Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Went washing machine shopping! I washed a fishing lure in my old one (accidently) That thing somehow made its way THROUGH the little holes and I ended up with a big hole! (VERY messy)

SOUNDS messy! :noway:
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Afternoon Ravenclaws!

My 1st weigh in for September, 65.3kg / 143.9lb. I'll try to do it Sunday or Monday every week. ***My goal for the end of September is 63.8kg.*** It's only 1.5 kg, but I've honestly just been hovering around this weight for too long, and I just want to move on asap. I'm starting a boot camp thing at my gym this week, so I'm hoping to put on a bit more muscle as well as do lots of cardio, so a smaller goal should allow for any muscle mass I gain hopefully.

Today I have 3 owls, and 15 house points.
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Didn't get any OWLS or Points yesterday

Monday 5/9/11
    1 OWL Exercise – Walked to a friends 15 min
    OWL Food/Water – Not yet
    1 OWL Post
    15 house points got 60 on Saturday

75 house points all up so far.
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi Ravenclaws! Bleugh to back to work today- the weekends go far too fast! Sunday was a bad day (too lazy after big night out on Saturday ha ha) but am back on it today so my stats for this week so far are:

Points since Friday (inc. Fri):
    Water challenge: 4 OWLS
    Exercise challenge: 3 OWLS
    House spirit: 3 OWLS

Exercise minutes for house competition: 200. (90 on Fri, 50 on Sat, 0 on Sun, 60 today).

Can't remember if I said my goal but for September my goal is 178lb.

Hope everybody's Monday was better than mine!!
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    good morning to all!! extra day off today d/t Labor Day here in the US. i'm not used to having these days off. in my old job i had to work a lot of the holidays. having dinner at Mom's tonight. last week she wrote down the menu and gave it to me saying "i know you like to know ahead of time so you can figure out your calories"!!! finally..someone in my family gets it!! :bigsmile: now off the the elliptical to earn my dinner at Mom's!!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I learned from a cardiologist last week that taking glucosamine (as well as a number of other medications) lowers your metabolism. If you don't exercise, you will gain weight. He was quite adamant about this. Not "may" gain weight, "will" gain weight. He said that if you have joint pain, it will help, but you have to exercise or the weight gain will put more stress on your joints, counteracting the effect.

I didn't know that. I am taking glucosamine for my joint pain. The last couple of weeks I haven't been as diligent as I would like about walking. Guess what? The scales show it.

I've been consistent for the last few days, I hope I can keep it up this week. My motivation to walk in the morning lately is to relieve my back pain and sciatica. 30 minutes seems to get the blood flowing and engage my core muscles enough so I don't hurt for the rest of the day.

*Progress towards week of 9/4 OWLS -9/5 update*
    House Spirit (post ) - +1
    Food (64 oz water) - +1 (I blasted this with 114oz, outside working in yard)
    Exercise (Move) - +1 (pressure washed deck)

*September exercise minutes*
    Month to date total = 80
    9/5 exercise minutes - Walking - 30
  • azsuzi
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaw! Loving my extra day off this week too. Tomorrow I start my next 2 classes and I "shouldn't" be as active posting once they start. I say shouldn't because I have a very bad habit of sneaking peaks at MFP while I'm trying to study - which totally sidetracks me! :laugh:

We are still missing weigh -ins for:
    bethanyweathers
    cherubcrnp
    cNhobbes
    deviations
    marymax2994
    NikkiMustang77
    Samiwhereareyou
    sunstonefire
    xDSaraxD

And we need September goals for:
    bethanyweathers
    cherubcrnp
    cNhobbes
    craft338
    desj16
    deviations
    marymax2994
    NikkiMustang77
    Samiwhereareyou
    sundancer1966
    sunstonefire
    xDSaraxD

That may look like a lot, but we've had 20 of our 29 house mates weigh in! We're off to a fantastic start!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • nekoemi
    nekoemi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good morning! My september goal is 253 lbs.
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Happy Labor Day all!

Weighed this morning and I am now 331! 2 pound loss! Woot!

