June 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Glory hallelujah curfew is ended! Praying for continued peace, since we still have protests scheduled. But I suspect the pouring rain and possible tornadoes predicted the next two days will do more for crowd control than the National Guard could.

Yay!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent what is your plan, now?

With respect to which of may many problems? LOL
    How do you feel about just throwing out the washer and dryer?

Not gonna happen lol
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Why thank you! Slow and steady, right!!! And those pics....gorgeous!

@rheddmobile Great news....hopefully things are settling down!

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I got the toe protectors in the mail today. Thanks so much! I can't wait to try them out.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @avidkeo, an update in the fatigued solei conversation which I thought you might be interested in. Mine are still playing up because I’m still running (what a surprise), anyhoo, I’ve been having having an email conversation with my coach and he writes this: “Flexibility, mobility, technique and strength. From a technique perspective, tomorrow and moving forward, I would love for you to concentrate on trying to lift your leg off the ground using your hamstring, rather than pushing off with the calf muscle. Strength, this will develop over time. Then from a flexibility and mobility perspective I think you are on the right track with daily mobility, yoga etc. In an ideal world I would also suggest a weekly-fortnightly massage or similar. Then it is about training load, if we do too much, or too soon then we'll run (pun intended) into challenges.”

Very interesting!
    Similar to my PT, concentrating on flexibility and strength right now, I imagine this will change on Thursday though.

So I've not run for almost 2 weeks now, and I'm finally pain free today. I did my hop test today and I can hop pain free! I'm still not running till Thursday because I'd rather have an extra 2 days off and be fine, then run too early and irritate it again.

I've been religious about my stretches and strengthening. And I notice the difference!

So my first run should be after my PT session, and I cannot wait!!!

How to you lift through your hamstring? That will be an interesting technique... Have to try that one!

No idea. I’ll find out tomorrow. 🤣
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Yeah for the lifted curfew. Hope everyone decides to behave themselves and stays safe.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,060 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 I think you have an extra dog there. Shedding season is the worst, even though it seems that with my Tippy there is no off season when it comes to shedding. Love your pups. So cute.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo "off" season, i get about half. speed demon hasn't shed that much before but this year, she definitely got a wisconsin winter coat
    daisy was neglected so she has a lot of extra fur. i don't think she was hurtfully neglected, just didn't get regular grooming-her nails are long and i can't clip them right now because the quick is too long
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Morning, all!

Guess what! Weights are IN at Academy! Woo hoo!

Still resting the legs --- left IT Band this time. I can feel that the right one wants to be testy as well, so last night I just rode bikes with my son. I don't think it made anything worse and it allowed me to still get some activity and miles in. Plus. Bicycling is a lot of fun! And with my son too!

@PastorVincent I really think the solution is to get rid of the washer and dryer.

OR. Stop using pockets.

OR. The neon sign idea.

Probably no running tonight, though it would be nice. I am making last-ditch efforts/ preparations for my daughter's 14th birthday party on Friday. Right when I think I am done, there's something else, but such is life. She's got a neurology appt / follow up today, so that should be grand, as well. :)