friend!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    snoo61 wrote: »
    After NY, I'll be home for a month, then go to Florida to help clean out dad's house (my dad died 2 weeks ago). In September I'll be back in NY for the birth of our 4th grandchild! Pray for me, this is a lot. Love you!

I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved father {{{ Hugs }}}, but as per ALWAYS, your attitude is so admirable and inspirational, I LOVE you Snoo and pls. know you are ever in my heart/thoughts and prayers. This is so a LOT and I am so grateful for the way you think and are.

ix2bf2b7pcq1.png

Again, thank you! I appreciate all the support. :smiley:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Haven’t been on here for quite some time! Still working on my 15 minute a day decluttering challenge. Most days I do several 15 minute sessions.

Just like my quest for better health and fitness, decluttering is a permanent process. The clutter just keeps on coming, and you have to stay on top of it 😂

Weight wise, I’m now in maintenance, having discarded 78lbs. I hope to reach maintenance in household clutter soon, to match my streamlined physique 😂

My weight loss and decluttering are going hand in hand as part of my evolving lifestyle. I am gradually overcoming the conditioning of a deprived childhood where nothing was wasted, or thrown away.

We were the original reuse/recycle/repurpose society.

2020 started out as my Depth Year, where I was determined to buy only essential items, repurpose what I already owned, or get rid of anything I no longer needed. Lockdown has stalled the last one a little, but only temporarily. I’m doing my usual winter into summer cull of my wardrobe, and will get rid of the cast offs as soon as the opportunity arises.

Great to see you, Terri. x Yep, we started earlier than most.

I started in 2016 while I was getting close to my maintenance weight.

It's been wonderful seeing the world catch on and reuse/repurpose the things we all now share.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!