My goal for this next month will be 223. That's about 2 pounds each week, which what my settings are at.

let's go Ravenclaws!
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    my goal for the end of September is 199.9!! (well, 199.8 cuz my scale only has 0.2's)

i know it's a small goal, but i just had a huge loss... since September 1st, I've already lost 3.6 lbs without even really doing anything different, so i have a feeling i might not lose next week. (fingers crosses that my body ignores the big loss and just keeps going LOL)
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    Happy labor day all!!! Hope the bbqs didnt get everyone too bad, I managed to only eat 1 turkey burger and 1/2 slice of cake but the homemade ice cream got me good. yoyoed back up a bit but that just means I have to work even harder this week, weekends are my weakness they are usually a lot of eating and no exercise because the family is home.
  • missbeccaanne
    Options
    posted twice.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Happy Labor Day to those of you in the US. Its raining here (NY) but still got in my morning run (I actually LOVE running in the rain) and a trip down to the river with the kids. Man am I going to miss the summer :(

Today's Stats:
    Exercise: 1 OWL
    Food: 1 OWL
    Spirit: 1 Owl

Weekly Stats:12 Owls and House points =202

I should change my weigh in to Sundays so then the weekly exercise minutes are calculated for me- but let's be honest Sunday's are NOT my lightest days!!!!
  • kaseyb21
    Options
    Good Evening Ravenclaws!

Don't you just hate it when all you want to do is one thing but it seems like there's always 100 things that NEED done before you can actually do what you want? That's how's it's been for me lately. It's not an excuse; it's just how I've been feeling.

Anyway....weighing in at 279.8 which is up a bit again. Now that I've gotten some of the crazy out of the way, I'm focusing again on logging my food and getting back to scheduled exercising. This includes working for OWLs and keeping track of House Points. I love this challenge and group of people and I really want to get re-involved.

On a more random note, I've been SO bummed I haven't gotten my Pottermore email yet! Has anyone else gotten in? I was 'selected' but I haven't gotten the go-ahead email. I know it's only one more month but I'm so excited!!

'For Ravenclaw, the cleverest would always be the best...'

I am right there with you on Pottermore. My roommate and I have been checking our emails probably five times a day! A few of our friends have gotten in and from we've seen, it's absolutely amazing.

It is only another month, but I stayed up to 4am to answer that question, dangit! :) Hopefully we'll get our emails soon!
  • Samiwhereareyou
    Samiwhereareyou Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    my weight is still 159 no change. and my goal for sept is 150.

Question. I want to weigh 140 by Halloween thats 10lbs in sept and 10lbs in oct. I find that reasonable but my family tells me thats is unhealthy and an unreasonable goal. I should make it 140 by Christmas.

What do you guys think?? How much are you planning on losing?
  • azsuzi
    Options
    my weight is still 159 no change. and my goal for sept is 150.

Question. I want to weigh 140 by Halloween thats 10lbs in sept and 10lbs in oct. I find that reasonable but my family tells me thats is unhealthy and an unreasonable goal. I should make it 140 by Christmas.

What do you guys think?? How much are you planning on losing?

I set mine for 150 for September too (at 158.5 now), but I've been losing less than 2 pounds a week so I don't know if I'll reach it. I know that the closer I get to my goal (145), the slower the weight will come off because my BMR will be lower - so I will have less of a deficit. Your goal may be too ambitious, but who knows? You might just make it! :happy:

Its late here and I need to get in bed, but tomorrow I will try to post a link to a body fat calculator that I found very helpful in deciding if my overall goal is reasonable.

Have a good night Ravenclaw House!!
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I decided as a bit of prep for my first boot camp class tomorrow I would do some push ups. I used to do around 70 push ups every second day, but haven't kept up with that for at least a month. I made it to 32, and was feeling pretty good about myself. I thought hey, my fitness hasn't slipped that much. WRONG! Lol. This morning I ached so much, and just hanging out my washing today I was like ouch ouch ouch.

So while I'm really excited to start boot camp, I'm also very worried now . I'm so unfit now. This is going to be really really hard. :sick:
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 6/9/11
    1 OWL Exercise – Walked for roughly 45 mins
    OWL Food/Water - No
    1 OWL Post
    45 House Points

Had a good day today spent the day in Dubbo for an MRI so should get those results next week. Fingers crossed the results are good.
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I decided as a bit of prep for my first boot camp class tomorrow I would do some push ups. I used to do around 70 push ups every second day, but haven't kept up with that for at least a month. I made it to 32, and was feeling pretty good about myself. I thought hey, my fitness hasn't slipped that much. WRONG! Lol. This morning I ached so much, and just hanging out my washing today I was like ouch ouch ouch.

So while I'm really excited to start boot camp, I'm also very worried now . I'm so unfit now. This is going to be really really hard. :sick:
    While boot camp is going to be hard, think of how great you'll feel afterwards! We're here if you need to share stories of your pain though; OUCH!

I'm excited to be back at school after Labor Day weekend, it's much better for me to have a schedule and access to a gym than to be a lazy bum at home. Plus while I was back home, we had a family discussion about why it is really important for us (as a family) to work out. High cholesterol runs on both sides of my parents, so my sister and I really need to watch out to keep that low!