50 pounds to lose - starting again - join me with weekly check-ins and support

Options

Replies

• jenifergotti
    jenifergotti Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I had blood work this week for fatigue and everything came back normal, so it must be something I’m doing or not doing. Getting frustrated!! 😬😩
    When I feel run down and fatigued all the time, I add a Vitamin B complex and Vitamin D3 to my regimin for a couple days. It always seems to help...might all be in my head...I feel better because I've DONE something or I feel better in self defense (hate B complex, smells gross to me...I'm kinda sensitive to smells). Sometimes I add iron...that can help too...
    Hope you start feeling better!

Thanks! I have been thinking about starting some vitamin b and d, but not sure how much to take? Do you just get it over the counter?
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    algrif37 wrote: »
    I need to lose 40-50 lbs too and definitely need support and accountability. I’ve been stuck at 180-181 for months!!!

You got this!
  • jenifergotti
    Options
    kmccrom wrote: »
    Good morning everyone and happy Saturday!

Not sure what the weekend means under these weird circumstances... but I wanted to ask all of you if being home and quarantined (unless you are working out there instead of at home in which case I say thank you) has affected your eating habits. For me, it’s been confronting because food is always just right there. But I’ve tried to eat healthy and provide healthy food for my family. There’s no distracting myself through my teaching day.

But... last summer I was successful in losing weight because I had time to focus on it and do this stuff... log my food, connect with fine folks like you all, think about why it matters to me. I’m a teacher so I’m lucky to have that time in the summer.

Anyway, the weekend is also a chance to take that time and to focus on exercise. It can be an opportunity as well as a challenge. What’s it like for all of you... work days vs. days off in terms of your habits?

I have been a stay home mom for 13 years and was in great shape until I went back to school 2 years ago. When I am home, I eat good and exercise more consistently, when I have out of the home stuff going on, that when I gain......
  • kmccrom
    kmccrom Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I have been a stay home mom for 13 years and was in great shape until I went back to school 2 years ago. When I am home, I eat good and exercise more consistently, when I have out of the home stuff going on, that when I gain......

Isn’t that interesting? There are all different ways! :-)
  • kmccrom
    kmccrom Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am still learning how to quote someone... @jenifergotti I was responding to you
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Tough week for me this week. I am stressed out about moving and all that needs to be done and I have let it get to me. Also it’s been HOT here like 113* hot so my walks have not happened. Thought about it this morning but it was already 90* at 8:00 and the sun was blazing.

I am afraid to step on the scale but I will do so tomorrow. I need to keep posting to keep me motivated and honest.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @azkunk - I agree with skipping the walk! I did 2 miles at 930 90* and thought I was going to die! I was planning a full hour which would have been 4 miles, but I could not continue past 2!!!!
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Beka3695 - I just can’t handle the heat. I need to find an indoor activity that I can commit to
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have been thinking about starting some vitamin b and d, but not sure how much to take? Do you just get it over the counter?

Yes, just whatever they have at Walmart or equivalent pharmacy. The B complex I take has 180 mg of C, 50 mg of B1, 12.5 mg of B2, 50mg of B3, 5 mg of B5, 400 mg of Folate, 12.5 mg of B12, 45 mg of Biotin, and 50 mg of Panthothenic acid, so it isn't all B and I never take it for more than 3-4 days. D3 is 25mcg.
  • azkunk
    Options
    SW:207 (5/1/20)
    CW: 203.7
    GW: 157

Total weight lost: 3.3

Time to take accountability. I gained 1.3 lb since the last time I weighed. I was stressed and made bad choices. I need to do better as the stress of buying/ selling a house and moving during these uncertain times is going to keep growing until It is over. I have little control over some things but I can control how I react to the stress. I will do better this week.
  • sksk1026
    sksk1026 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Checking in...
    Starting: 95kg Current 94.9kg
    Mini goal: 90kg
    End goal: 73kg
    Up 0.2kg this week. I'm struggling to get into a reasonable-eating routine. Nighttime snacking is my kryptonite.
    This week I'm going to walk every day and do bodyweight exercises on Mon, Wed and Fri. I will keep 250 calories for evening snacks.
    Good luck, all.
  • loriinma
    loriinma Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    9bq57gthn6rb.jpeg

Okay...I really love this!

So true.
  • azkunk
    Options
    sksk1026 wrote: »
    Checking in...
    Starting: 95kg Current 94.9kg
    Mini goal: 90kg
    End goal: 73kg
    Up 0.2kg this week. I'm struggling to get into a reasonable-eating routine. Nighttime snacking is my kryptonite.
    This week I'm going to walk every day and do bodyweight exercises on Mon, Wed and Fri. I will keep 250 calories for evening snacks.
    Good luck, all.

My krytonite is eating out and I am totally sick of eating out. But it’s easy when I’m busy and my will power is week.

My goal this week is to not eat any takeout.
  • YollaCan
    YollaCan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, returning after many failed attempts... but my head is in a good space, and now it's time for my body to be too. I wana lose 60lbs
  • YollaCan
    YollaCan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Viri142 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I would love to join the daily check-in. I have 80+ pounds to lose. Unfortunately, I am at the heaviest I have ever been, and I am finally ready to lose. Also, add me as a friend! :)

238 SW (4/22/20)
    200 First Goal
    150 GW

You can add me too, if youd like
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Please add me! Have to lose 40-50.

SW 168
    GW 125 ?
    MG 9/22 end of summer 148

6/1/2020 168
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Ok, we survived Monday!!!

How did everyone do?

Who has a success?
    Who identified work that needs to be done?

I had a stressful Monday. My daughter agreed and had ordered Chinese takeout before I was even aware. Luckily, I had plenty of room for the extra calories. Unfortunately, it is sitting heavy and I feel a little gross now. Now, I have to flush out all of this sodium by Saturday!!!

Goal for tomorrow - increase the water and stay in a caloric deficit!

oviotuecoawe.jpeg
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I did really well today--three 20 minute walks and one 30 minute. I did a bit of core early. I stuck with my calories and am under...even got a glass of yummy Mango wine (from WI, SO weird! But yummy!).

And 3 liters of water...I've been terrible at hydrating lately. Back at it!
  • azkunk
    Options
    Yesterday, I did a 20 minute daily burn video and today my quads HURT. I forced myself to drink water today but I didn’t want to because it would make me pee more and sitting to standing is what is killing me right now.
  • signing_megs
    signing_megs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Weekly check in

SW: 205 5/8/20
    GW: 150
    StGW: 175 by August
    Weigh in 6/2: 203.8

A little frustrated. I’ve really upped my activity level in the past 3 weeks, but the scale has been about the same over the past month.