50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

Replies

• jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    YollaCan wrote: »
    Hi, returning after many failed attempts... but my head is in a good space, and now it's time for my body to be too. I wana lose 60lbs

Welcome
  • jenifergotti
    Leezy55 wrote: »
    Please add me! Have to lose 40-50.

SW 168
    GW 125 ?
    MG 9/22 end of summer 148

6/1/2020 168

Welcome
  • jenifergotti
    azkunk wrote: »
    Yesterday, I did a 20 minute daily burn video and today my quads HURT. I forced myself to drink water today but I didn’t want to because it would make me pee more and sitting to standing is what is killing me right now.

Best thing for soreness is to move!! Keep it up!
  • jenifergotti
    Weekly check in

SW: 205 5/8/20
    GW: 150
    StGW: 175 by August
    Weigh in 6/2: 203.8

A little frustrated. I’ve really upped my activity level in the past 3 weeks, but the scale has been about the same over the past month.

I’m in the same boat. I am going to do better at counting my calories and drinking all my water! Hoping this helps.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member
    A little frustrated. I’ve really upped my activity level in the past 3 weeks, but the scale has been about the same over the past month.
    I’m in the same boat. I am going to do better at counting my calories and drinking all my water! Hoping this helps.

This is me, too. I think part my problem is sodium. I'm a total salt fiend. I have to cut it.

Doing well the last two days on calories and keeping hydrated and walking...three 20 (or more) minute walks today and some core. I have to keep up the core...when I don't do it, i have a lot of back pain. When I do it...pain eases back a bit.

Tomorrow is weigh-in...may not have any loss but I think I'm moving in the right direction.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Hi crew!
    I have been struggling a little this week. It started Sunday - I could have eaten the corners off the house. I’m guessing that was due to a very eventful, active Saturday. Monday rolled around and we opted for Chinese takeout. I had that for dinner again last night. It is gone now so maybe my struggles will cease, too. I told my daughter that I felt like I needed a vegetable 🤣 We are planning veggies with a small serving of pasta for dinner.

I am currently weighing up 0.6 from my official weekly weigh in. I am trying not to stress bc I know Chinese is loaded with sodium.

Here is to a better day today and a loss for the week!!!!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Weekly check-in (I intended to do this on Tuesdays, but forgot to weigh in oops)

SW: 187.6
    CW:183.6
    MG: under 180 by the end of June
    GW: 125-130

Getting back to tracking my food using a food scale is helping but I need to get better at it. Also need to stay away from the sweets-too many swedish fish. I have found my self hungry after eating but I try to drink more water or eat more filling foods.

Hope everyone has a good week!!
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hello, everyone 👋🏼 Hope you don’t mind me jumping in late.

I’m back to MFP after about a year. Lost 50lbs last spring. Maintained it through a super-stressful summer (last-minute international relocation). Fell off the wagon in fall. Gained it all back between then & now. 😔

We’re moving again in 9-12mo, & I’d like to get back down to where I was this time last year before settling into our new community.

SW: 245
    GW: 185
    CW: 245
  • PotatoHead_
    PotatoHead_ Posts: 290 Member
    Hey all, is this open to jump in late? (echo to Chrysalis above)?

Logged back into MFP today, after a 5 year gap.
    I reached a target weight way back then, and then took my eye off the ball. Became a mum, got old etc.

My solo efforts to get back on track have repeatedly failed - I've had a lifestyle change - hit by a disability that makes it a bit harder...yet easier to make excuses. Strange that, eh?

Last time I found that connecting with others daily was particularly useful when they had a similar amount to lose to me.
    CW: 14st 11 / 207lb
    GW: 12st / 168lb
    (I'm in the UK)
  • louisejen5918
    louisejen5918 Posts: 66 Member
    Feel free to add me.
    I have at least 50 lbs to lose too x
  • jenifergotti
    Hello, everyone 👋🏼 Hope you don’t mind me jumping in late.

I’m back to MFP after about a year. Lost 50lbs last spring. Maintained it through a super-stressful summer (last-minute international relocation). Fell off the wagon in fall. Gained it all back between then & now. 😔

We’re moving again in 9-12mo, & I’d like to get back down to where I was this time last year before settling into our new community.

SW: 245
    GW: 185
    CW: 245

Welcome!!
  • jenifergotti
    Hey all, is this open to jump in late? (echo to Chrysalis above)?

Logged back into MFP today, after a 5 year gap.
    I reached a target weight way back then, and then took my eye off the ball. Became a mum, got old etc.

My solo efforts to get back on track have repeatedly failed - I've had a lifestyle change - hit by a disability that makes it a bit harder...yet easier to make excuses. Strange that, eh?

Last time I found that connecting with others daily was particularly useful when they had a similar amount to lose to me.
    CW: 14st 11 / 207lb
    GW: 12st / 168lb
    (I'm in the UK)

Welcome!
  • Beka3695
    Saturday weigh in

Last week: 206.2
    Today: 204.2

#onederlandsoon
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited June 2020
    Is anybody else noticing their posts disappearing? I made 2 posts today and they have disappeared 😡

My bad —- posted on the wrong board 😬
  • azkunk
    SW:207 (5/1/20)
    CW: 202.8
    GW: 157

Total weight lost: 4.2

I was better this week but not perfect. Hoping that 1.9 loss this week is a true loss. It gives me motivation to be better this week. My goal this week is to log everything and drink 80oz each day.

My other goal is to check in here everyday and report the good and bad to keep me honest.
  • azkunk
    @Beka3695 - I am close to onerland too. Let’s crush it this week!

@ltlemermaid - Swedish Fish are evil 😈

@ChrysalisCove @louisejen5918 and @PotatoHead_ - welcome 👋🏼
  • Beka3695
    Happy Sunday!!!
    I am about to start some food prep for the week to come. No outdoor activities as we are sitting under Tropical Storm Cristobal.

Goal for the week:
    Drink more water
    Maintain the losses from last week
    Drop a little more
    Wash and moisturize my face x2 a day!!!
  • cambo2002
    cambo2002 Posts: 24 Member
    Happy Sunday all! I have admittedly fallen off from weighing myself and holding myself as accountable as I should. Not wanting to face the scale I finally did and I was last at 146.5 and today I'm at 145.5 so over time I've undone some of the bad eating I had but it's not a loss I'm super proud of because I didn't really attack it and I feared getting on the scale for a while and facing what I've done. I'm working on undoing that and being brave and accountable again. I may post here more often. I'm not ready to be on my own yet lol. Good luck to all on your goals! Looking to keep up with water, stop eating after 8pm, and log at least 3 workouts this week.