What's on your mind?

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it... it does make a sound because sound is just a pressure wave πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

And the laws of physics dictate such a wave πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ

It depends on your definition of sound. You’ve defined it as sound waves that exist without being perceived, but someone else might say that the word sound implies a listener -that we can’t even have this conversation without the understanding that sound is something that is heard (or felt).

giphy.gif
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it... it does make a sound because sound is just a pressure wave πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

It depends on your definition of sound. You’ve defined it as sound waves that exist without being perceived, but someone else might say that the word sound implies a listener -that we can’t even have this conversation without the understanding that sound is something that is heard (or felt).

giphy.gif

Today I interpret this as innuendo. Because I feel like it
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited May 2020

Also, why you tryna fight? 😍

Well I did consider the observer effect, although now we're getting into did the tree even fall to begin with, or rather did the tree even exist at all...

If we are going to assume that a tree did fall then we must also fairly assume that pressure waves were created, in other words sound

And to answer your question for the makeup sesh πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ... in the wood, where sounds can be heard and felt... 😏
  • TwitchyMacGee

Well I did consider the observer effect, although now we're getting into did the tree even fall to begin with, or rather did the tree even exist at all...

If we are going to assume that a tree did fall then we must also fairly assume that pressure waves were created, in other words sound

And to answer your question for the makeup sesh πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ... in the wood, where sounds can be heard and felt... 😏

Can the tree even exist without me?

I kinda like the fight πŸ’•
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

Well now you're changing the question entirely...

However tho, there is one thing that we can be certain of after death... And that is life goes on, and the world still turns... So quite possibly yes, the tree can still exist without us...

Now can it exist without ANYONE around to observe IT? I'm starting to think yes, because we are nothing more than the universe manifesting itself as a human and observing itself...

And if so, then the wind blowing, the sun shinning, the ground the tree is growing from, also is the universe observing itself... Regardless of our presence

• TwitchyMacGee

However tho, there is one thing that we can be certain of after death... And that is life goes on, and the world still turns... So quite possibly yes, the tree can still exist without us...

Now can it exist without ANYONE around to observe IT? I'm starting to think yes, because we are nothing more than the universe manifesting itself as a human and observing itself...

And if so, then the wind blowing, the sun shinning, the ground the tree is growing from, also is the universe observing itself... Regardless of our presence

What proof do you have that yesterday even exists? That anything beyond this moment is real?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits

What proof do you have that yesterday even exists? That anything beyond this moment is real?

Oh we're so having a fight πŸ˜πŸ˜‚...

It depends on your definition of reality and proof I suppose πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

Can I say something is real because I've observed it and can touch it? In some respects, but if you want to get all metaphysical I suppose not...

Same thing can be said for proof... You can prove someone committed the crime but did they really or is this all an illusion to begin with πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

I believe yesterday, tomorrow and this moment are all one in the same... All existing at once, of course I can't prove it, I'm not God πŸ˜‚...

But blessed is he who has not seen but still believes or something like that πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ’•
  • TwitchyMacGee
    edited May 2020

It depends on your definition of reality and proof I suppose πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

Can I say something is real because I've observed it and can touch it? In some respects, but if you want to get all metaphysical I suppose not...

Same thing can be said for proof... You can prove someone committed the crime but did they really or is this all an illusion to begin with πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ...

I believe yesterday, tomorrow and this moment are all one in the same... All existing at once, of course I can't prove it, I'm not God πŸ˜‚...

But blessed is he who has not seen but still believes or something like that πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ’•

Golly you’re cute

Eta: and thank you for indulging me. It’s so hard to get a man to fight these days
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    I'm trying really hard not to hate world right now
  • I'm trying really hard not to hate world right now

Narrow your scope, I promise the world isn't doing the same for you.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    I'm trying really hard not to hate world right now

Narrow your scope, I promise the world isn't doing the same for you.

Yeah, I probably should do that. Thanks.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    In 365 days I will be 50. I'll be ready.

πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰Happy belated 49th birthday! πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

• Mr_Healthy_Habits

Golly you’re cute

Eta: and thank you for indulging me. It’s so hard to get a man to fight these days

Well tbh I've always been more of a lover rather than a fighter but I'm a sucker for anyone willing to jump into the philosophical bed with me...

I'm like... πŸš¬πŸ‘ŒπŸΌπŸ˜πŸ’¨... πŸ˜‚
  • TwitchyMacGee
    This app

And its constant malfunctions

Can’t be a bug

It’s the Russians.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    I bet Dwight Schrute would do crossfit
  • How many times do I have to twist this shampoo pump before it opens?
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    I am scheduled to be off work next week. Debating on taking my time back and saving it for a later date since I will spend most of the time sitting at home. Then again it would be nice to have a little break, haven't been off since New Years... Torn
  • 1sphere wrote: Β»
    after time I realized that it isn’t possible to win. You can’t ultimately win life. You can win some things, but that’s it. What you choose to try and win is what defines you and your character. You’re still gonna fail though, we are all living to fail, think about that. This is why it’s stupid to take life too seriously

Try telling this to Charlie Sheen.
    #WINNING!
    #TIGERBLOOD