50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

Replies

• H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    I’d love to join. I’m Lori, started working from home during lockdown and regained 7lbs of the 14 I’d lost before it. 🙄

I’m feeling quite motivated but love reading other people’s stories of success to spur me on. I started back last week and lost 2lb.

SW. 174
    CW. 172
    Mini goal back in the 160s by mid-June
    GW 133-140
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Just getting back to tracking as I have stopped for a few years now. After having my first son, want to lose the weight I have gained (actually gained back what I lost right after having him). Working from home during quarantine hasn't helped-hello pantry and fridge mindless snacking!! Started daily walks and hoping to get back into my running soon.

SW/CW: 187.6
    MG: under 180 by the end of June
    GW: 125-130
  • Lady_Beth
    Lady_Beth Posts: 2 Member
    May I join you all, even though it’s May? I’m from Canada, a mom of 3, one with special needs. I’m also a teacher, trying to hold it together supporting learners at home just now. I’m also the heaviest I have ever been! Too long holding into the “baby weight.”. Needs to end!

189 Starting weight
    179 Goal by June 30
    145 Ultimate Goal Weight
  • colormeJamie
    colormeJamie Posts: 14 Member
    Joining
    Looking to lose 45 by year end (hopefully sooner but I want to be considerate of plateau and reduced weight loss as I get smaller). Ultimately I need to lose 75.
    I have an old neck injury, while I had surgery my body gets irritated when I use my right arm. So my focus is eating healthy, walking, and anything else I can modify during quarantine to not use my right arm over my head.
  • jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Just getting back to tracking as I have stopped for a few years now. After having my first son, want to lose the weight I have gained (actually gained back what I lost right after having him). Working from home during quarantine hasn't helped-hello pantry and fridge mindless snacking!! Started daily walks and hoping to get back into my running soon.

Sounds like we have some of the same goals and stats! I need some motivation to run again......
  • jenifergotti
    Lady_Beth wrote: »
    May I join you all, even though it’s May? I’m from Canada, a mom of 3, one with special needs. I’m also a teacher, trying to hold it together supporting learners at home just now. I’m also the heaviest I have ever been! Too long holding into the “baby weight.”. Needs to end!

189 Starting weight
    179 Goal by June 30
    145 Ultimate Goal Weight

Welcome!
  • jenifergotti
    Joining
    Looking to lose 45 by year end (hopefully sooner but I want to be considerate of plateau and reduced weight loss as I get smaller). Ultimately I need to lose 75.
    I have an old neck injury, while I had surgery my body gets irritated when I use my right arm. So my focus is eating healthy, walking, and anything else I can modify during quarantine to not use my right arm over my head.

Welcome! Sounds like you have a plan! 👍
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member

Sounds like we have some of the same goals and stats! I need some motivation to run again......

I love the couch 2 5K program-its free and you do it at your own pace--alternate walking/jogging as you build up endurance. I just need to make time to get started. I used races in the past to motivate me but with everything being cancelled my motivation is lacking
  • loriinma
    loriinma Posts: 38 Member
    To those who are new, welcome! Feel free to friend me if you want more day to day support. I dont check this forum every day.
  • loriinma
    loriinma Posts: 38 Member
    SW:208
    CW: 204.4
    Loss: 0.2
    GW: 152

I weigh-in Fridays. Averaging about a pound a wk. Really wish it were 2 lbs/wk but I only have myself to blame. Not exercising daily and not tracking is not helpful. Gonna do better this new wk.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited May 2020
    Weeks ago...I said I wanted to join you all...and even though I'm on every day, I rarely visit the forums. Early in my time here, there was I terrific group I was active with but it eventually died. This seems like such a terrific group. I'll try to do better...

Original SW: 230
    Goal: 140
    After a year: 160
    Took a break from trying to lose, but continued to log...but didn't actually maintain. Got lazy, stupid crap interfered...gained a bunch back.
    Current: 210 🙁

Goal: 140
    Benchmarks: 200 by Aug 1; 190 by Nov 15.

Excited to see a bunch of educators on here! I'm in ed, too, but I do staff training on reporting ed data. Teaching is a tough field but SO important!
  • melaniedscott
    azkunk wrote: »
    9bq57gthn6rb.jpeg

Okay...I really love this!
  • Zodiacsmom
    Zodiacsmom Posts: 105 Member
    Hey y'all... back at this again... again again...LOL

235 starting weight (5/10/20)
    200 mini goal weight for November
    150-65 GW

Let’s do this!
  • melaniedscott
    I had blood work this week for fatigue and everything came back normal, so it must be something I’m doing or not doing. Getting frustrated!! 😬😩
    When I feel run down and fatigued all the time, I add a Vitamin B complex and Vitamin D3 to my regimin for a couple days. It always seems to help...might all be in my head...I feel better because I've DONE something or I feel better in self defense (hate B complex, smells gross to me...I'm kinda sensitive to smells). Sometimes I add iron...that can help too...
    Hope you start feeling better!
  • megdad1992
    megdad1992 Posts: 10 Member
    I have 40 to lose.. went 18 so far.. add me anyone. let's Do it together 💪🏻👊🏻
  • algrif37
    algrif37 Posts: 107 Member
    I need to lose 40-50 lbs too and definitely need support and accountability. I’ve been stuck at 180-181 for months!!!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Saturday weigh in

Today: 206.2
    Prior week: 209
    Loss this week: -2.8!!!!!
    Total loss from highest -35.8

I am beyond happy with this weigh in. I can see ONEDERLAND in the distance. I feel great about hitting my goal by 7/4.

I feel like a million bucks today!!!!!
  • kmccrom
    kmccrom Posts: 74 Member
    Good morning everyone and happy Saturday!

Not sure what the weekend means under these weird circumstances... but I wanted to ask all of you if being home and quarantined (unless you are working out there instead of at home in which case I say thank you) has affected your eating habits. For me, it’s been confronting because food is always just right there. But I’ve tried to eat healthy and provide healthy food for my family. There’s no distracting myself through my teaching day.

But... last summer I was successful in losing weight because I had time to focus on it and do this stuff... log my food, connect with fine folks like you all, think about why it matters to me. I’m a teacher so I’m lucky to have that time in the summer.

Anyway, the weekend is also a chance to take that time and to focus on exercise. It can be an opportunity as well as a challenge. What’s it like for all of you... work days vs. days off in terms of your habits?
  • DjPeazy
    DjPeazy Posts: 12 Member
    Hey congrats to everyone that's trying to get sexier 😊

SW: 238
    FG: 200
    GW: 175

I honestly would like to see what I look like with abs so abs is my goal tbh

Great luck to everyone on this journey 💪😤
  • jenifergotti
    Zodiacsmom wrote: »
    Hey y'all... back at this again... again again...LOL

235 starting weight (5/10/20)
    200 mini goal weight for November
    150-65 GW

Let’s do this!

Welcome!