Serial Starters

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Sara- I am so incredibly sorry. My heart hurts for you. I was not expecting that news...I know you weren’t, either. It is never an easy decision. But, you did what was best for Miss Tillie. I hope she finds my Domino and they become fast fur friends...
    HUGE HUGS
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Words can't express. So sorry.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Friday

Dearest Sara,
    So very sorry for your loss. You were the best mommy she could have had. Hugs.

Tracy
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    I echo Tracy's words - you were a great mom to Miss T. I am sorry. So very sorry.
    I will be thinking of you!
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,380 Member
    Good morning,

Overslept as I had trouble sleeping. I am late to start work and while I dont care I must be timely. For once I am working in my PJs for a little while.

TGIF

Thank you for your kind words. We were both lucky and it was worth it.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,960 Member
    edited June 2020
    Oh my gosh, Sara~~
    I am so so sorry to hear the sad news.
    You were compassionate to make the right choice for Miss Tillie.

(I mailed a card a few days ago addressed to the both of you. Oy.)

Big, big hugs to you~
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana dont worry about the card and Miss T - she knows and its all good.

Guess it is time to reorganize this place so that should new dog come my knitting etc is safe off the ground!!!

Mrs Monster offered for me to take day off - dont have time off so I am plugging along.

Walking tonight will be very helpful.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Nothing like an unexpected downpour to get you moving faster!!!

Hot tea/hot chocolate and maybe cream of wheat for dinner??

• LanaCabana537
    edited June 2020
    ***⛱ SATURDAY June 13th 🏝 ***

Good morning everyone~~

The sun is up, and we have a new day, thank goodness~~

Now where is that Cabana Boy with the coffee?

Lana

256.4 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Lana I am sorry the cboy was late. We need more training or new recruits or both.

I could sleep in as my normal schedule is out the door, yet again. Groceries, phone store, Vet clinic, then home. I will take the Vet clinic something nice to eat as a thank you and I have a job opening info for one of the Vet techs.

My afternoon is open and I stayed up late with a neighbor talking. There is a good chance she will be moving but this is a good move for her. So as I knew I was sleeping in......

Will fly by later. Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2020
    Still no ice cream in the house. I have been fixated on plantain chips which are either 50mg sodium per serving (plain) or 90mg per serving (lime flavored). Not that I dont like chocolate, but it is just too "sweet" right now. I also know I will have ice cream tomorrow so saving up my calories.

Had a nice long talk with coworker who I gave all my dog food to. I gave her my dog's next grooming apt card and called the groomer to tell her Miss T will no longer visit and so groomer and coworker will connect to set up an apt.

so I need to go walking - I dont need too many steps so it is not impossible to hit my goal.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    6k steps today for the first time in about a week, I am hoping it will let me sleep better.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2020
    ***** ☀️ SUNDAY, June 14th ☀️ *****

Hey Sara~~

I am glad that you stayed up late the other night talking with your neighbor. Even though the likely move will be good for her, I really feel how it is to lose anyone at all at this time in our lives, especially right now for you. 🤗💖🤗
    - - - -

I am having a heck of a time these past two months, since my return from the grotesque month out in Las Vegas, having been treated shabbily by my estranged, strange husband.

I live alone here in NC, and it is a tough haul.
    I find myself clocking a lot of calories in alcoholic beverages, which is so unhealthy and kittens my weight loss efforts. Gah.

I meant to post this on Saturday, but found it still in "the box" this morning.

Lana

256.4 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 goal 2020
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning,

Lana - the "left message" I have done a number of times and quite annoying.

Can you balance some of the drinking with walking? Is your pool warm enough to use? Can you walk laps around the pool? I know ladies in New England who walk around their house....

New neighbor parties Friday and Saturday, we shall see what tonight brings.

Walk this morning before youtube sermon and then drop off items for food closet later and have ice cream with friend late afternoon.

Scale was nicer to me this morning, but the need to walk is constant.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Sara~~

The kids are coming swimming this afternoon - I'm looking forward to their energy and the company of their parents. Yes, the pool is totally usable now, thank heavens.

Your ice cream with a friend this afternoon sounds nice - enjoy yourself!

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 656 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi, everyone. I realized if I stop to catch up on reading before I post, I might not post for even longer. I'm in Florida, helping with mom (90) and sis who had foot surgery (11 different procedures in one surgery; yowzah). My flights were packed and my pancreatitis flared as the first flight took off. I was so miserable. I took a 2nd pain pill when we landed in Charlotte, and that did the trick. It also helped me sleep the whole flight to Tampa :) I usually can't sleep on flights so it was nice.

I'm not sure if my weight has changed much since I left home; maybe up and down some, and lately I've gotten careless. BUT I'm still getting good exercise, so not all is lost. I usually wait for the sun to get pretty low on the horizon before setting out. The heat and humidity don't seem to bother me when it's so flat.

Not much else to report--life is really quiet here, even without Covid precautions.

I'm looking forward to catching up and hope to find you are all doing well. Toodles!
    Maureen

ETA: I read through pretty quickly, but oh my, Sara; I am so, so sad for you. Losing my beloved dogs has been so hard, each time. They are such a huge part of our day-to-day life. Please know that my heart is with you.

Lynn, glad that FIL's surgery went well and hoping his convalescence is rapid and uncomplicated.

Dawn, I can imagine your frustration. 85 is pretty old. My mom is 90 and we want to let her do whatever she wants and try to figure out how to mitigate risks--it's such a challenge, with Covid literally in the air. Balancing a good quality of life with keeping her around longer is not easy. I had to smile at your account of her hospitalization--it reminded me that my sisters and I have joked that prison will be our retirement plan; 3 meals a day, after all, and no responsibilities. Your Gma seems to know what she wants and how to get it. That doesn't make it any easier on you, though.

I don't know if I can get back here regularly for the foreseeable future--we will see. I seem to go from all quiet to having 6 chores to do at once. School is officially over so that helps, too. The last 2 weeks were really hard-my focus was waning and I had to be really strict with myself.

Take care.
  • LanaCabana537

Maureen!

So good to hear from you! I knew that you were on your family expedition.
    I hope that it goes as well as possible, all things considered.

Know that we are thinking about you, and Philippe and the Boys are looking for you for your foot massages and pillow fluffing.
    😉

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Maureen, glad you were able to get to FLA and that doing elder care is exhausting. That cboy care package is on its way. Watch for some handsome guy to cross your path!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    6k I got tonight. I sent a couple who lives nearby to the ice cream place I went to today - their date night got ruined by their children, so I said hey you have a couple hours, go get some ice cream just the two of you!!

I have to get some sleep so I can deal with Mrs Monster tomorrow.

Wishing all a good night - may this be the week we all see the cboys delivering care packages!